Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Veteran's day

6 37.50%
  • Climate change

10 62.50%

Thread: Slow doomsday with questionable plan B pattern combo

Hybrid View

Last edited by kinda; 02-13-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Re: Slow doomsday with questionable plan B pattern combo

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    I need a green sun's zenith target that can draw a card the next turn
    Abzan Beastmaster draws at your upkeep if your opponent has no creatures.
    Pyknite draws at the very next upkeep, though I assume you want to draw at your turn.
    You could use Feral Prowler and sac it with Therapy. There's also Wall of Mulch and Portcullis Vine.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

-rob

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Abzan Beastmaster draws at your upkeep if your opponent has no creatures.
    Pyknite draws at the very next upkeep, though I assume you want to draw at your turn.
    You could use Feral Prowler and sac it with Therapy. There's also Wall of Mulch and Portcullis Vine.
    Thanks! Either wall of mulch or feral prowler could work! Mulch works best with doomsday (to draw a card right after playing doomsday) and pattern I think.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

wall of mulch does look good for this. i like yavimaya elder because you can get effectively 3 cards for 2 mana and you can choose the order so you know which card you will draw if you had made a doomsday pile. i guess it depends on what you plan on doing with it.

i'd highly recommend playing some non-zero number of jace, the mind sculptors. if you can land a jace turn 2 (with some nut play with veteran explorer), then you have an easy turn 3 kill with doomsday assuming you can cast it.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    wall of mulch does look good for this. i like yavimaya elder because you can get effectively 3 cards for 2 mana and you can choose the order so you know which card you will draw if you had made a doomsday pile. i guess it depends on what you plan on doing with it.

i'd highly recommend playing some non-zero number of jace, the mind sculptors. if you can land a jace turn 2 (with some nut play with veteran explorer), then you have an easy turn 3 kill with doomsday assuming you can cast it.
    Jace does seem quite good...hm...

Winter Maze

Slow Doomsday should be ClimateChange.dec, if you need to go your name game.

Thread Information