Inspired by the new hotness of Vintage, I decided to try to port it over to Legacy as best as possible. The deck I'm talking about can be found here.

At first I tried to make Fauna Shaman work, but being a creature and having to tap made it unplayable in the shell I was looking for. So I ditched the Shamans and went full on with Hollow One and Vengevine. Here's where I'm at right now:

Creatures
1 Anger
4 Basking Rootwalla
3 Birds of Paradise
4 Hollow One
2 Hooting Mandrills
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Squee, Goblin Nabob
4 Vengevine
1 Wonder

Enchantment
2 Sylvan Library

Instant
2 Izzet Charm
3 Punishing Fire

Sorcery
4 Careful Study
4 Faithless Looting

Planeswalker
2 Dack Fayden

Land
3 Grove of the Burnwillows
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Taiga
3 Tropical Island
3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard
3 Faerie Macabre
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Echoing Truth
3 Flusterstorm
1 Krosan Grip
2 Lightning Bolt
2 Pyroblast

In testing so far, the deck has been performing well enough. It can sometimes prove to be a little inconsistent, but not as badly as I first expected without proper blue cantrips. Graveyard hate has not been that big of an issue either, as with all of the dorks just hardcasting threats is completely realistic.

Cards I have tried and did not like: Street Wraith, Fauna Shaman, Nimble Mongoose, Search for Azcanta, Wasteland, Llanowar Mentor, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy. I have yet to try Memnite and Ornithopter, but I am skeptical they will do much good.

Maybe I just suck at Magic, but as far as I can tell, this deck cannot currently beat Turbo Depths or UB Death's Shadow. Perhaps some sideboard rearrangement is in order.

In any case, thanks for reading this far, and please let me know what you think about this deck and how to improve it. Triggering Vengevine is a riot, and an experience everyone should have.