Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [Deck] Goreclaw Stompy

Re: [Deck] Goreclaw Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The 2 most viable options I can think of are Hashep Oasis (better than regular painlands) and Grove of the Burnwillows.

There are also filter lands (e.g. Flooded Grove) and slow lands (e.g. Mogg Hollows) but both seem bad.
    Yeah, Oasis and Grove seem like solid options. It sucks to make more of your forests vulnerable to Wasteland/Blood Moon. It's going to suck to lose to your only green source getting Wastelanded/Blood Mooned.

Also unsure how many forest you would need to replace with them to be able to power out TKS consistently. What would you cut for the TKS? Probably some number or Surrak, Questing Beast and Trinisphere makes the most sense.

I am not convinced that those trade offs are worth playing TKS. But playing a couple of TKS might be doable. I'll have to test it to see

Lodestone Golem and Traxos a whole lot easier to accomidate. I think I would rather just cut the Trinispheres and some of the utility creatures for 4 Lodestones and 3 Traxos...

1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
    8 Forest
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide

4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    3 Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
    3 Questing Beast
    2 Surrak, the Hunt Caller
    2 Verdurous Gearhulk

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Once Upon A Time
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Rhonas the Indomitable
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Prowling Serpopard
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll

Sideboard:
    4 Choke
    4 Force of Vigor
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Veil of Summer

The key will be in sequencing. You only want to cast Lodestone if it's going to cripple your opponent, if you have sufficiently mana to be able to play around it yourself, or once you've you've played one of your other threats.

All the GG costs in many of the creature casting costs don't allow me to abuse Goreclaw as much as I would like. So I'm opting to play an additional Rhonas, and 1-2 TKS maindeck in place of some of the utility creatures.

Sep 2011

I would cut some of the GG guys to run colorless guys to get more value out of Goreclaw (or keep 3sphere main).

Surrak and Gearhulk could be 1-ofs.

That makes sense. Okay will try cutting a Surrak and a Gearhulk to play the 4th Traxos and a Sylvan Library. Trinisphere is a decent option too.

Thread Information