Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 658

Thread: War of the Spark

  1. #401

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    On second thought, maybe Big Red would like this card?
    My first thought as well. Sneak/Breach 9-12 looks welcome in a deck that lacks cantrips.

  2. #402
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,669

    Re: War of the Spark

    If you put Emrakul into play with the Boar, wouldn't that skip the Annihilator trigger? Because I'm pretty sure it does since both are attack triggers, except Emrakul is already past that point when she's put into play.

    Living Twister is a GSZ-able Seismic Assault (although alot more mana intensive). The body is pretty sturdy to boot. Could this see play in 4C Loam as a GSZ target? I also wonder why they made the tapped land restriction. Even if an untapped land is target of LD, you could always tap it for mana in response and then return it. Maybe I'm missing something like corner cases, but that seems like an unnecessary design hoop you have to jump through.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  3. #403
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,267

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    If you put Emrakul into play with the Boar, wouldn't that skip the Annihilator trigger? Because I'm pretty sure it does since both are attack triggers, except Emrakul is already past that point when she's put into play.
    Yes, no trigger in that case, Annihilator only triggers when the thing is declared an attacker, Boar puts it into play tapped and already attacking.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  4. #404

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I also wonder why they made the tapped land restriction. Even if an untapped land is target of LD, you could always tap it for mana in response and then return it. Maybe I'm missing something like corner cases, but that seems like an unnecessary design hoop you have to jump through.
    Early thoughts are to prevent misclicks on MTGArena - so basically there so you don't accidentally return a land you hadn't used yet.

  5. #405
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,267

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Early thoughts are to prevent misclicks on MTGArena - so basically there so you don't accidentally return a land you hadn't used yet.
    I think considering things in this way is the future of design; more mandatory triggers and other things that will streamline the way the game plays out on Arena.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  6. #406
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,669

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Early thoughts are to prevent misclicks on MTGArena - so basically there so you don't accidentally return a land you hadn't used yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I think considering things in this way is the future of design; more mandatory triggers and other things that will streamline the way the game plays out on Arena.
    So the paper gets bent around the shittiness of Arena's interface.

    As somebody pointed out on Twitter, the Boar combines rather well with Master of Cruelties for a potential instakill.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  7. #407
    Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Hanni's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2006
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    2,620

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    So the paper gets bent around the shittiness of Arena's interface.

    As somebody pointed out on Twitter, the Boar combines rather well with Master of Cruelties for a potential instakill.
    Worldspine Wurm is most likely an instant kill too, except it's actually good on it's own off of a Sneak or Through the Breach, whereas Master of Cruelties is crap without Ilharg.

    EDIT: Actually, Master of Cruelties is also crap if they can block it...
    Sligh
    Mentor Deathblade
    The Mind Harvester
    Wb Tokens
    4c Nobleblade

    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

  8. #408

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Why wouldn't you play Zoo? Instead of a 5/5 for B that's immune to Push, you can get a 4/5 for 1G that's not. And instead of a 3/2 flyer for U, you can get a 3/3 double conditional for G. Oh, and you also get to not include the two best colors in Legacy, or any of the best spells, and you're a dog to combo.

    What's not to love?
    There is already a thread for posting your bad opinions friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

    I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

    Good day.

  9. #409

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    So the paper gets bent around the shittiness of Arena's interface.

    As somebody pointed out on Twitter, the Boar combines rather well with Master of Cruelties for a potential instakill.
    I prefer to think it was an intentional choice to stop Lands players from saving Dark Depths, Tabernacles, and Mazes from wasteland. See, they do care about legacy!

  10. #410
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    313

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I think considering things in this way is the future of design; more mandatory triggers and other things that will streamline the way the game plays out on Arena.
    It's already present for the last few sets. They even changed Ajani's Pridemate.
    So far this hasn't been bad, for what I know. But in some regards it could impose limits to what they're willing to do.
    I see the importance of streamlining the (digital) gameplay and preventing unintended clicking mistakes.
    Let's just hope it doesn't lead to too much dumbing down the game.

  11. #411
    Member

    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    313

    Re: War of the Spark



    All glory to the Hypno Boar God!
    Funny, Ilharg acts as replacement for Hazoret in the god cycle in this set. How long does WotC plan ahead again? :) Is the myth of the Raze Boar a newer retcon or has it been part of Gruul since the first Ravnica set?

  12. #412

    Re: War of the Spark



    What's better than one Jace TMS on the battlefield? Two Jace.

  13. #413

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post


    What's better than one Jace TMS on the battlefield? Two Jace.
    There's probably a combo to be had somewhere, but doubling up on JTMS seems pretty win-more.

  14. #414
    Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Hanni's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2006
    Location

    Columbus, OH
    Posts

    2,620

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post


    What's better than one Jace TMS on the battlefield? Two Jace.
    The fact that it can copy a legendary but won't be legendary itself is a very interesting effect. I'm curious if there is some sort of way to abuse that part.
    Sligh
    Mentor Deathblade
    The Mind Harvester
    Wb Tokens
    4c Nobleblade

    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

  15. #415
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,479

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    The fact that it can copy a legendary but won't be legendary itself is a very interesting effect. I'm curious if there is some sort of way to abuse that part.
    Copy Kiki Jiki, then since it's not legendary it can copy itself? Makes infinite tapped dudes? I'm sure there's better out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  16. #416
    Force of Will is my bitch
    Finn's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2004
    Location

    South Florida
    Posts

    3,073

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    The fact that it can copy a legendary but won't be legendary itself is a very interesting effect. I'm curious if there is some sort of way to abuse that part.
    My thoughts exactly. We have never had this ability before in a single card.

    Kiki maybe for starters.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

  17. #417
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    4,005

    Re: War of the Spark

    I'm not sure why WotC is now interested in printing playable new potential combo enablers, but I can tell you one thing for sure:

    I like it.

    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  18. #418
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    2,267

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I like it.
    I can't even recall the last time I considered buying a box of Standard legal cards, but man, I am really contemplating a box of this set. There are some really interesting mythics, rares and a slew of uncommons I'd like to just have.

    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  19. #419

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    The fact that it can copy a legendary but won't be legendary itself is a very interesting effect. I'm curious if there is some sort of way to abuse that part.
    Copying Ugin and Dovin come immediately to mind. Thalia. Elesh Norn.

    I think the "walker with extra loyalty counter" might be more important, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

  20. #420

    Re: War of the Spark

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Copying Ugin and Dovin come immediately to mind. Thalia. Elesh Norn.

    I think the "walker with extra loyalty counter" might be more important, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    My immediate thought is copying different Ajanis in a Superfriends build.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)