2 Battle at the Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Flusterstorm
    4 Leyline of the Void

Number Card Name
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Toxic Deluge

the only realy problematic MU is grixis Control. I am working on List with the Antiuities War to clean up that Problem. I even want to fit in 1 or 2 Search for Azcanta, but don`t know, what to cut

Re: Karn Aggro

I like the deck name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Lodestone Golem maybe? Also you should probably be running more than one City of Traitors or none at all. Not sure about the singleton Zuran Orb or EE either. You don't have much in the way of search or draw to find them outside of Tezz. Do you actually want FoW maindeck? With stuff like Chalice and a clock you've already got a decent combo matchup, and you'd be pulling the Forces in fair games anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Not sure about the singleton Zuran Orb or EE either. You don't have much in the way of search or draw to find them outside of Tezz.
    3 Trinket Mage

Sep 2011

Adding deck tags:

//Lands:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 City of Traitors
    2 Island
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Vault of Whispers

//Creatures:
    4 Master of Etherium
    3 Trinket Mage
    4 Walking Ballista

//Spells:
    4 Force of Will
    2 Perilous Voyage
    4 Thoughtcast

//Other Permanents:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    2 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
    1 Zuran Orb

//Sideboard:
    2 Battle at the Bridge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Flusterstorm
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Toxic Deluge

What are your most useless SB slots and could some be Antiquities War?

Should Spyglass be Pithing Needle? You don't get to see the hand and it can be awkward with Chalice, but it's tutorable with Trinket Mage.

I thought About a 1 and 1 split between Needle and Spyglasses, but as you mentioned, it could be awkward with cotV and seeing the Hand can be very important. The padeem could be an Antiqueties war and Maybe the fourth Karn might also be an Antiqueties War.

There is only one CoT because you dont want to draw multiples, but one is Pretty good as your second land or to Play CotV on turn one.

I also consider playing the deck mono blue, because mono blue can run 5-6 Islands and darksteel citadel against Lands and other Wasteland decks. The Problem is that mono blue looses the Battle at the Bridge and the Deluges, which are very good Removel spells

Thanks for formatting that FTW, it's a lot more readable now.

A couple things stand out to me:

1. Force of Will. I just don't know if you really want to maindeck that.

2. Underground Sea. Is that really the best land option here? What about Chrome Mox or the Darkslick Shores to avoid Choke? Gemstone Caverns also seems like an option there.

3. Trinket Mage. You're not running a graveyard hate target for it MD or SB. Wouldn't a Tormod's Crypt or that one that cycles be a good addition here?

4. Herald of Anguish. Is that something you've explored or is the BB prohibitive?

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Sai, Master Thopterist might help out with your grixis matchup, it's grindy, goes wide and has card drawing, which all seem like things you'd want against them.

Sai has two Problems against grixis: 1. he is a creature and 2 a big part of my artifacts are lands, so they dont trigger sai

I think the Antiqueties war is the correct anwser and i will test two hangarback Walkers, because they cant trade one for one with it

Double black in prohibitive in this deck, even double blue is and there are less black Sources

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Is Perilous Voyage really better than e.g. Echoing truth or Into the Roil? I see the wish for removal that is also blue but why is this the best.
    Chalice on 1

Quote Originally Posted by hofzge View Post
    Is Perilous Voyage really better than e.g. Echoing truth or Into the Roil? I see the wish for removal that is also blue but why is this the best.
    the scry is really important in this deck, because most of the time it is About drawing land or non land. Ist as simple as that.
    But i am thinking About consign//oblivion, because the possibility of bouncing your own Cards and the Card Advantage in the lategame or in flooding moments

Any news on this build? Im playing Ark4n droids build with 2 claws of gix replacing the 2 urzas baubles and its doing pretty well!

Thread Information