Ashiok, Dream Render only stops search effects controlled by the opponent, not ones controlled by you. Scheming Symmetry and Ghost Quarter still turn on Trap.

Ashiok only stops the "natural" traps, when they fetch or tutor. In my playtesting people play around Archive Trap (e.g. don't crack their fetchlands, or wait and crack them the same turn you use GQ/Scheming, or wait and crack multiple fetches all in one turn). They can afford to play slow since I have very little clock without Archive Trap. Most Trapping happens when I turn it on, not when they turn it on, so Ashiok doesn't change much. If they are forced to crack a fetch, it's usually turns 1 and 2 before Ashiok would land.

Archive Trap is still the most explosive tool and worth building around. But because they can play around it, I need alternate angles of attack. Ashiok helps with that. It's a single card that can take out a lot of library, disrupts the opponent, distracts attackers, and acts as MD gravehate. Its biggest drawback is shutting down Visions, but that beats losing the game to graveyard threats.