Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Re: [M19] M19 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    you both need to rtfc
    Yeah, that. Or more just read completely instead of skim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Apparently I no longer understand how MTG works.

T.T

Old man tears incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Apparently I no longer understand how MTG works.

T.T

Old man tears incoming.
    Welcome to the club lol.
    I missed the If/Instead part and treated it like a when/do something part instead (my Emrakul/shallow grave brain was kicking in). I basically created a replacement effect in my own comprehension about a replacement effect!
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The new Bolas in M19 is a flipwalker:

bruizar

insane standard bomb and commander

Bonus points for the "come at me bro" stance

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Any use for Clone for 3 CMC (only your own creatures)?

Potential Goblin Addition? (Too bad it can't target players and PWs)

Another elf lord . . .

Crucible just got a spoil as a reprint (same art).

http://mythicspoiler.com/m19/cards/c...eofworlds.html

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I think Volley Veteran is a *very* cool card. Reminds me of Flametongue Kavu.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

There is also an enchantress in M19

satyr something 1WG
    whenever you cast an enchantement spell, draw a card.
    2/2

And a guy that would have been great with SDT :)
    Dark-Dweller Oracle 1R
    1, sacrifice a creature: Exile the top card of your Library. you may play it this turn.
    2/2

I guess this dark dweller is not for legacy, but it's a cool card anyway.

Any use for Clone for 3 CMC (only your own creatures)?
    https://i.imgur.com/lYRk0NX.png
    It's hard to come up with situations where it's better than Phyrexian Metamorph or Phantasmal Image.
    Last edited by Jander78; 06-18-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added card tags

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Crucible just got a spoil as a reprint (same art).

http://mythicspoiler.com/m19/cards/c...eofworlds.html
    I'm more interested why is card is suddenly Mythic? It was rare before and Ramunap Excavator makes it clear that this is a rare effect. Price gauging at its finest.

Edit:

3/3 flying at 3 mana isn't that bad (although at that point it's hardly faster than Serra Avenger), but the effects seems too expensive to be any good.

And we have a 2 mana Elf Lord now:

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I'm more interested why is card is suddenly Mythic? It was rare before and Ramunap Excavator makes it clear that this is a rare effect. Price gauging at its finest.
    *gouging

Any reprint > no reprint

If you were an ardent supporter of deleting the RL and then they printed duals at mythic would you then complain just because all other playable duals have been rare forever?

I'm semi-hyped because this is going to be standard legal alongside inventors' fair for like 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    3/3 flying at 3 mana isn't that bad (although at that point it's hardly faster than Serra Avenger), but the effects seems too expensive to be any good.
    People are going to try it in soul sisters, I'm sure.

Mar 2007

*gouging

Any reprint > no reprint
    Except at Mythic, it isn't going to affect the price much (and even less in the long-term), if at all, due to higher demand.

And WotC should have printed Dual replacements that get around the RL (plenty of options with non-tournament format interactions like Commander that function like normal Duals in Legacy/Vintage) at rare a long time ago.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

*gouging

Any reprint > no reprint

If you were an ardent supporter of deleting the RL and then they printed duals at mythic would you then complain just because all other playable duals have been rare forever?

I'm semi-hyped because this is going to be standard legal alongside inventors' fair for like 3 months
    I think mythic cavern, snapcaster, chalice, goyf, and other such cards are proof that at mythic prices will hardly be affected
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I think mythic cavern, snapcaster, chalice, goyf, and other such cards are proof that at mythic prices will hardly be affected
    Being a mythic in a $10/pack limited run non-standard legal set seems wildly different from being a mythic in a $4/pack standard legal set though; especially when the cards in question don't have any immediate use in the current standard environment.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by aCatNamedBootsy View Post
    Being a mythic in a $10/pack limited run non-standard legal set seems wildly different from being a mythic in a $4/pack standard legal set though; especially when the cards in question don't have any immediate use in the current standard environment.
    No immediate use? There are cycle duals and deserts in Standard, plus Inventor's Fair. But those rotate soon, so meh.

Field of Ruin is going to be Standard-legal for another year, though, and with RtRtR coming up this fall (and thus, the inevitable return of shocklands), it's going to have a field day.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by aCatNamedBootsy View Post
    Exactly, so now 10's of thousands of Standard players will want copies of the Mythic to play in their standard decks... It's not like it's some unplayable card like Scapeshift that will see little/no standard play. This will be an in demand staple in Standard for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    There is also an enchantress in M19

satyr something 1WG
    whenever you cast an enchantement spell, draw a card.
    2/2

And a guy that would have been great with SDT :)
    Dark-Dweller Oracle 1R
    1, sacrifice a creature: Exile the top card of your Library. you may play it this turn.
    2/2

I guess this dark dweller is not for legacy, but it's a cool card anyway.

Don't be down on yourself -- this card is a natural fit for Zombardment. I think it's worth testing. 2/2 for 2 is an acceptable bear, and on top of that it can "draw" cards with Bloodghast pretty well. This is like the first card in the set I'm excited about for eternal!

Thread Information