Thread: Bonus round + Hazorets undying fury

Bonus round + Hazorets undying fury

I've played that combination certainly more than 100 times on mtgo, but i wish to know exactly what happens. I know how it starts
    cast HUF, bonus round trigger -> resolves -> copy resolves revealing spells 1-4. They go on the stack at the exact same time, but i get to chose the order. But what about the bonus round triggers of those 4 cards, are they in an determined order or do i get to chose that order as well?
    So the stack is
    HUF original - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and now 4 bonus round triggers go on the stack as well, on mtgo it seems like they go on the reverse order, so the stack is
    HUF original - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 4c - 3c - 2c - 1c
    But that seems really strange to me? 99.9% of the time the order does not matter at all, but i wish to understand what really happens and why.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Bonus round + Hazorets undying fury

So cast Haz -> Trigger. Resolve the copy, casting revealed spells 1-4 in an order of your choosing -> check SBAs -> put 1-4 triggers from Bonus Round on the stack in order of your choice.

Because SBAs aren't checked until the copy of Hazoret's Undying Fury finishes resolving, the game shouldn't really care what order those spells were cast in since it was a simultaneous event [???]. Does mtgo stop you from rearranging the order of these 1-4 bonus round triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Does mtgo stop you from rearranging the order of these 1-4 bonus round triggers?
    Yes, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I never get to chose the order, they all get placed on the stack in the reverse order. But I should be able to rearrange them? Mostly I just want to know how to handle it in paper :)

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Yes, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I never get to chose the order, they all get placed on the stack in the reverse order. But I should be able to rearrange them? Mostly I just want to know how to handle it in paper :)
    The rules are pretty clear:

603.3b If multiple abilities have triggered since the last time a player received priority, each player, in APNAP order, puts triggered abilities they control on the stack in any order they choose. (See rule 101.4.) Then the game once again checks for and resolves state based actions until none are performed, then abilities that triggered during this process go on the stack. This process repeats until no new state based actions are performed and no abilities trigger. Then the appropriate player gets priority.

Thread Information