4 Surgical Extraction
    2 Dread of Night
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Massacre
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Marsh Casualties
    1 Darkblast

I am curious why this is not a viable alternative to UB Death's Shadow. Between discard, Abrupt Decay and Assasin's Trophy, the deck has ample ways to interact with opponents while being able to win through sheer card advantage and the beefier threat that is Goyf or a Berserked Shadow.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 10-13-2018 at 02:35 AM.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: GB Death's Shadow

Can't beat Snapcaster Mage. No version of Shadow has ever been that successful vs Tundra, but they pick up win % vs combo-oriented decks by mixing in discard, mana denial, and countermagic.

Your GB version falls firmly within the family of "Jammy Jams" [i.e. not tempo]. Most decks like this are bad versions of Grixis SCM/Kcomm/Hymn + Strix; which also happen to lose to said Grixis shell.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's the classic Deadguy ale is fringe, add brainstorms and forces and now you have tier 1 deck. Brainstorm is so far and away the best card in the format it's dumb to not play it. That said I like the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Can't beat Snapcaster Mage. No version of Shadow has ever been that successful vs Tundra, but they pick up win % vs combo-oriented decks by mixing in discard, mana denial, and countermagic.

Your GB version falls firmly within the family of "Jammy Jams" [i.e. not tempo]. Most decks like this are bad versions of Grixis SCM/Kcomm/Hymn + Strix; which also happen to lose to said Grixis shell.
    I see what you’re saying. These decks needs FoW and Daze to best combo consistently. Without that win percentage, the GB variants will never put up those kinds of numbers. That actually makes sense.

Thread Information