Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Spark

Re: War of the Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Since it can target itself, it's a 3 mana indestructible 4/4 lifelinker, that every 3 turns from ETB can exile a non-land permanent. I will be trying it along Gideon of the Trials so see if I can make the Oops all Gideon deck work
    Unfortunately....

+1 Up to one other target creature you control gains your choice of Vigilance, Lifelink or indestructible until end of turn

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

While not "strictly" better, Lili's Triumph is the first clear power creep over Diabolic Edict. The fact that it is also a beast in EDH is just icing.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Unfortunately....

+1 Up to one other target creature you control gains your choice of Vigilance, Lifelink or indestructible until end of turn
    Ah. But can you use the plus one without another creature as it's "up to" so it could just be zero?

Ah. But can you use the plus one without another creature as it's "up to" so it could just be zero?
    Yeah, that would work!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Dovin's veto WU

counter target non creature spell.
    ~~ cannot be countered

Playable or not in legacy? :)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Dovin's veto WU

counter target non creature spell.
    ~~ cannot be countered

Playable or not in legacy? :)
    Would you play Negate in Legacy if it couldn't be countered?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Kaya's Ghostform
    B
    Enchant Creature or Planeswalker
    If enchanted thing would die or be exiled, return it to the battlefield.

For one mana, that's really good. Say you want to use a 'walker ability but it'll kill your walker. Cast this, then use the ability, then the walker comes back and you can use it again.

Good card is good, but niche.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Oh my God that's going in Stax. Wow. May my Tangle Wire never die.
    For the cost of effectively one extra mana, it can also pump all your Ballistas (and whatever also has counters on it, like Arcbound Ravager, Hangarback or Steel Overseer). This is pretty damn good.

This one can prevent damage from stuff like Ancient Tomb. Is there a way to abuse this where you can negate repeated self-damage?

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Kaya's Ghostform
    B
    Enchant Creature or Planeswalker
    If enchanted thing would die or be exiled, return it to the battlefield.

For one mana, that's really good. Say you want to use a 'walker ability but it'll kill your walker. Cast this, then use the ability, then the walker comes back and you can use it again.

Good card is good, but niche.
    You have to get around the 2-for-1 problem of auras, in this case only when casting (or tucked), but still.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Karn, the Great Creator (4)
    Artifact abilities of artifacts your opponents control can't be activated.
    +1 Until your next turn, up to one target noncreature artifact become an artifact with power and toughness equal to the amount of artifacts equal to their converted mana cost
    -2 You may choose an artifact card you own from outside the game or in exile, reveal that card and add it to your hand
    (5)

This seems like a good one card lock . . . You can cast this - use the first ability if you want, then the turn after use its second search up a Mycosynth Lattice in your SB, cast it, and opponent now can't use lands . . . turn after just keep turning the lattice into beats. So with a deck with Sol lands, you can probably cast this turn 2/3 and get the lock turn 4 ish?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Karn, the Great Creator (4)
    Artifact abilities of artifacts your opponents control can't be activated.
    +1 Until your next turn, up to one target noncreature artifact become an artifact with power and toughness equal to the amount of artifacts equal to their converted mana cost
    -2 You may choose an artifact card you own from outside the game or in exile, reveal that card and add it to your hand
    (5)

This seems like a good one card lock . . . You can cast this - use the first ability if you want, then the turn after use its second search up a Mycosynth Lattice in your SB, cast it, and opponent now can't use lands . . . turn after just keep turning the lattice into beats. So with a deck with Sol lands, you can probably cast this turn 2/3 and get the lock turn 4 ish?
    Should be even better in Vintage where you can use Workshops to cast Lattice faster.

For the investment of one SB slot, this is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    The man that proliferates I feel like can have some potential. Someone said Ballista plus pentad prism. Also can be nasty with storage lands. Everflowing Chalice is nice with it as well as tangle wire in some sort of tezzeret deck maybe. Maybe its more modern possible than legacy.
    I got a kitchen table Thrummingbird, Paralax Tide/Nexus, Tangle Wire deck he will slot nicely into.

Angrath's Wrath OR Wrath of Angrath (it's a translation so...)
    RB
    Sorcery or Instant
    Choose one:
    Target player sacs an Artifact
    "" a creature
    "" a planeswalker

That seems borderline playable for Grixis.

Extremely surprised that this can be activated at instant speed. Between Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile, this might get there.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post

Extremely surprised that this can be activated at instant speed. Between Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile, this might get there.
    This is a pretty sweet card. I mean I'd like to do something terrible with it like discard rootwallas and find goyfs, but I'm sure there's actually good applications for this. Also resolving against control #seemsgood
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    This is a pretty sweet card. I mean I'd like to do something terrible with it like discard rootwallas and find goyfs, but I'm sure there's actually good applications for this
    Myr Superion?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Myr Superion?
    Not terrible. Also it turns any card into a creature which is sick. Top deck a land, turn it into a creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Should be even better in Vintage where you can use Workshops to cast Lattice faster.

For the investment of one SB slot, this is a steal.
    I think Vintage would love it just for the onesided Null Rod, but it's just really interesting for legacy as it can shut down the game relatively early all by itself. Lion's eye diamonds also help a lot. For example Karn + Sol Land + Land + Lion's Eye Diamond + Land = Turn 4 lock and that looks like minamal effor and doesn't stirke me as a god hand. Really just a "2 card Combo" in that form. Plus other accel and a Chalice Shell, it seems pretty scary already.

Karn is just the single most busted 'walker I've ever seen (in Vintage). He's a win condition, a lock piece, AND a repeatable source of CA, all in one card. It's crazy.

T1, you drop Karn, your opponent is on storm, you search for 3 sphere or Sphere of Resistance or something. Now they have to respond with no artifact mana available.
    Vs. Dredge? You grab some GY hate like Relic or Crypt or whatever, maybe Cage? Or needle or Spyglass or Tsabo's Web to shut down Bazaar. Vs. Shops? Damphing Sphere or something.

Like, he's just cray cray in that format. In Legacy he's very good in a specific shell, and in Modern he's sort of ok? In standard, probably not that great. But in Vintage? Man, that's like T1 3sphere level beatings.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Angrath's Wrath OR Wrath of Angrath (it's a translation so...)
    RB
    Sorcery or Instant
    Choose one:
    Target player sacs an Artifact
    "" a creature
    "" a planeswalker

That seems borderline playable for Grixis.
    It's a Sorcery, the card is in Portuguese. Still somewhat playable though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information