Thread: Real or fake tabernacle

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Real or fake tabernacle

Hello guys, can someone here help me find if this tabernacle is real or fake? It would be easier if I had another one to compare it to.

Thanks for the help!

https://m.imgur.com/a/4zKcXEW

https://imgur.com/a/DS2SEBX

Re: Real or fake tabernacle

Kinda hard to tell on those pics. Try holding a light under the card (back side) and see if the Magic logo shines through with a decent blue color. Next thing to do is take a loup and check if the border is not pixelated. Then take a scale and weigh the card. The weight should be around 1.8 gram. Weighing is the best methode for being sure your card is authentic.

Dec 2015
    Madrid-Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Kinda hard to tell on those pics. Try holding a light under the card (back side) and see if the Magic logo shines through with a decent blue color. Next thing to do is take a loup and check if the border is not pixelated. Then take a scale and weigh the card. The weight should be around 1.8 gram. Weighing is the best methode for being sure your card is authentic.
    Ok, thank you very much. I dont currently have a way to weight it but ill try to find one. Should the light test give the same results for all cards and editions?

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

If you have a Legends common that no one would fake, compare the results to that of the common with the light test.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    If you have a Legends common that no one would fake, compare the results to that of the common with the light test.
    Also the best "test" i have found is the feel. Fakes never seem to have the same texture as real cards.

Thread Information