Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    This looks interesting... but ghost quarter? On the off-chance you were thinking it, it doesn't actually work with ashiok, 'cuz ashiok specifically says effects that opponents control can't cause them to search, and you control the ghost quarter.

Also, tombstalker seems to be a non-bo with the rest of the deck. And no faerie macabre? it exiles opposing creatures in their grave, and lets you recycle them over and over. It's probably a good idea not to rely too much on ashiok for all graveyard exiling effects.
    Thx, yes I've learned gq doesn't work .

TS works well with Ashiok actually, you just choose your non creature cards to delve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

I used to play oath of ghouls back in the early days of legacy and scored some nice tournament wins. The most prominent being the nationals (sweden). I am quite happy to see people still tinkering with this really awesome enchantment :). I used BR opting for control with instant critters via Aether vial. Chittering rats and sting scourger were key to softlock the cards they drew/played and feed them to cabal therapy. I also used greater gargadon to sacrifice whatever I wanted back, which also served as a 2ndary win. Hardlock was magus of the moon.I even played around with a toolbox variant featuring a playset of imperial recruiter. I’ve been out of the loop for a few years but with mtg arena I’ve been returning there and Priest of the forgotten gods and plaguecrafter look like nice powerful Cards for this Deck. Anyway, happy to read this thread and hope I’ve might added some food for thought.
    A

Dec 2010
    Prague

Great impulse Schorchrd 29!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information