Thread: Monogreen decks

Hybrid View

Monogreen decks

Are there any viable monogreen decks in legacy? And by monogreen I mean no dedicated means to produce other colors of mana, so no Bayou and similar crap. Things that are allowable are:
    - Artifacts
    - Leylines
    - Rainbow lands like Cavern of souls
    - Phyrexian mana
    - Alternate cast or cheating into play like Faerie Macabre or Griselbrand

Because there are already monocolored decks i other colors, like
    1. Blue:
    - Merfolk
    - Omnitell
    - High tide

2. Red:
    - Prison
    - Burn
    - Storm
    - Goblins

3. Black:
    - Pox
    - Devotion

4. White:
    - Death and taxes
    - Soldier stompy

So I would like to see a monogreen too, problem with Elves is that they still black, even with Deathrite shaman banned.

Re: Monogreen decks

Elves and titanpost

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Some people were messing around with Chalice/Loam/Ramunap Excavator, as I recall. It looked/sounded pretty interesting, though I didn't really follow it closely.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Chalice, Trinisphere, GSZ, Wasteland Ranumap and Planeswalkers

And it was pretty good. You sure suffer a lot combo

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I have a Mono Green Stax deck I mess around with. Its fun but I think it's missing something I either have yet to find or is yet to be printed.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Certain versions of Sylvan Plug can be mono-green. Usually they are BG (Decay/Deluge/sideboard stuff) or splash white for Knight. There are some fringe decks, like mono-G enchantress or oddballs like NO-Eureka.

I have a Mono Green Stax deck I mess around with. Its fun but I think it's missing something I either have yet to find or is yet to be printed.
    I really wanted to jam Tireless Tracker into a version of Braids Stax since it sort of operates like a more powerful Ophiomancer. Don't think I could ever come up with a version with a stable-looking manabase.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Also, Berserk Stompy used to be a thing before infect became the go-to Berserk deck.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I really wanted to jam Tireless Tracker into a version of Braids Stax since it sort of operates like a more powerful Ophiomancer. Don't think I could ever come up with a version with a stable-looking manabase.
    The mana is the reason I have not splashed Black, which I agree is the best option. If GSZ could grab non Green creatures that would make for a much stronger deck. Then able to grab Braids and a Green/Black Braids I think would make the deck actually useful.

Tracker is queen in the deck. Making all those clues and also giving you something most Stax decks don't have, a draw engine that fits seamlessly into the deck. Something not forced into the shell. While the clues going to a Stax is really handy, I actually think the real power is the draw effect once your mana is settled. The issue is you have a hard time setting up if someone picks apart your board.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Some people were messing around with Chalice/Loam/Ramunap Excavator, as I recall. It looked/sounded pretty interesting, though I didn't really follow it closely.
    It all depends on how good Choke is positioned in the metagame. This deck popped up in the middle of the Miracles domination period.

EDIT: This is what I remember, but it had a black splash.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ht=sylvan+plug
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information