Thread: Good legacy spots in/near Pittsburgh?

Good legacy spots in/near Pittsburgh?

Hey all,

Might be relocating to Pittsburgh soon and am wondering where to go for the best legacy action nearby, hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction!

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Good legacy spots in/near Pittsburgh?

You're not going to find much Magic in the city itself, but thankfully we have a ton in the suburbs. Your best bets for Legacy are going to be Sportscards Etc. in Canonsburg and Mr. Nice Guy Games in Monroeville. MNGG runs weekly Legacy every Tuesday with a larger monthly Saturday tournament most months. Sportscards Etc. does a rotation of Modern, Legacy, and some combination of Vintage/Pauper/Standard usually on the third week, with the occasional weekend event (and the prizes here are insane even for FNMs). Other stores that occasionally run Legacy events include Taitan in Hopewell and Infinite Consortium in Sharon, though those are a bit far, and I imagine that we'll see more in the coming months as GP Richmond and Eternal Weekend (hosted downtown) approach. We have a few Facebook groups as well if you're on that, I can send you links if you'd like.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Re: Good legacy spots in/near Pittsburgh?

Thanks for the great info! Please send along the links, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    You're not going to find much Magic in the city itself, but thankfully we have a ton in the suburbs. Your best bets for Legacy are going to be Sportscards Etc. in Canonsburg and Mr. Nice Guy Games in Monroeville. MNGG runs weekly Legacy every Tuesday with a larger monthly Saturday tournament most months. Sportscards Etc. does a rotation of Modern, Legacy, and some combination of Vintage/Pauper/Standard usually on the third week, with the occasional weekend event (and the prizes here are insane even for FNMs). Other stores that occasionally run Legacy events include Taitan in Hopewell and Infinite Consortium in Sharon, though those are a bit far, and I imagine that we'll see more in the coming months as GP Richmond and Eternal Weekend (hosted downtown) approach. We have a few Facebook groups as well if you're on that, I can send you links if you'd like.

Thread Information