Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unplayable Chunderbucket Pile (but with chalice)

Re: Unplayable Chunderbucket Pile (but with chalice)

Last edited by kinda; 03-11-2020 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

Is playing 15 maindeck Pipers better than just running some Questing Beast as an alternate win (with 10-12 Piper effects)?

Also what's the point of this 10-mana weenie that doesn't fly or have lifelink?

You may want to reconsider Choke when 60% of your colored lands are Islands...
    You: Tap Forest and Tomb to play Choke, with Tropical Island untapped.
    Opponent: Daze, returning tapped Volcanic Island
    What do you even do here? Is it even worth paying for Daze?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Is playing 15 maindeck Pipers better than just running some Questing Beast as an alternate win (with 10-12 Piper effects)?

Also what's the point of this 10-mana weenie that doesn't fly or have lifelink?

You may want to reconsider Choke when 60% of your colored lands are Islands...
    You: Tap Forest and Tomb to play Choke, with Tropical Island untapped.
    Opponent: Daze, returning tapped Volcanic Island
    What do you even do here? Is it even worth paying for Daze?
    I'm sold on snt in here but the pipers tend to die when I've played this...but when they don't u win. I think the redundancy is worth it. But I'm definitely not sold on snt. I considered oko. Questing is possible too or gsz or shifting.

It's blue for chalice lol.

Good point on choke...ill cut it.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

so this just bad sneak&breach?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomalous__ View Post
    so this just bad sneak&breach?
    It's very different to sneak and skill. The goal is to get a turn one lock piece or threat protected by a revealed chancellor. Then you run the suite of reusable one-sided show and tells to dump your fatties into play.

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

Once Upon a Time and Griselbrand seem good here.

One of the biggest weakness of Chalice decks is variance due to lack of card draw/card selection. Since both your enablers and threats are creatures (unlike in EurekaTell), OUAT seems strong here. Griselbrand just because... cheating anything else out feels ike you're not cheating enough

//Mana: 22
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Prismatic Vista
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Snow-Covered Island

//Fair Creatures: 12
    4 Griselbrand
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    4 Chancellor of the Tangle

//Elvish Pipers: 10
    4 Arcane Artisan
    4 Champion of Rhonas
    2 Eureka

//Fair Permanents: 10
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    2 Sylvan Library

//Other Spells: 6
    3 Once Upon a Time
    3 Living Wish

//Sideboard: 15
    3 Defense Grid
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    1 Living Wish
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Elvish Piper
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Ashen Rider
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas

Ewlandon on twitch played this deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzc_xkor1g .

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Ewlandon on twitch played this deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzc_xkor1g .
    I agree with his commentary... I don't get the Jin-Gitaxias. Griselbrand seems amazing in this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I agree with his commentary... I don't get the Jin-Gitaxias. Griselbrand seems amazing in this deck.
    Agreed, think two md grizzly plus one in the SB is needed.

Winter Maze

ThrabenU went 4-1! GU version with Griselbrand this time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNwXgbZjEdg . Jerry Mee was the round 2 opponent and he posted a picture in the Leaving a Legacy fb group after Phil got a turn 1 3sphere protected by chancellor, pretty funny.

Winter Maze

Thread Information