Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Seems like a pretty solid attempt at 'anti DRS card that doesn't neatly fit into the Brainstorm/DRS decks'
    5 Toughness is a lot

Anyway if you’re playing a blue based creature deck (everyone?)

They gave us another huge tool

If you can block Sneak Attack you can play this with his SnT and place it on you DRS/Merfolk/Delver/Pyromancer token and just win as he passes... you only fear Omniscience at that point

The dinosaur seems a little similar to Courser or Tireless Tracker. Attempts to give Green lackluster card advantage.

Courser is better in most situations, but the dino seems like a compromise for the right meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

These both seem interesting. Probably not getting there, but interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I'm not sure what you really mean. Why would wizards want a hoser of storm that storm can't beat even with sideboard cards!? That's totally uninteractive.
    Canonist with mother protection is pretty hard for storm to beat, but at least there's a deck building cost to it. That a card "dies to removal" doesnt make it trash. It makes it balanced.
    Plenty of ways for Storm to stop that. Hurkyll's Recall. Rebuild. Pernicious Deed. Engineered Explosives. Powder Keg. Most of those have been in Storm sideboards before, and may be again depending on meta and hate cards.

Stitcher's Supplier has got the most anachronistic artwork for modern MTG I've seen for quite some time. Could be directly out of the Torment Expansion.

Cockatrice: Bosque

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    fetches are pretty big. deathrite is the obvious one. i think it's more about what matchups it's useful. seems great vs elves if nothing else. could be okay vs miracles too since they run so many fetches (and actually get to use a lot of them.)

seems cool with doran if that's ever a thing.
    Shhhh...

4x Veteran Explorer
    3x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Siege Rhino
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1x Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    1x Doran, the Siege Tower
    4x Green Sun’s Zenith
    4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Path to Exile
    2x Abrupt Decay
    3x Pernicious Deed
    2x Sylvan Library
    1x Painful Truths
    1x Vindicate
    1x Nissa, Vital Force
    1x Liliana, the Last Hope

1x Dryad arbor
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Windswept Heath
    1x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Marsh Flats
    1x wooded foothills
    1x Bayou
    1x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    3x Forest
    2x Plains
    2x Swamp
    1x Phyrexian Tower
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
    I like it. I wish it was 2/2 and cost 3, but I still like it.

I think the upcoming shift of the default Red deck in Standard to Goblin Tribal will be a very good thing for the format, because removal tools will actually work vs. them. Whereas the current Vehicles, recurring threats, all no-blocking Haste creatures version of the deck is just a giant pile of badly designed garbage.

One With The Machine
    3U
    Socery
    Draw cards equal to the highest converted mana cost among artifacts you control.
    We do have things like Myr Enforcer,Salvage Titan, and Hollow One as enablers, but this isn't worthwhile, is it?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Anyway if you’re playing a blue based creature deck (everyone?)

They gave us another huge tool

If you can block Sneak Attack you can play this with his SnT and place it on you DRS/Merfolk/Delver/Pyromancer token and just win as he passes... you only fear Omniscience at that point
    Not quite how this works with SnT; if you show this in at the same time as a Grisel or Emmy, you can't copy their guy. You can however Show this in, affix it to their creature (even Emrakul since it's not a "spell" when dumped into play) and give them a copy of whatever unimaginative garbage 1-2 cmc scum you had previously deployed (they will not have priority between SnT's resolution and the affixing of this card to Grisel-draw 7.

@rufus concerning One with the Machine: this card seems markedly worse than Reverse Engineer; a card which allows aggressively costed, independently castable artifact themes and can be complemented by Thoughtcast

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    We do have things like Myr Enforcer,Salvage Titan, and Hollow One as enablers, but this isn't worthwhile, is it?
    Isn't this a classic "win-more" at 4 mana? If you have such fatty beaters on the field, you are most likely already winning.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    ... and give them a copy of whatever unimaginative garbage 1-2 cmc scum you had previously deployed (they will not have priority between SnT's resolution and the affixing of this card to Grisel-draw 7...
    Yeah, bonus points if it's a Lord of Atlantis that buffs all your dudes. It might also be better to copy Emrakul & swing. Even so, it's pretty rough to be playing something that's 2-for-1 bait a lot of the time.

Pretty sure you can't attach the enchant creature onto whatever they're show and telling in because they both enter simultaenously. Any enchant creature requires a target that is there beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Not quite how this works with SnT; if you show this in at the same time as a Grisel or Emmy, you can't copy their guy. You can however Show this in, affix it to their creature (even Emrakul since it's not a "spell" when dumped into play) and give them a copy of whatever unimaginative garbage 1-2 cmc scum you had previously deployed (they will not have priority between SnT's resolution and the affixing of this card to Grisel-draw 7.
    You can't show this in to copy Emrakul/Griselbrand. They are entering at the same time, so as far as I'm aware the enchantment will not see E/G. There may be some overlap with how Pithing Needle works (you can Show in Needle to counter a Sneak Attack or Griselbrand), but I think based on the wording E/G have to be on the battlefield before the enchantment does for the enchantment to see them as a viable creature to choose.

You also cannot show this in to enchant Emrakul/Griselbrand. E/G will not be on the battlefield to be a target for this enchantment.

So this enchantment doesn't work at all against Show and Tell.

However, it does work to give you your own True Name Nemesis. Just without the actual relevant AETB ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

May 2015
    PDX

lol yep, I was honed in on what exactly one could copy (presumably a pre-SnT creature on board); definitely can't affix it to a creature that came in on the SnT.

Mar 2012
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Isolate looks hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

"Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

At least post the card:

What does it hit? Manadorks (especially DRS), Vial, Mom, Delver, various Elf creatures, fringe stuff like Veteran Explorer, burn creatures, etc.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    At least post the card
    Somehow your image isn't showing either fyi

Isolate

Instant
    Rare
    Exile target permanent with converted mana cost 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information