Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New format idea Modified Ban List Legacy

Re: New format idea Modified Ban List Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I'm a little surprised that other stuff didn't cause issues. Is your playgroup actively trying to bust the cards?
    Seems like kitchen table magic tbh.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Well let's role with this . . . if you had 1 banned card in your deck how would you build the most broken deck?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I saw this and I was like 'cool, maybe include Survival, Top, unban a few cards that are safe.' Instead it's like 'Vintage lite', which would play totally different than actual legacy. Seems a little shifty to me...
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Well let's role with this . . . if you had 1 banned card in your deck how would you build the most broken deck?
    Tough call... Storm with 4x LED and 4x Black Lotus seems gas-tastic, or are you suggesting that it's a 1-of?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I'm a little surprised that other stuff didn't cause issues. Is your playgroup actively trying to bust the cards?
    No. The point is just to have fun with them, so we have been dropping them into existing decks. Gush is amazing with Brainstorm. Fastbond in Elves, etc.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by JBlaze View Post
    Nobody has even mentioned the ridiculous shit that control gets. Cruise/Dig/Gush, Mental Misstep, Counter/Top, Balance.

As far as broken combos go we talked about having each person choose one banned card to play. It's not the version I prefer but it does cut down on the broken two card combos and I have to concede is more in line with the philosophy of having the format still play like Legacy.
    Yep, this is a more sensible route to go, and it's been done before as a way to test the power level of various banned cards. Your original proposal was basically a slightly slower Vintage.

Thread Information