Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is time for reserved list-less legacy yet?

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Is time for reserved list-less legacy yet?

No reserve list legacy would have the same problems as something like "pauper-plus" (commons + uncommons allowed); in both instances it's a massive boost to miracles, as it doesn't really affect them. I'm trying to think of what miracles loses besides about 4 duals [in no-reserve list]...I'm coming up short in maindeck adaptations.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    No reserve list legacy would have the same problems as something like "pauper-plus" (commons + uncommons allowed); in both instances it's a massive boost to miracles, as it doesn't really affect them. I'm trying to think of what miracles loses besides about 4 duals [in no-reserve list]...I'm coming up short in maindeck adaptations.
    Burn would get better with all those shocklands around. D&T also loses absolutely nothing.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Like others have said, Modern is the closest WotC will go to Reserved List-less Legacy. There's no reason to extend Modern all the way back because all you do is make blue overbearingly powerful and create a relatively static format of Turbo Xerox and Anti-Turbo Xerox decks. It would undermine the whole point of Modern, which is being the only diverse tournament format Wizards supports.

Vintage provides them with a model for an unsupported Eternal format. Depending on who you ask, Legacy is either going or has already gone the way of Vintage, so I wouldn't expect them to waste too much time managing it or trying to dream up solutions to its problems.
    +1

No RL Legacy is a completely new format with a different format identity from current Legacy. In my opinion it is too close to Modern to even develop its own identity and will only loose more of its identity over time with more cards getting printed.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    What's your argument for why WotC would want to support modern over legacy
    They make money by selling cards and all the cards in modern can be sold while that isn't the case for legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrataal View Post
    No RL Legacy is a completely new format with a different format identity from current Legacy. In my opinion it is too close to Modern to even develop its own identity and will only loose more of its identity over time with more cards getting printed.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    It might be too close to modern but it would also be better than modern and frankly modern is kinda trash.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

I loved Legacy for years, but to be honest, the format has devolved. The diversity is a dream, if you want to play competitive and the cornerstone decks Merfolk and Goblins (Slivers ;)) and Zoo are long gone by now. Other allstars have devolved into less fun versions (Canadian, Landstill, TA) and combo just got retarded (SNT)

I didnt like modern, but it really seem to become the better format the more new cards are printed.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Thread Information