Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTGO Major Announcement

Re: MTGO Major Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by scottwire View Post
    Here's the update

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ate-2018-07-31

TLDR:
    1) They're aware that cards from supplemental sets aren't getting onto MTGO fast enough and they're working on delivering new cards as close to the set release as they can.

2) Chaos Draft coming August 22

3) They're going to redesign the play lobby with the goal of eliminating confusion and getting players into games more quickly. No timeline

4) "Earlier this year, we delivered a feature that lets you yield until a specific phase. We're looking to expand some of this functionality to be even more useful. We're also exploring the best way to split the game chat and game log for players who just want to play Magic and not interact with their opponents, while ensuring that players who like the feature can still chat with their buddies easily."

5) "Finally, we're looking to get as many of those missing Battlebond and Commander (2018 Edition) cards into the system as we can. We'll get a batch of cards with Guilds of Ravnica and then another set near the end of the year, just in time for the holidays!"
    As expected, the sky fell

Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...018-2018-07-24

State of MTGO

We're going to be making some MTGO announcements very soon! Keep an eye out for an article by Chris Kiritz next Tuesday, where he will announce some fun new happenings on MTGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwire View Post
    That is very different from "major announcement" and the sky is falling perception in the original post.
    Explain how you got "major announcement" from "some MTGO announcements" and "fun new happenings", OP.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Explain how you got "major announcement" from "some MTGO announcements" and "fun new happenings", OP.
    WotC's marketing department is full of fail? I dunno, take it up with them. Wasn't ever my term.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    WotC's marketing department is full of fail? I dunno, take it up with them. Wasn't ever my term.
    Link to when they used the term?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

CHAOS DRAFT!!

The only place where i can still find chaos drafts is at the GPs.
    I'm glad that they are bringing this to MTGO as this is one of my favorite lmimited format!!

Ok, so nothing super relevant imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Blockchains of Mephistopheles. Pay WotC lots of money for something confusing that'll probably be unusable.
    Underrated post.

It seems that the number of active Legacy players on MTGO is slowly increasing, which is nice.
    Disappointing that we have to wait until October to get Battlebond cards that has been released since a month ago. They seem aware of this but are unable to do anything about it, problaby because they don't have enough human resources for testing, releases, etc. It would appear that there isn't an airtight separation between MTGO and Arena teams and budgets, and that Arena has been cannibalising on MTGO resources to a degree.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Link to when they used the term?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    This seems like a classic thread where people who don't play MTGO tell the rest of the world how this year will be the year it finally shuts down.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Thread Information