4 Wasteland

1 Batterskull
    1 Containment Priest
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    3 Swords to Plowshares

If anyone tells you you can't build a deck that can beat both Workshops and Storm, kindly summon an army of Hatebears and start turning them sideways. This deck is nasty against many of the top decks in Vintage. There's a Grizzly Bears for every single occasion! Playing Oath or Dredge? Boom! I got a main-deck Containment Priest to make your life miserable. You like Storm? Try going off when Thalia and Vryn Wingmare come visit you.

Against Workshops you have a flood of creatures, mana acceleration, and a robust mana base. You also have your own mana denial package. Workshop decks make their living turning symmetrical effects like Thorn of Amethyst into asymmetrical ones. "Spheres" and other lock pieces from MUD decks hurt opponents but don't hurt them thanks to the massive mana-generating power of Mishra's Workshop. This deck can Wasteland those pesky Workshops and leave a Shops player buried under the weight of their own lock pieces! That Trinisphere isn't so fun for a Shops player when they can't generate three mana from one land.

The mana-denial cards work wonders on the various styles of Blue decks in the format. Cavern of Souls is amazing in a deck like this; it makes Force of Will virtually useless. Speaking of Force of Will, other than Force and Mana Drain, Blue decks don't play unconditional counters. Popular counterspells like Flusterstorm and Spell Pierce don't counter creatures.

If you're interested in approaching the Magic Online Vintage meta from a different angle, give this deck a try. This build is much cheaper than some of the other options in the format, and I can tell you from experience that it's just about the last deck a Storm or Oath player wants to see when they're in a tournament.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...-of-the-format

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    &
    Vintage

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Re: Mono White Hatebears “White Trash”

The bears that hate. The bears that bind.

Love White Trash. No Thorn of Amethyst? Wingmare/Thalia for Thorn looks like an easy swap.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Sep 2011

Re: Mono White Hatebears “White Trash”

I cast Dread of Night. GG.

Although unlike Legacy, you'll never see that card in Vintage so you should be OK.

Is Stony Silence better than Null Rod, the classic Fish tool? You've got 11 lands that tap for colorless and 8 off-color spirit guides, so 2 may be easier than 1W, especially since this is a card you need to cast on turn 1.

Thread Information