Thread: [Podcast] Lone Star Legacy: Eternal Weekend 2018 Recap

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

[Podcast] Lone Star Legacy: Eternal Weekend 2018 Recap

Welcome back for a two-part episode of Lone Star Legacy!

- Part One: Sean, Mike, and Travis recap their experience of Legacy Champs. Sean finished at an impressive 11th place on Infect, while Travis and Mike represented the fairer side of things on DnT and Aggroloam. #MakeFear
    - Part Two: Stu, Ben, and Tim discuss Vintage Champs. If you're interested in Tropical Island Belcher, Thorn effects, and 15 minutes of mouth breathing, this is the cast for you!

I've linked the audio above, but these episodes should be on the common podcast apps shortly.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Re: [Podcast] Lone Star Legacy: Eternal Weekend 2018 Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    15 minutes of mouth breathing
    r/gonewildaudio might be into this
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

LISTENERS: WHEN I SAY FIFTEEN MINUTES OF MOUTHBREATHING, I MEAN YOU MIGHT WANNA FAST FORWARD UNTIL FIFTEEN MINUTES IN, WHEN WE DISCOVER THAT MICS CAN BE MUTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    r/gonewildaudio might be into this
    Good thing my voice is the sonic equivalent of a cold shower.

Enjoyed the cast! A few thoughts I had:

- I'm always surprised at how irritated everyone is by shuffling in Magic. It's a card game, you're gonna need to shuffle? It feels like being angry at dribbling in basketball, or the Final Jeopardy music or something. It's just part of the texture of the game. I also enjoy cantrips though, and I know a lot of people don't, but I think it's a cool element that you can manipulate your deck in some way to adjust your draws. The main argument against it that does convince me though is that fewer shuffles is fewer opportunities to cheat...not sure what can be done about that, though.

- You mentioned something about a lot of the easy decks still having a ton of bad players - well, yeah? Maybe it's because those decks are less demanding, and attract bad players?

- The variance thing is another reason it's boggling to me that people hate cantrips. For my money, Legacy is the best format because we actually have access to real tutors and cantrips - it's the thing that separates us from the barbarism of standard and modern Cantrips let you actually play the game, instead of the topdeck lottery.

- loved the "fortnite skin instead," big fan of that game too

Thread Information