Thread: How many decks to you play?

Threaded View

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

How many decks to you play?

I was just curious about what everyone's approach to legacy in regards to deck diversity. One of the bigger discussions in the B/R Thread (don't worry, I'm not going there) is about learning the metagame and how the metagame evolves. Do people have different decks available to adjust to changes in the metagame or are you all-in on one deck? Some people are hard-core masters at their deck (Bryant Cook with TES comes to mind, or Julian Knab with Elves) but others seem to bounce around to different decks. I was just curious what the percentages are for this community as far as committing to one strategy or having several options available given metagame changes (or boredom, personal whim, etc.)

For me, my primary deck is Turbo Depths. It used to be Rock/Junk before DRS was banned, but c'est la vie. However, I am also actively trying to have several other decks available in case of a big metagame shift or if I get bored. It gets expensive that way, but I am also patient and watch prices, trade in cards I don't use to the LGS for credit so I can purchase other cards. However long it takes I am actively trying to have staples available to play the types of decks I enjoy.

So I have these decks available to play if I wanted to:

Turbo Depths
    Ruby Storm
    Punishing Maverick
    Deadguy Ale/Rock/Nic Fit
    Mono-blue Delver/Mono-Blue Dreadstill

TL,DR - Do you play only one deck in Legacy or do you have 2+ options to keep from getting stale or bored?
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 09-17-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information