Thread: Quinnless

Quinnless

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Re: Quinnless

Aren't 6 GY-exile effects a bit much? I would play 4 Leylines and keep it at that. You can always hardcast them later. I would also include more duallands (either Shrine of Scrulands, depending on your budget) because 1 isn't much. Maybe some Hymns? Instead of the Collective Brutality? Life gaining isn't that important, you have enough removal with Swords and Bridge and Hymn is better at discarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaapje View Post
    Aren't 6 GY-exile effects a bit much? I would play 4 Leylines and keep it at that. You can always hardcast them later. I would also include more duallands (either Shrine of Scrulands, depending on your budget) because 1 isn't much. Maybe some Hymns? Instead of the Collective Brutality? Life gaining isn't that important, you have enough removal with Swords and Bridge and Hymn is better at discarding.
    Cutting 1 rip is OK but I want at least one as an etutor target. The BB is tough in my build but with a better manabase yeah seems OK. Brutality is a hugely underrated card imo though in non blue midrange.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Winter Maze

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Reminds me of the black splash parfait I ran for a bit. So with that in mind I would suggest blind obedience as it slows down decks and provides a win condition that’s also useful outside of endgames.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Reminds me of the black splash parfait I ran for a bit. So with that in mind I would suggest blind obedience as it slows down decks and provides a win condition that’s also useful outside of endgames.
    Good shout.

Went 0-2 drop like a champ. Lost a G1 vs buried phoenixes where I had turn 0 leyline.

Winter Maze

Interesting. I have a black/white Helm deck built too. Instead of a token theme, it's planeswalkers. Too bad Leyline of the Meek is too janky.

Atm it's 3 Liliana, the Last Hope, 2 Liliana of the Veil, 1 Karn Scion of Urza, 1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin and 1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.

Did a couple of top 8 at my local. Will be trying the new Kaya when she's out. I like at least 1 Rest in Peace main. I run 2 atm. Lol, you can't always get Leyline in your opener so to have a cheaper option to get is nice.

For your list, I'd suggest either phyrexian arena or Dark Confidant. I run Bob in my list and even though I run the high risk of hitting a 4, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Interesting. I have a black/white Helm deck built too. Instead of a token theme, it's planeswalkers. Too bad Leyline of the Meek is too janky.

Atm it's 3 Liliana, the Last Hope, 2 Liliana of the Veil, 1 Karn Scion of Urza, 1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin and 1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.

Did a couple of top 8 at my local. Will be trying the new Kaya when she's out. I like at least 1 Rest in Peace main. I run 2 atm. Lol, you can't always get Leyline in your opener so to have a cheaper option to get is nice.

For your list, I'd suggest either phyrexian arena or Dark Confidant. I run Bob in my list and even though I run the high risk of hitting a 4, it's worth it.
    List?

Winter Maze

http://magic.facetofacegames.com/sho...cap-legacy-13/

List is on there.
    Going to add another Chrome Mox and an Ancient Tomb to the list. And adding an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Taking out the wastelands and the Concealed Courtyard.

And when new Kaya comes out, I'll be adding 2 and taking out the old Kaya and the Gideon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    http://magic.facetofacegames.com/sho...cap-legacy-13/

List is on there.
    Going to add another Chrome Mox and an Ancient Tomb to the list. And adding an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Taking out the wastelands and the Concealed Courtyard.

And when new Kaya comes out, I'll be adding 2 and taking out the old Kaya and the Gideon.
    Very cool deck, congrats on the finish.

Winter Maze

Thread Information