Over the last weeks/months, i noticed that many threads here are becoming almost dead because everyone seems to be posting on discord.
While i recognize the appeal of being able to talk directly with people and receive immediate answers, i think this is a very very bad change. Discord cannot replace a forum in any way, because a forum is basically a huge collection of informations and knowledge that is available to everyone.
Years ago, when i first picked up some decks i still play (goblins, elves, painter) i went to the threads and read hundreds of pages before actually starting to play. This may seem a waste of time, but really it was a source of knowledge that cannot be substituted in any way, since i learnt about weird card choices, gameplay scenarios, sideboarding, etc. from the perspective of a lot of different people.
Now imagine someone wants to start to play legacy in the next years. While the threads here might still be updated, very few people will actually post in them and a lot of knowledge will get wasted. People will go to discord and ask questions, but they'll never be able to get a deep, detailed analysis of a deck like the one provided by years of posting in a forum.
So this is just a rant that maybe doesn't have a reason to exist, but i jut wanted to let you know that i think discord is bullshit compared to this forum