Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Source Secret Santa 2018

Nimble Mongoose
    Mar 2009

Re: The Source Secret Santa 2018

It's bragging time!
    Got this sweeeeeet package last week, had troubles with custom duties but who the hell cares in the end.
    Got everything off my wishlist and already put them at good use: those pyromancers took me twice to a "win and in" in a 139 and a 263 players events this weekend.
    Unfortunately lost both (sad life...) but closing at a decent 12-4-1 Already in love with them!
    Fun fact: sent out a foil spirit token from Unstable and got one back

Finally my TSS mongoose playset is complete, really happy about the accomplishment

Thanks Santa and TSS

Feb 2015
    Italy

Awesome Mongeese!!! ❤️

I think mine (that I sent) was delivered today. Hoping the recipient enjoys and I hit the mark!

Also, fun package! The 'goose is loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    Unless if you're sending a single card that's very close to the whole budget, you could also consider sending several smaller packages. (or one package, and some other envelops with the other cards.)
    That's a great idea! Would it still work for multiple packages sent on the same day?
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
    It's bragging time!
    Got this sweeeeeet package last week, had troubles with custom duties but who the hell cares in the end.
    Got everything off my wishlist and already put them at good use: those pyromancers took me twice to a "win and in" in a 139 and a 263 players events this weekend.
    Unfortunately lost both (sad life...) but closing at a decent 12-4-1 Already in love with them!
    Fun fact: sent out a foil spirit token from Unstable and got one back

Finally my TSS mongoose playset is complete, really happy about the accomplishment

Thanks Santa and TSS

Nice start of bragging time! Congrats on the good records, and next time your will get there!
    That's a sweet Mongoose (or Cobra)!!! Am I the only one concerning about Mongoose's casting cost is turning blue

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I forgot to mention it here, but my package has been shipped on Saturday to a place far away. I hope the recipient will enjoy it a lot, it was for sure fun to assemble!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Mine was sent out with a tracking number in case anything goes amok, scheduled for delivery this Friday. Merry Christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

We have all sent out our packages, proud of our community
    Let me remind us that bragging is an obligation this year, and let's follow spartan117.

Finally got around to bragging - my gift came in today!!!! Going Aggro - MY MAN!!! Look at some of these hotties! And a FACTION PACK from Mirrodin Besieged coming fully equipped with Mirran Crusader? Be still my beating heart!

Now I'll finally be able to build Pox and spread some misery cheer this coming year. These Sinkholes are sooo cool! And thanks for the fetchland, those are always in demand :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT: For reference, my tl;dr wishlist was "Mother of Runes for DGA, Bonus Rounds for Mono Red Storm and a 'Pox starter kit.' I also love foils." Thanks again to going Aggro, you really did swell :)

Last edited by Dan Pyre; 12-19-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I can appreciate some mono red storm love.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

thanks matteo! now i'll have to figure out how to beat you with these. ideally all in one deck just because.
    -rob

Brag time!
    taconaut delivered huge! I was super stoked not only in what was delivered but that it felt very personalized with a pretty generic wishlist (being my first time doing this I certainly didn't make it easy on him). His combing through my posts was much appreciated - (taco - I have managed to acquire at least one functional copy of every PW now).

Forgot to get the golgari dice in the picture, but here it is in it's glory. And in case anyone was wondering, these are my first (and second and third....) un-lands. I'm pumped to sleves these toys up. And yes, the treasures are shiny! Thank you very much santa!
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011
    Middle of Somewhere, Nowhere.

Just wanted to let my Santa know that I've received my gift. I'm old fashioned and like to wait until the day of Christmas to open - So I'll get my brag post up then - But until then, thank you so much, I'm super excited!
    "The last top 8 slot went to the winner of that Death and Taxes mirror, or as I like to call it, the White Supremacy Mirror.
    "Swiggety Swagtusk, Here comes the Thragtusk!"

In response to "What's the best replacement for Force of Will?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn
    Modern

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

As people are asking for the ways to link pictures to brag, here is a summary on the 4 examples on this page:
    2 use imgur.com, 1 uses ibb.co, and 1 uses fbcdn.net (facebook?).
    To make the html format correct, I suggest 'Reply With Quote' a post with embedded pictures, then copy paste the format and replace with your link.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Cool, thanks
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Yep, I was the facebook one. I just upload a picture to a private photo album, then copy the image source which gives that long link. I don't have an imgur/ibb account and don't feel like signing up so that's usually how i do things.

Sweet Xmas package came in! Thank you very much, I got some great stuff I'm excited about!

Keeping the names off for privacy.

Edit-struggling with the pics. Edit in a minute. I'll get it.

Aha! That should do it.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Resized the image:
    Quote Originally Posted by compacta_d View Post
    Edit: Feel free to disclose your Secret Santa during bragging, as it is the convention here

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

That was me! Glad you liked it.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I didn't want to do full name and screen name for privacy.

It was totes Mr. safety! Thanks for everything! I'm glad it was you after seeing you around the same decks I like. We have so much in common! Haha

Thanks for the pic help as well.

Thread Information