Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Future of MTG

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Future of MTG

@bruizar you'd see more 2c deck identities, and would also see some archetypes able to leverage Mirage Fetches. Brainstorm usage would drop precipitously, and we'd immediately see Hymn ripped away from SCM and Kcomm (which has needed to happen since SDT was banned). You would see a drop in Delver (particularly non-UR). The clear winners are R/G Lands and DnT (and other Vial decks); Ancient Tomb/Chalice would have fewer decks to feed on. What would likely happen with Tomb/Chalice is that mono-Red TurboMoon/Rabble would take over and hate Eldrazi Stompy right out of the format. In terms of mono-Red Turbomoon's position vs the rest of the format, they would make it much easier to hate on Ancient Tomb since it would have one best presentation. You still have to contend with R/G Lands, DnT, a UW deck (using slow-Fetches), and all the other 2c winners - I'm not sure if Burn, Turbomoon, and Death's Shadow would be that well positioned. ANT is also probably just fine being UB, though TES would be dead. Belcher is probably better situated than your examples? [Edit: probably Pox as well]. I'll tag on one last winner you'd have to have a good matchup against: LED Dredge

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    I typed a long post; but the most interesting point is that Mtg will continue becoming decentralized; it's already happened a ton.
    Just wanted to say that I agree completely with everything you said. I think it's unfortunate that the decentralization is happening and that forums like this is mostly relegated to be a ground for a small but vocal group of complainers.

Other than that, abandon the RL plz, prices is the only problem that legacy has.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Even if they ban Onslaught/Zendikar fetch We still have the Mirage fetchland.
    At least i used to play with them back in the days and they are much fair then Onslaught/Zendikar.

Decks will still be available just one turn slower.

Funny thing i was watching a little the CFB Legacy somewhere in the US. Funny chat interaction :)

Btw i am still having a pint every round playing legacy. It gets difficult after 5 rounds ;)

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Even if they ban Onslaught/Zendikar fetch We still have the Mirage fetchland.
    At least i used to play with them back in the days and they are much fair then Onslaught/Zendikar.

Decks will still be available just one turn slower.

Funny thing i was watching a little the CFB Legacy somewhere in the US. Funny chat interaction :)

Btw i am still having a pint every round playing legacy. It gets difficult after 5 rounds ;)
    Don't worry. Gavin Verhey went on record at Tolarian Community College stating they were not going to ban fetchlands in eternal.

Somewhere buried here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DUGg9PDnIY

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Don't worry. Gavin Verhey went on record at Tolarian Community College stating they were not going to ban fetchlands in eternal.

Somewhere buried here:
    Yeah, i know that but you can still have hope ;) In the meantime they can try to fix the other issues.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Sure, and the people who have two of a dual for their deck, they do what? Sit on their hands? Right now you can get away with playing fewer duals and more fetches. Some decks take this to an extreme playing very few.

Here, let's make this simple. Your playing RUG. Now you suddenly need Shocks and two new Duals. Sucks to be you. Your playing UW... That's two new Tundra for you. Your playing some silly Phoenix deck, cough up mate.
    Yeah trading your 2 Volcanics for like 2 Tundras will sure double/triple your deck price like claimed./s

Even if you drop colours, how many people own 4 duals? I know a lot do, but not newer players, not those who sold what they weren't using. You just shit on them and tell them to deal.
    No new player will be able to build a proper Legacy deck from scratch anyways due to prices we have for years. Trying to make a financial point about 2 unlimited duals, while Tabernacle are paywalling certain decks and multicolor decks are 2k+, is hard to be taken serious

Ban fetches, you push up the price and watch people leave. As someone who plays decks more or less built around Wasteland, sure, whatever. I can live with that. But that's not fair for everyone else. Because as demand goes up for those needed one or two more duals, the price would sky-rocket and leave us with a lot of people priced out.
    People are priced out for years from simply picking up Legacy and horrible format Management, lacking support and staleness, which Fetches are a big part of, have driven Legacy into the ground already. Maintaining a solved while unaffordable state isnt going to save Legacy. Potentially raising the demand for non ABU Duals, while taking pressure from ABUs due to less colors per deck and breaking the cantrip/fetch chokehold might be able to do so

If you really think banning fetches would make this format more accessible and cheaper your out of your mind. I'm not arguing against if it would make game play better, it very well might, but you can have stunning game play with only 3 players and well, jokes on you.
    Depends. If you want to play 3.5c decks you have to run duals and fetches and that will be more than 2 duals, mind you. We dont know if destabilized multicolor manabases wouldnt make other alternatives in the cardpool more viable.

Wasteland would fuck the mana bases, not the lack of shuffling. Jund does fine in Modern, as does Grixis (when it was a thing) just to name two.
    Lack of shuffling nerfs the cantrip shells. That's the point.

You can play more off the wall lands with your duals and get a mana base going. Checklands, Fastlands, maybe a filter or two. But these are all secondary to the main puppies, the totally painless (Aside from you wallet) duals. So what do you look at first when building? Well.
    To repeat myself: Which of the decks in question runs only 2 duals and would have to buy many more to triple the decks price?

Lem, flatly. You are wrong.
    I think your monetary arguments based on new players, for a format inaccessible to new players due to prices for years, isnt a convincing one. Its like blaming the additional costs of tires as a reason college graduates cant afford Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post

Somewhere buried here:
    Of course they wont, just as they wont ban Brainstorm or Ponder. Legacy will stay the way it is until nobody plays it due to boredom and/or being priced out.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I think this is the correct way to play MTG. I like to get half shitfaced myself.
    Mom-mom had to die because of the ground chemicals. http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10272003

Quote Originally Posted by menloe View Post
    I think this is the correct way to play MTG. I like to get half shitfaced myself.
    Uhhhh some of us need to go home after the tournament.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Uhhhh some of us need to go home after the tournament.
    Smh, owning/renting a home is why you don't have money to play old school. Like us cool kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Thread Information