Thread: Omni Leap

Omni Leap

Do you like to take extra turns in Legacy and locking down your opponent? Being on the giving end of an annihilator trigger? What about really crushing your opponent in ways no other deck can? Maybe you like to try the biggest combo deck in all of Legacy? Then this might be the deck for you!

I tried to combine OmniTell with the Nyx Fit lists I've seen. It made sense as either I could get big enchantments in or big creatures. After a bit of clean up I ended up with the following list. NyxFit + show and tell + brainstorm + Emrakul + omniscience. Here is the main deck:

Code:
    10 - CREATURES
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Emrakul, the Aeon's Torn
    22 LANDS
    5 Forest
    1 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    1 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    28 OTHER
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Innocent Blood
    2 Sylvan Library
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Evolutionary Leap
    1 Diablolic Intent
    4 Show and Tell
    1 Omniscience
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    1 Form of the Dragon
    Some cool plays:
    • Academy Rector and a Diabolic Intent. The Intent puts Emrakul into your hand and then Rector puts the Omnisience on the battlefield. Then you play Emrakul and win!
    • Sacrifice Academy Rector to Evolutionary Leap (don't play a land drop for the turn) get the Omniscience in play. Finding Explorers starts netting you mana as it enters for free and sacrifices for G, netting you one G extra each run. Eventually you will cycle through all of the creatures finding Emrakul for your extra turn. Meanwhile you will have sacrificed 3 more Rectors netting you 3 more enchanments into play and whatever else you may have had in your hand.

I played with it today and ended up 2-3. The deck was fun, but there was lots of shuffling. I made some pretty bad decisions at certain points that costs me wins as I was just a turn behind. Also there was a lot of mulliganing and sometimes a lot of not mulliganing hands that shouldn't have been kept.

After today, I will try out some different cards in the main. It still needs a lot of polishing. Curse of Death's Hold must be in the main deck IMO. I am also considering Toxic Deluge instead of the innocent bloods. Love the Sylvans but I think I need the space for other stuff. I will also try to fit in cavern of souls if possible, something I was aiming to have in the sideboard first.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: Omni Leap

Sandwurm Convergence is made obsolete by Overwhelming Splendor so you can do without just fine. Same goes w/ Form of the Dragon. I'd cut both. Also, your manabase is overly greedy. Way too few blue/white/black manasources. Not running GSZ doesn't help here either.

All in all this is just Nyx Fit with an unnecessarily complicated finisher. So when it comes to MUs you've pretty much gained nothing whilst making your manabase much worse. Seems like a very, very poor payoff just for a stylish finisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

4 veteran explorer plus 23 lands including dryad arbor but no gsz seems ridiculous. Maybe cut 2 lands and an Explorer for 2 gsz plus fierce empath.

I ran a list for a while that was strictly Esper, leaning much more on the OmniTell plan than Nyx Fit... I ran Deathrites because, well, most of the reasons it's banned now... I have to say, sacrificing Academy Rector to Diabolic Intent to get both Omniscience and Emrakul was incredibly amusing, as was jamming in 4 Terminus... Depending on how my local meta shakes out with graveyard hate, I may have to revisit this. For reference, here's the list:

4x Deathrite Shaman
    3x Academy Rector
    3x Griselbrand
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    3x Diabolic Intent
    4x Show and Tell
    4x Terminus
    4x Lotus Petal
    1x Omniscience
    1x Overwhelming Splendor