Thread: Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

Hello all. Just wanted to get a feeling on how the board here (members and moderators) feel about criticisms towards higher up WotC employees. Is it in bad form, are they fair game for valid criticism, etc. ? I don't want to create drama but I would like to know that I am not stepping over some line as I have strong opinions on certain people at Wizards. My concerns always deal with health of the game and although maybe not directly tied to Legacy, they could have impacts down the line. Your thoughts? I feel it may be a bit more open here but I don't want to wear out my welcome. Thanks all.
    Playing since 1994

Format of play: Modern & Pauper

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

The forum is fairly liberal about letting you talk about whatever you want. And you can generally say it the way you want. If you want to get a dig in, you'll probably get away with it. But I don't think it's worthwhile to have threads that are just for complaining about MaRo or whoever..

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    The forum is fairly liberal about letting you talk about whatever you want. And you can generally say it the way you want. If you want to get a dig in, you'll probably get away with it. But I don't think it's worthwhile to have threads that are just for complaining about MaRo or whoever..
    Hey thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about going on a profane rant or anything like that. Just wanted an idea of where the board stands on the matter I posted. I've got a few I have problems with and Rosewater is in fact one, but not the only. But I didn't want to step on anyone's proverbial toes here on the site, being "new". I've found the protectionism at "other forums" extends way in the favor of Wizards employees and just didn't want to fall into the same trap. Again, I appreciate your response and would like to hear from others on their thoughts as well.
    Playing since 1994

This really isn't something you have to worry about. There's been plenty of criticism, some of it very harsh, towards some employees without anyone batting an eye.

In fact, why worry about this anyway? Are other forums more restrictive on these things? I've seen people outright insult people at Wizards on other Magic forums at all without getting in any trouble.

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    This really isn't something you have to worry about. There's been plenty of criticism, some of it very harsh, towards some employees without anyone batting an eye.

In fact, why worry about this anyway? Are other forums more restrictive on these things? I've seen people outright insult people at Wizards on other Magic forums at all without getting in any trouble.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been 3 week suspended at another forum for daring to criticize certain WotC employees and dropping some mild insults. They have it out for me unfortunately. I was hoping this won't be the echo chamber here as it was there. Rules there are downright draconian there. Refreshing that I won't have to watch my tongue as much here. Again, I'm not going on vulgar tirades, just due criticisms hopefully without too much name calling if the need arises. Seems more mature here as well. I just wanted to get a feel for the community, I don't want to pee in the Cheerios.

Oh and I like the good grammar clause in the forum rules as well.
    Playing since 1994

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Thee are no rules against it. Ideally you'd do it in a way that's constructively critical. Say what you don't like and provide suggestions about ways you think they can improve. I seriously doubt WotC would ever see it, but it would at least provide a starting point for discussion.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

In general, as long as posting remains within our forum rules and guidelines members are welcome and encouraged to open discussion about whatever relevant topics they like. That said, this likely isn’t the strongest platform if you’re looking to get their attention considering this is a dedicated Legacy board of all things, but have at it if you want.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Someone should let Tom LaPille know he no longer has to lurk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Just don't push to the point of Slander and there really is not much of an issue. Its not like we don't have a thread dedicated to how much SCG sucks that is about one third bitching about commentators or anything.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Thanks all for the replies so far.

Just an FYI: The forum I've been suspended from is MTGSlaveNation. Yes that is what I call it I'm sure you can figure which one it is. Moderation is oppressive there, they track and blacklist forum members that don't bow down to their policy of WotC sycophancy.

If any are curious, I called Gavin Verhey a buffoon and a man-child and it is against fourm guidelines there. Even though I have constantly pointed out his shortcomings and dumb ideas/cards/products time and time again in civil fashion. So, 3 weeks off. Maybe I should just leave permanently as the member base there seems to be younger and more confrontational. Seems more mature here and I will venture to watch my P's and Q's but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. Don't think I would ever venture into slander.

So again, thank you all. Looks like many may be more welcoming here, hope I can contribute positively, but glad to know I can rant a little if needed. Cheers.
    Playing since 1994

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachinePrime View Post
    Thanks all for the replies so far.

Just an FYI: The forum I've been suspended from is MTGSlaveNation. Yes that is what I call it I'm sure you can figure which one it is. Moderation is oppressive there, they track and blacklist forum members that don't bow down to their policy of WotC sycophancy.
    You are not the first to assume that MTGSalvation has something of value for people who don't buy $billionsandbillions of product. In fairness, their wiki is nearly adequate.

Welcome to the resistance. No kid-gloves around here; not like this is a Modern website.

EDIT: But yeah, slander ain't cool, yo. Not accusing you; just saying.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    No kid-gloves around here; not like this is a Modern website.
    Says the person on the kid-gloves-Vintage website.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Says the person on the kid-gloves-Vintage website.
    lol every single time without fail, with the Modern fragility. If Modern players hear a slight, they must respond.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

The irony in your post is beautiful. I have to think it was on purpose, so kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    The irony in your post is beautiful. I have to think it was on purpose, so kudos.
    I must decline your kudos, as I am but a jester provoked to laughter; true kudos goeth to you who earnestly defended his fair Modern's honor.

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Good to see a little healthy back and forth can be had here. Thanks all for responding.
    Playing since 1994

Thread Information