Thread: Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

Hybrid View

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

Hello all. Just wanted to get a feeling on how the board here (members and moderators) feel about criticisms towards higher up WotC employees. Is it in bad form, are they fair game for valid criticism, etc. ? I don't want to create drama but I would like to know that I am not stepping over some line as I have strong opinions on certain people at Wizards. My concerns always deal with health of the game and although maybe not directly tied to Legacy, they could have impacts down the line. Your thoughts? I feel it may be a bit more open here but I don't want to wear out my welcome. Thanks all.
    Playing since 1994

Format of play: Modern & Pauper

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: Site thoughts/guidelines on criticisms of higher up Wizards employees

The forum is fairly liberal about letting you talk about whatever you want. And you can generally say it the way you want. If you want to get a dig in, you'll probably get away with it. But I don't think it's worthwhile to have threads that are just for complaining about MaRo or whoever..

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    The forum is fairly liberal about letting you talk about whatever you want. And you can generally say it the way you want. If you want to get a dig in, you'll probably get away with it. But I don't think it's worthwhile to have threads that are just for complaining about MaRo or whoever..
    Hey thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about going on a profane rant or anything like that. Just wanted an idea of where the board stands on the matter I posted. I've got a few I have problems with and Rosewater is in fact one, but not the only. But I didn't want to step on anyone's proverbial toes here on the site, being "new". I've found the protectionism at "other forums" extends way in the favor of Wizards employees and just didn't want to fall into the same trap. Again, I appreciate your response and would like to hear from others on their thoughts as well.
    Playing since 1994

This really isn't something you have to worry about. There's been plenty of criticism, some of it very harsh, towards some employees without anyone batting an eye.

In fact, why worry about this anyway? Are other forums more restrictive on these things? I've seen people outright insult people at Wizards on other Magic forums at all without getting in any trouble.

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    This really isn't something you have to worry about. There's been plenty of criticism, some of it very harsh, towards some employees without anyone batting an eye.

In fact, why worry about this anyway? Are other forums more restrictive on these things? I've seen people outright insult people at Wizards on other Magic forums at all without getting in any trouble.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been 3 week suspended at another forum for daring to criticize certain WotC employees and dropping some mild insults. They have it out for me unfortunately. I was hoping this won't be the echo chamber here as it was there. Rules there are downright draconian there. Refreshing that I won't have to watch my tongue as much here. Again, I'm not going on vulgar tirades, just due criticisms hopefully without too much name calling if the need arises. Seems more mature here as well. I just wanted to get a feel for the community, I don't want to pee in the Cheerios.

Oh and I like the good grammar clause in the forum rules as well.
    Playing since 1994

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Thee are no rules against it. Ideally you'd do it in a way that's constructively critical. Say what you don't like and provide suggestions about ways you think they can improve. I seriously doubt WotC would ever see it, but it would at least provide a starting point for discussion.

Thread Information