Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Source Secret Santa 2018

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: The Source Secret Santa 2018

Got my loot today! Woah, super appreciative, this was incredible! Some cool unglued, a couple sweet foil tokens (that angel will upgrade my Geists quite nicely.) Big thanks! Now i'd like to know who it is! No mention of user name in the package.

EDIT: Sorry for the poor picture quality. That's an italian SoFI and a set of Chinese (?) Daze.

Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nimble Mongoose
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Got my loot today! Woah, super appreciative, this was incredible! Some cool unglued, a couple sweet foil tokens (that angel will upgrade my Geists quite nicely.) Big thanks! Now i'd like to know who it is! No mention of user name in the package.

EDIT: Sorry for the poor picture quality. That's an italian SoFI and a set of Chinese (?) Daze.
    That was me

Looks like you enjoyed the package, really hoped so!
    Daze are indeed chinese!

Merry Xmas

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Merry Christmas, fellow Sourcers!
    This year's bragging has been awesome! Can't wait to see the remaining half, and let's do it at our earliest convenience!
    For anyone who has not received, please let me know.
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Merry Christmas indeed! The packages spoiled so far have looked great and I'm very much looking forward to opening mine. I'm currently away for the holidays so it might have arrived already. I'll let you know once I'm back in the weekend.

As far as I'm aware the package I've sent hasn't arrived yet and for some dumb reason my tracking code isn't showing on the postal service's website. With the holidays upon us there's no reaching them. I'll try to get a hold of them Friday again to get the status of the package if my 'victim' hasn't confirmed before then yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
    That was me

Looks like you enjoyed the package, really hoped so!
    Daze are indeed chinese!

Merry Xmas
    Loved it! I was ecstatic just getting to Bitterblossom, SoFI put me over the moon! Kind sir, i hope your karma follows you wherever you go.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post

thanks matteo! now i'll have to figure out how to beat you with these. ideally all in one deck just because.
    Ahah yes please.

Santa delivered some reeeeally good stuff but I won't be home until the 2nd of January. Pictures and bragging coming up!
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Holy crap UseLess I am speechless. Just absolutely floored. Once I have access to some photo editing to turn these pictures down to a less silly size you can bet I'll brag the heck out of these. But in the meantime I can say I was gifted with
    1. Penmanship
    2. Food! oh god it smells so good
    3. a wonderful selection of Mountains
    4. Penmanship, like for real

If you ever wander into New Jersey there's all the Heineken you can drink

Seriously, perfect in every way.
    Merry Christmas and an epic New Year!

oh god I'm going to get so fat

EDIT FOR PICTURES!
    So my wishlist was for local delicacies of food and liquor. Customs and whatnot being what they are liquor was right out. But food! Oh man what a gift
    Also my wife just finished a Burn deck so obviously we need super cool Mountains to put in, and UseLess did not disappoint!

it tastes as good as it smells, which is also good. Just good, everything is good

Some festive alters with tasteful black boarder alters because obviously it goes without saying. UseLess gets it.

Thank you again so much!
    Last edited by PirateKing; 12-27-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Great to hear you liked it! It's a 'shame' (for you, not for me :p) that the third piece of speculaas didn't fit in the box, now I had to eat it myself, haha. And you forgot to mention you also got a nice replacement for your wife in case you kick her out when you've been burned to death one too many times. Admiral Beckett will never be mean to you!

I also came home today and had a very nice package from our gracious host waiting. Tsabo_tavoc actually drafted my cube a few times and gave me some cards to spice up my enchantment theme. On top of that some other nice cards (Bloodghast, Toxic Deluge, playset of Fatal Pushes and an altered Goblin Cratermaker) that I wanted for my cube/decks so that they don't need my cube cards :p. As you can see tsabo, your cards already made it in. I'm hosting a cube in a few weeks again for my friends and I'm looking forward to hear how they liked your cards! Pictures are coming later, now too tired after a full day driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Admiral Beckett will never be mean to you!
    Had to google it to know she is a MtG card. Where is the picture, PirateKing?
    Which edition is the Rebecca Guay Mountain from?

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    I also came home today and had a very nice package from our gracious host waiting. Tsabo_tavoc actually drafted my cube a few times and gave me some cards to spice up my enchantment theme. On top of that some other nice cards (Bloodghast, Toxic Deluge, playset of Fatal Pushes and an altered Goblin Cratermaker) that I wanted for my cube/decks so that they don't need my cube cards :p. As you can see tsabo, your cards already made it in. I'm hosting a cube in a few weeks again for my friends and I'm looking forward to hear how they liked your cards! Pictures are coming later, now too tired after a full day driving.
    Happy you like the new cards and adapt 4 of them to your well-thought cube! Great to know you run the cube in real life. How do you normally draft it, and how can I set the parameters at cube tutor to simulate your draft?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc View Post
    Had to google it to know she is a MtG card. Where is the picture, PirateKing?
    Which edition is the Rebecca Guay Mountain from?
    She's someplace... safe. But no, she was with the rest of the hard cases which were out of frame when I snapped the pics.
    The Rebecca Guay Mountain is the APAC for Taiwan, out of the blue APAC booster.

The last 3 mountains there are all the APAC mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

My turn to brag! I actually received the package a couple weeks ago, but with the holidays hadn't had time to type it up!

mistercakes sent me a bangin' Secret Santa package, with some sweet flavor from across the pond!

Here's the album on imgur, with commentary! (can't seem to get the pics to show up here).

Mistercakes, thank you so much for taking the time to put this together! I got a huge kick out of opening it, and I can really tell you checked out my posts/put it together with care! If you're ever this side of the Atlantic, let me know, and we can get beers on me!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

thanks for the post! much appreciated.
    -rob

May 2011
    Canada

Sorry for late post; received my package on time just did not have a chance to post it.

Tokens are super sweet; thanks Ronco.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Wow, gorgeous Are you an artist, ronco?

Edit: Happy 2019, everyone!
    Remember to post your picture for bragging!

Wow, gorgeous Are you an artist, ronco?

Edit: Happy 2019, everyone!
    Remember to post your picture for bragging!
    I wish!
    I took the easier/professional way out and made them through makeplayingcards.com. I had been wanting to make zombie tokens with scathe zombies art (A/B/U/R) and figured this would be a good opportunity to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

It's bragging time!

Dan Pyre, you're da man. I am so stoked for what I got. Less words, more pictures:

A great Deckbox and a pack of sleeves (conveniently, those are the ones I use since forever):

https://i.imgur.com/a/5i0Jy1d.jpg?1

The reason why Legacy is great (yes, MM > Ice Age):

https://imgur.com/a/G7nvdnr

A UMA booster, containing...

https://imgur.com/a/9pXAfYQ

Sick playset, accompanied by a note: "Greetings Matteo! I hope that this particular playset of signed cards finds you well. They've traveled from near one coast of the USA to annother, in fact. I asked the artist, Adam Rex, if he could do the signatures for me and he graciously accepted. I shipped them from Ohio to Arizona and then back again - and now they're in your hands! Use them to annihilate your Dredge and Reanimator enemies with aplomb!" Will surely do

https://imgur.com/a/Xux5nnt

Many many many thanks again!
    TEAM MtG Berlin

So dismissive.
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    It's bragging time!

Dan Pyre, you're da man. I am so stoked for what I got.
    Bravo, that is a great package, very well altered Brainstorm!
    A nice pull from the booster, what are the rests, especially the foil?

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Bravo, that is a great package, very well altered Brainstorm!
    A nice pull from the booster, what are the rests, especially the foil?
    Fire//Ice, Kitchen Finks, foil Shed Weakness. Basking Rootwalla as best beater.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

So dismissive.

Feb 2006
    Boston

Agreed that MM is > Ice Age, and that is an awesome Secret Santa-themed Brainstorm - "while visions of sugar plums danced in their heads"...

That alter is bananas!

Also, sick rip from the UMA pack for sure

Thread Information