Thread: Pack crackers?

Jul 2018
    Midwest

Pack crackers?

I know this is a Legacy format forum, but I'm curious if there are any booster pack crackers here. I know its like throwing money away at times but it is something that I can bond with my son as we open some loose packs and just play some jank cards for fun. Reminds me a lot of how I first started playing in '94 buying Revised. Sometimes its just fun to play casual. So any of you out there on the site?
    Playing since 1994

Format of play: Modern & Pauper

Nov 2016
    Asheville, NC

Re: Pack crackers?

I'll do packs on those occasions where I feel like playing the lottery so to speak.
    Even if I don't get the cards I'm immediately after, I'm eventually able to flip most of the crap I pick up from them in order to get the things I actually want.
    So I guess it sort of pays off in the long term.

I've won a lot of product from playing in random tournaments the past few years - often the pay out in store credit, and I basically have every single I would ever want or need to play my Modern and Legacy decks, so I just pick up booster boxes for fun.

About a year ago I did actually buy a Homelands booster box and and an Ice Age booster box online for nostalgia's sake (these were the sets I loved as a kid) and cracked them both.

I always wanted a Legends booster box when I was a kid and I still would like to open one up and crack those packs, but at this point they are prohibitively expensive and rare and I probably won't ever get a chance to realize that dream.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I've won a lot of product from playing in random tournaments the past few years - often the pay out in store credit, and I basically have every single I would ever want or need to play my Modern and Legacy decks, so I just pick up booster boxes for fun.

About a year ago I did actually buy a Homelands booster box and and an Ice Age booster box online for nostalgia's sake (these were the sets I loved as a kid) and cracked them both.

I always wanted a Legends booster box when I was a kid and I still would like to open one up and crack those packs, but at this point they are prohibitively expensive and rare and I probably won't ever get a chance to realize that dream.
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Get that $300 booster pack so you can at least crack a single pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Get that $300 booster pack so you can at least crack a single pack.
    Well I did crack 3 Legends packs back when I was a 12 year old and they cost $30 a pack. So I at least *have* that experience, but I always wanted to just open a whole box, because it just feels so luxurious. But it's definitely not worth $10,000+ at this point.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachinePrime View Post
    I know this is a Legacy format forum, but I'm curious if there are any booster pack crackers here. I know its like throwing money away at times but it is something that I can bond with my son as we open some loose packs and just play some jank cards for fun. Reminds me a lot of how I first started playing in '94 buying Revised. Sometimes its just fun to play casual. So any of you out there on the site?
    Ive been planing to crack semi-interesting boosters with my son when he comes of age. For that specific reason. I play casual old school with him now because i wanted him to be introduced to the game with the same game-play that i was. He has already taken interest in legacy though.

Thread Information