4 Chrome Mox
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Manamorphose

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Plateau
    2 Mountain

The idea is simple : abuse Sundial of the Infinite or Gideon's emblem to get a bunch of extra turns, while killing them with Gideon and/or Chandra's ultimate. Ending the turn, either with Sundial or Glorious End, skips end of turn triggers, preventing you from losing the game to Last Chance. Because Glorious End is worded differently from the other "last chance" effects, you do have to activate Sundial in response to its trigger to counter it forever, otherwise it will eventually trigger as you soon as you don't skip your end step. You can also counter Pact's trigger with sundial but you do lose your turn.

From the limited testing I've done it runs surprisingly well if you manage to get a planeswalker online early. This makes me think Arena Rector could be good, although it seems a bit sketchy without a sac outlet. I'm also thinking about Phyrexian Dreadnought for the combo with sundial. For the sideboard, maybe Blood Moon, Chalice... The usual stuff.

Any thoughts are welcome ! :)

Re: [Jank] Sundial of the infinite

Tried something similar a while ago. The double White for Gideon was really troublesome, do you feel the same way?

Also isnīt Angelīs Grace better than Glorious End in a Pact build?

I added Manamorphose for the double white, I didn't have too much trouble. I guess I could also replace the spirit guides with lotus petals to add white sources.

Glorious End does a lot more than Intervention Pact : it's basically an extra turn if you cast it on your opponent's upkeep, and it can also act as a counterspell that no one plays around. The obvious downside is that it costs mana to hold up, but pact ends up costing as much (if not more, in the case where you use sundial to counter its trigger).

Smokestacks + Sundial + Trinisphere is about a hard lock as you can get.

Isochron's Scepter + Final Fortune + Gidoen = infinite turns?

Quote Originally Posted by beebles View Post
    Isochron's Scepter + Final Fortune + Gidoen = infinite turns?
    Yeah

I updated the decklist a bit :

// 60 Maindeck
    // 11 Artifact
    4 Sundial of the Infinite
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Chromatic Lantern

// 7 Creature
    3 Monastery Mentor
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

// 8 Instant
    4 Final Fortune
    4 Glorious End

// 18 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Plateau
    2 Sacred Foundry

// 9 Planeswalker
    4 Gideon of the Trials
    4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza

// 7 Sorcery
    3 Last Chance
    4 Faithless Looting

I replaced Manamorphose with Lantern for fixing, we can't go turn 1 Gideon off of Sol-land + Red source anymore, but I found that it's OK to be a bit slower as long as I can reliably chain extra turns. Faithless looting has been a boon, especially since we have a lot of cards that are bad in multiple, I'd probably play more if I could. Mentor has been decent as an alternative plan, it feels a bit win-more sometimes though.

Pacts were great with Gideon but terrible with Sundial, so I don't think I can justify running any. It was the other way around with Phyrexian Dreadnought, which is why it didn't make the cut either.

I found a cute combo which I hadn't thought of : we can counter the City of Traitor trigger with sundial.

I thought about Isochron Scepter but I don't think it would work without any tutors. Enlightened Tutor or Board the Weatherlight maybe?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

You could consider solitaire confinement, there are a few decks that can't best confinement + sundial (at least game 1)
    -rob

Thread Information