Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Spark

Re: War of the Spark

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    It's interesting to note that Finale of Promise can fork's its targets again if you spend X is 10. Not sure if that is practically going to be relevant very much but if you can ramp this much mana, then it might in some extreme corner cases?
    Double fork right? It adds 2 copies so 3 total?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

New Ugin confirmed real

6 mana 4 loyalty

Colourless spell you cast cost 2 less to cast

+1: create a 2/2 spirit. Exile top card of your library face down, you may look at it. When the spirit leaves the battlefield, put the exile card into your hand.
    -3: destroy target permanent thats one or more colours

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Your deck could have a full 4 of these Ugins and all o fhte ways to play it as quickly as possible and it still couldn't do anything to a True Name Nemesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

New Rumor is that Finale of Promise is part of a cycle. Finale of X, using the names from the Hour of X from Ahmonkhet - like Hour of Promise. They all get a big boost at X=10+.

White one is make dudes, Blue one is draw cards, Black one is kill things.

The interesting one is the Green one, which is GSZ for GGX, except it can also reanimate stuff from your yard OR search your library.

These aren't confirmed, but that green one is innnttteerresting.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    These aren't confirmed, but that green one is innnttteerresting.
    Especially since it can fetch creatures of any color, unlike GSZ. X=10+ gives all your creatures haste and +X/+X, just in case somebody asks.

What decks could utilize this best? The extra mana makes quite the difference, even with the additional flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Especially since it can fetch creatures of any color, unlike GSZ. X=10+ gives all your creatures haste and +X/+X, just in case somebody asks.

What decks could utilize this best? The extra mana makes quite the difference, even with the additional flexibility.
    Maverick comes to mind. It always wanted to summon Thalia or other mono-white hatebears, but never could before.

Nic-Fit also works, plenty of late game mana, lots of big threats to summon, or resurrect.

Any kind of Rock deck that wanted a more flexible tutor package than it could get from GSZ. Although I think this deck doesn't exist in Legacy right now.

Maybe some creature based combo deck like Life/CoCo/Breakfast? Hit's all KINDS of sweet spots for those things.

Elves? Just cut Craterhoof and Natural Order and add a village Bell ringer and this. Dunno if that's better, but GSZ or just casting behemoth never seems like a problem so really how much harder is 12 Mana vs 8 or 9. Also allows for different sideboard hate post board which is neat.

For decks like Elves the setup power of having 1-mana GSZ for X = 0 seems like it is worth a lot
    I built a BUG pod deck with just a 1of GSZ as a spellseeker target, so in that deck a GGX Green Sun that can get any colour of creature (and also creatures from the graveyard) seems like it might be an upgrade.

1 Extra mana is a big deal though
    The other colours in the cycle might also be interesting spellseeker targets as I was also considering things for the SB like Black Suns Zenith and the UUX Draw X discard 1

edit:
    Apparently they've all been spoiled (all XCC sorceries)

White: create X 2/2 soldier tokens with vigilance. If X is 10 or more, also make X 4/4 angel tokens.
    Green: search your library and/or graveyard for a creature card with cmc X or less and put it on the battlefield. If X is 10 or more, your creatures gain haste and +X/+X until eot.
    Black: Destroy up to 3 target creatures with toughness X or less. If X is 10 or more, also return all creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    Blue: Draw X. If X is 10 or more, instead shuffle your graveyard into your library, draw X, then untap up to five lands and you have no max handsize for the rest of the game. exile this.

Well the most interesting one is still the green one, because it still does something interesting even if X is less than 10. For blue and black I don't think the base effect is better than Black Sun (not a direct comparison, but at least for what I want it to do) or Pull from Tomorrow, and I don't expect to ever cast them with 'kicker'
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 04-14-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Time Spiral 5-8 now.
    Not bad.

Green one, the best. Considering Tutoring Thalia, Teeg, Dark Confidant or any thinkable hate bear. Grafdigger cage will be always more in SB

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

MonoG post comes to mind or perhaps another variation of post like GW or even Cg post. Ive tested GW post builds with a maveric package, and these new card seems like it could be a perfect for a deck like that.

Mar 2007

Uncounterable EE? This might be going to change the landscape of Legacy quite a bit. TNN is the first thing that comes to mind, because fuck TNN. Other than that, it can blow up Mom + Vial, all kinds of Elves, other mana dorks and Delver right of the bat. Downsides are not being able to blow up cards with X = 0 and requiring a turn extra to blow anything up that isn't X=1. But it can be bought back with CoW/Ramunap/Loam, so there's that.

Mar 2013

Lands can use it to blow 0s. Stage it, blow the copy.

I love this thing.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I love this thing.
    I really really really want this card to be Legacy playable. The strategery behind it looks like a blast.

Should be totally playable, right?

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
    I really really really want this card to be Legacy playable. The strategery behind it looks like a blast.

Should be totally playable, right?
    In Lands, yes. We are all over it. Discussing what we are going to cut.

For others I don't feel I am the person to ask.

Edit:
    It let's us (Lands) handle things we otherwise have issues with main deck. Just a short list off the top of my head:

TNN
    Sofi
    Prelate
    Mum
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Nimble

Oh my God.

New Karn, New Ugin, and an uncounterable board sweeper on a colorless LAND?

Wow, definitely a few new toys for my decks (in Modern AND Legacy) to play with.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Wow engineered explosives as a land, pretty big for lands guys.

Mar 2007

Aside from decks that run Crop Rotation, KotR decks might also benefit from this (although the mana dorks/Mums are going to be collateral damage).

I also like how it helps Sol decks to clean up those dreaded double Delver draws (especially those with counter back-up).

bruizar

Explosion Zone is totally ridiculous. It's funny how it doesn't kill Entreat tokens nor Chalice of the Void. This could well slot into mud as a 4 off taking the slot of wasteland, as wasteland was always a bit of a liability. Death and Taxes takes a serious hit from this card.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Explosion Zone is totally ridiculous. It's funny how it doesn't kill Entreat tokens nor Chalice of the Void. This could well slot into mud as a 4 off taking the slot of wasteland, as wasteland was always a bit of a liability. Death and Taxes takes a serious hit from this card.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Flickerwisp has a way of making everything okay.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thread Information