Thread: Isareth the Awakener

Isareth the Awakener

From gatherer:
    Isareth’s triggered ability goes on the stack without a target. While that ability is resolving, you may pay Variable Colorless. When you do, a second ability triggers and you pick a target creature card to return. This is different from abilities that say “If you do . . .” in that players may cast spells and activate abilities after mana is paid and the target creature card is chosen, but before that card is returned.

Isareth the Awakener

Can someone tell me if this sequencing is correct, really looking to make sure i get my triggers/priority passes down right:
    -Isareteh is declared as an attacker (and becomes tapped)
    -Triggered ability goes onto the stack "when ~ attacks, you may pay X..."
    -pass priority to opp
    -opp passes back to me
    -Ability resolves, I now pay X.
    -This goes on the stack, and I choose a target at this point. ("When you do...")
    -pass priority to opp
    -opp passes back to me
    -ability resolves, target creature returns to play, and turn proceeds as normal.

Is this sequence correct on when i pay, choose targets, and all that? I just want to make sure i'm not giving info too early or choosing to pay too late to miss my window.

Bonus question, if Isareth is removed from play while the first ability is on the stack, does the second still happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: Isareth the Awakener

Looks fine and ability should still resolve if hes dead.
    -rob

Thread Information