Thread: [Primer] UB Death's Shadow

Threaded View

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: [Primer] UB Death's Shadow

Interesting, I'm debating a green splash for some tech and Painful Truths seems good out of the board, I don't have any copies of Infernal Contract.

I played in a 5 round 1k yesterday, went 2-3. Wins were against blue Maverick and Punishing Maverick. Losses were to 4c Pile, Bant Miracles, and Burn. I think I need a 2nd Lily Last Hope, that card is bananas.

EDIT: This is what I'm going to play for a little while, test the waters. I think Hymn to Tourach should have been in the 75, and for now it's in the maindeck. I cut down to 1 Reanimate (it was 'meh') and because the emphasis on reanimating Street Wraith is lower I'm cutting to 3 Wraiths. I think this is fine considering I'm on 4 Watery Grave and 0 Underground Sea.

4x Death’s Shadow
    4x Delver of Secrets
    3x Street Wraith
    2x Gurmag Angler
    1x Brazen Borrower
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Force of Will
    2x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Spell Snare
    4x Daze
    2x Dismember
    2x Fatal Push
    4x Thoughtseize
    1x Reanimate
    4x Polluted Delta
    3x Misty Rainforest
    1x Marsh Flats
    4x Watery Grave
    1x Island
    1x Swamp
    4x Wasteland

Sideboard
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    2x Bitterblossom
    1x Diabolic Edict
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    1x Liliana, the Last Hope
    2x Plague Engineer
    1x Brazen Borrower
    1x Blue Elemental Blast
    1x Narset, Parter of Veils
    1x Force of Negation

I don't like playing Infernal Contract with basic lands, I don't think the BBB will ever be reasonably hit. I'm going to try Narset in those slots as a way to gain card advantage against the Pile/Miracles lists. Once I get a 2nd Liliana Last Hope I think that will replace the Narset. I'm also curious about the 4 Gargoyle plan over Delver...it's slower to get started, but a little easier to turn on as an aggressive threat. It makes Stubborn Denial a better counterspell, for sure.
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 02-10-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information