Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Commander 2018 Info and Spoilers

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Re: Commander 2018 Info and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    But it's a 0/0.

X equal to mana used to cast it - not mana used on X.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    My initial thought was Gyrus x=0, next turn attack, with trigger on the stack cast Entomb, get Gigantomancer, swing for 14 using 2B mana (Entomb + 2x Gigantomancer activation). But that's still far short from lethal damage. Needs an extra attacker and extra Gigantomancer activation to bring it into 21 damage.
    Master of Cruelties is the usual silly pick for effects like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    But it's a 0/0.

You have to spend 3 mana on it, so it's always going to be at least a 3/3.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Will doing that allow MoC to attack with the Hydra?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Will doing that allow MoC to attack with the Hydra?
    Yeah, it's the same as Kaalia of the Vast.

Grenzo, Dungeon Warden seems to have grindy creature based synergy with Gyrus. For some MtG formats, you could probably build a card advantage engine around them.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

1st - Land(Islandish) - Mana Dork
    2nd - Land(Mountainish) - Buried Alive (Anger/MOC/(Wonder for Evasion))
    3rd - Gyrus FTW?

---

Actually . . . if you can do Buried Alive . . . why not just go for Anger/Karmic Guide(or Body Double)/Grizzy, Gyrus etb, haste, attack, get Karmic Guide(or Body Double), get a 7/7 lifelinker demon with haste. . . i guess you can conitnue a combo or something, but that seems solid as is? (Although yes, way less complicated ways of getting Grizzy out).

What are the rules about creating tokens with replacement effects? Like can I attack with this, grab Clone and clone something?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    What are the rules about creating tokens with replacement effects? Like can I attack with this, grab Clone and clone something?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by circe
    Actually . . . if you can do Buried Alive . . . why not just go for Anger/Karmic Guide(or Body Double)/Grizzy ...
    Yeah, that's the reason people talk about the 'value' thing. If you're spending the effort to cheat stuff into play, then there are better ways to go, but if you're running jund with etb stuff like Bedlam Reveler and Abbot of Keral Keep it might work to give reach.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Yeah, that's the reason people talk about the 'value' thing. If you're spending the effort to cheat stuff into play, then there are better ways to go, but if you're running jund with etb stuff like Bedlam Reveler and Abbot of Keral Keep it might work to give reach.
    Looking through the most Modern (minus DRS) Legacy Jund creature basis I see:

Dark Confidant
    Scavenging Ooze
    Grim Flayer
    Tarmogoyf
    Bloodbraid Elf
    Grim Lavamancer
    Eidolon of the Great Revel

No real ETB creatures - but I guess you can recur Goyf/Frayer for outsize beats . . . You obviously can't run BBE, since you need to spend mana to cast Gyrus . . . so I guess the question is whether Gyrus > BBE & if you would want to rebuild Jund with more ETB creatures.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I want to use it with Riftsweeper.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Actually . . . if you can do Buried Alive . . . why not just go for ...
    "Traditionally" in the Oozing strategy, Buried Alive (Necrotic Ooze, Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer) + Reanimate targetting Necrotic Ooze will win the game on the spot without even going into combat. 2BB and 2 cards sure is a lot of resources, though, and the combo pieces are nearly dead weight without the combo (excluding Necrotic Ooze attacks, no blocks, before damage Entomb for Phyrexian Devourer, activate Ooze N times, deal 60+ combat damage).

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    "Traditionally" in the Oozing strategy, Buried Alive (Necrotic Ooze, Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer) + Reanimate targetting Necrotic Ooze will win the game on the spot without even going into combat. 2BB and 2 cards sure is a lot of resources, though, and the combo pieces are nearly dead weight without the combo (excluding Necrotic Ooze attacks, no blocks, before damage Entomb for Phyrexian Devourer, activate Ooze N times, deal 60+ combat damage).
    Master of Cruelty seems way more compact for this. You can also run Entomb for Punishing Fire (which can be used to finish off the 1-life opponent) and Loam.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

For what it's worth, I've just noticed that Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow combines nicely with Mirror Entity as it makes everybody a ninja. Throw in some Bitterblossoms, Lingering Souls, Strixes and TNNs and go to town. Not sure if that's a viable midrange plan, but it sounds fun to screw around with, as it draws cards AND drains the opponent. Since you're probably going to have multiple triggers, putting stuff back with Brainstorm becomes extra deadly.

Thread Information