Page 6 of 332 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    *lots of usefull stuff
    You should change your status from "is cancer" to "is useful".
    Couldn't have responded better.

After the deadline has passed, I will post the decks everybody has sent in as soon as I can.
    Afterwards, I will post my results, with quick explanations of the lines played.
    This will look somewhat as follows (with different cards, and depending on what they have, obviously).

Lions Galore!! (Savannah, Loam Lion, Loam Lion, Swords to Plowshares)
    John: You combo me out both games. 0-6
    Ralph: OTP I get to cast a Lion, which beats your Memnite, OTD you get to cast Chalice@1 and I die to Memnite. 3-3
    Sarah: You can only FoW one Lion. OTP I win the race, OTD I won't, so it's a standoff. 4-1
    Total: 7 point
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-23-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

And we're up to 25 participants.
    Last chance to enter, as the deadline is in less than 24 hours!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    You should change your status from "is cancer" to "is usefull".
    Couldn't have responded better.

After the deadline has passed, I will post the decks everybody has sent in as soon as I can.
    Afterwards, I will post my results, with quick explanations of the lines played.
    This will look somewhat as follows (with different cards, and depending on what they have, obviously).

Lions Galore!! (Savannah, Loam Lion, Loam Lion, Swords to Plowshares)
    John: You combo me out both games. 0-6
    Ralph: OTP I get to cast a Lion, which beats your Memnite, OTD you get to cast Chalice@1 and I die to Memnite. 3-3
    Sarah: You can only FoW one Lion. OTP I win the race, OTD I won't, so it's a standoff. 4-1
    Total: 7 point
    How come is this 7 points?
    You lose the first match = 0 points
    You draw the second one = 1 point
    You win the last match = 3 points
    total = 4 Points???

or is it 3 points per game won in a match and one per standoff??
    => 0 points for match 1
    => 3 points for match 2
    => 4 points for match 3
    total 7 points???

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    How come is this 7 points?
    You lose the first match = 0 points
    You draw the second one = 1 point
    You win the last match = 3 points
    total = 4 Points???

or is it 3 points per game won in a match and one per standoff??
    => 0 points for match 1
    => 3 points for match 2
    => 4 points for match 3
    total 7 points???
    Each match can end in:
    - Two wins 3+3=6 points
    - One win, one draw 3+1=4 points
    - One win, one loss 3+0=3 points
    - Two draws 1+1=2 points
    - One draw, one loss: 1+0=1 point
    - Two losses: 0 points

That's how we will calculate the scores.

So, yes, that works somewhat differently from normal tournaments.
    Should I edit the first post a bit, to clarify?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I am very excited to see results, this has been really fun!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Yeah I've been antsy to see the results since I sent my list haha.
    Curious to find out if I'm one of the people who found what is apparently broken or not

I've been building other lists based on tentative bans on my desktop too; gota git redy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Yeah I have like ten decks ready as well.
    Which I might have to rethink if we decide to ban like 3 more cards for next round.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I'm waiting on R1 to see how the 'metagame' shakes out and if there will be more bans. I have like 2 decks tentatively mapped out, but they could be garbage if there is a metagame hostile to it. I predicted this first round would be dominated by either 1) creature cheats (Unburial Rites, Reanimate, etc) or 2) Hyper efficient agro (Taiga, Kird Ape, Raze, Bolt for example.) EDIT: *super secret tech*
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 02-19-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I started my own 4CB within my circle of friends.
    There are already some imaginative builds and some very metagamed builds in anticipation of the meta :)
    I will probably reuse some of these with some twists in the next rounds :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    (spoiler, but the deadline has passed so whatever)
    No, it hasn't just yet!
    Might want to snip that out for the time being.

Deadline passes on 6:00AM CET on Wednesday (tomorrow).
    Which for the USA means post your deck tonight (Tuesday) before like 11:00PM.
    And for Japan means tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon-ish, I think? I'm not sure.

Timezones are confusing as... as... I can't think of a word that fits here that I can actually say on a public forum.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

No, it hasn't just yet!

Sep 2011

Deadline passes on 6:00AM CET on Wednesday (tomorrow).
    Which for the USA means post your deck tonight (Tuesday) before like 11:00PM.
    And for Japan means tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon-ish, I think? I'm not sure.
    Is there still time? If so, I'm in. I'll submit something in the next hour.

Edit: It's a good thing Chancellor of the Annex is banned. Otherwise this is dumb

Chancellor of the Annex
    City of Traitors
    Lion's Eye Diamond
    Unburial Rites

The mana denial would beat most decks on the play or draw, it plays around 1-2 enemy Chancellors, and it draws against itself.
    Last edited by FTW; 02-20-2019 at 12:33 AM.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Is there still time? If so, I'm in. I'll submit something in the next hour.

Edit: It's a good thing Chancellor of the Annex is banned. Otherwise this is dumb

Chancellor of the Annex
    City of Traitors
    Lion's Eye Diamond
    Unburial Rites

The mana denial would beat most decks on the play or draw, it plays around 1-2 enemy Chancellors, and it draws against itself.
    Mine would beat it 2-0, but one of my cards is Leyline of the Void

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Mine would beat it 2-0, but one of my cards is Leyline of the Void
    So would mine, but one of my cards is Leyline of Singularity
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The moment we have all been waiting for is upon us...

DECKS FOR ROUND ONE!

1. Asthereal (TO): Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Slippery Bogle, Island
    2. PirateKing: City of Traitors, The Rack, The Rack, Lupine Prototype
    3. Matsu: Rishadan Port, Mishra's factory,Mental Misstep, Mental Misstep
    4. CptHaddock: Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Saprazzan Cove, Mental Misstep
    5. Taconaut: Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Saprazzan Cove, Confiscate
    6. Mr. Safety: City of Traitors, Elvish Spirit Guide, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs
    7. Clx33: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Propaganda
    8. Fallen_Empire: City of Traitors, Torpor Orb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought
    9. tescrin: Sphere of Resistance, Crystal Vein, Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory
    10. PapriNgomo: Undiscovered Paradise, Undiscovered Paradise, Scythe Leopard, Adventuring Gear
    11. ronco: Swamp, Smallpox, Nether Spirit, Lotus Petal
    12. JackaBo: City of traitors, Simian spirit guide, Simian spirit guide, Thought-knot-seer
    13. H: Tropical Island, Force of Will, Force Spike, Old-Growth Dryads
    14. mistercakes: swamp, culling the weak, shield sphere, phyrexian obliterator
    15. Dan Pyre: Swamp, Cabal Ritual, Lotus Petal, Phyrexian Crusader
    16. kombatkiwi: Peat Bog, Bitterblossom, Nether Spirit, Smallpox
    17. Tylert: Havenwood Battleground, city of traitors, Eureka, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    18. Ace/Homebrew: Leyline of the Void, Leyline of Sanctity, Serra's Sanctum, Myth Realized
    19. spartan117: The Tabernacle At Pendrell Vale, Eladamri's Vineyard, Treetop Village, Field Of Ruin
    20. beardstorm: Island, Zealous Guardian, Force Spike, Sea's Claim
    21. phonics: Swamp, Mishra's Factory, Blackmail, The Rack
    22. Sloshthedark: Blinkmoth Nexus, Inkmoth Nexus, City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance
    23. JosefK: Blackmail, Cabal Therapy, Swamp, The Rack
    24. spirit of the wretch: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, City of Traitors, Hangarback Walker
    25. apple713: Plains, Mishra's Factory, Mana Tithe, Leyline of the Void
    26. Darklingske: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Dwarven Hold
    27. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Scrubland, Cabal Therapy, Student of Warfare
    28. Kap'n Cook: Force of Will, Judge's Familiar, Tropical Island, Greenbelt Rampager

That's quite the list! Thank you alle for joining, and good luck figuring out the scores. Don't forget to cross-check with the opponents.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-21-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's results for S01R01:

1. Asthereal (TO) = me! It's a slippery, slippery, slippery slope: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Slippery Bogle, Island
    2. PirateKing: Sooo many threats! I guess you just kill me. 0-6 (0)
    3. Matsu: Eh... Factory races me, and 2x Misstep counters my Claim quite well. 0-6 (0)
    4. CptHaddock: I don't see a way to use Claim without it getting countered. 0-6 (0...)
    5. Taconaut: BG (both games) Claim your Cove, protect with FoW pitching Bogle = draw. 2-2 (2! I'm on the score board!)
    6. Mr. Safety: Bogle could race Tongs OTP, but FoW costs a life. I don't see anything other than BG FoW Tongs and draw. 2-2 (4)
    7. Clx33: BG (both games) Claim your Cove, protect with FoW pitching Bogle = draw. 2-2 (6)
    8. Fallen_Empire: BG FoW Orb, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (12)
    9. tescrin: I can't beat 2x Mishra's Fcatory with this deck. 0-6 (12)
    10. PapriNgomo: BG FoW Leopard, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. (Tip: -1 Paradise, +1 Port/Mishra's/Quicksand/?) 6-0 (18)
    11. ronco: BG FoW either Smallpox or Petal, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (24)
    12. JackaBo: BG FoW your guy, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (30)
    13. H: Protected Old-Growth Dryads kind of races my Bogle. 0-6 (30)
    14. mistercakes: BG FoW your Shield Sphere, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (36)
    15. Dan Pyre: BG FoW a spell, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (42)
    16. kombatkiwi: Sea's Claim your Peat Bog, Bogle beats. 6-0 (48)
    17. Tylert: Either Sea's Claim the Havenwood, or FoW Eureka pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (54)
    18. Ace/Homebrew: BG FoW Myth Realized, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (60)
    19. spartan117: BG FoW Vineyard, pitching Claim. Now you can't activate Village anymore, right? Bogle beats. 6-0 (66)
    20. beardstorm: OTP I go Island-Bogle. If you ever cast your guy I FoW it. Bogle wins the day. OTD you just play Island-go. If I use mana to cast my guy, you get to Force Spike, which I can FoW, but then you get to cast your guy and we have a stare-down -> draw. 4-1 (70)
    21. phonics: Yeah, Blackmail sucks. So does Mishra's Factory. And The Rack. 0-6 (70)
    22. Sloshthedark: Bogle could race Blinkmoth OTP if I get to Claim Inkmoth, but Sphere says no. Which is unfortunate. 0-6 (70)
    23. JosefK: Discard stops my FoW. Claim does not stop your Rack. Rack races Bogle. Sad day. 0-6 (70)
    24. spirit of the wretch: BG FoW the Walker, pitching Claim. Bogle beats. 6-0 (76)
    25. apple713: If you attack with your Factory, I get to Claim it and Bogle wins. So you don't attack, keeping Mana Tithe for defense. If I try to Claim your Factory and protect my Claim with FoW, I have to pitch Bogle, leaving me without a wincon. So I also don't do anything. That's two draws. 2-2 (78)
    26. Darklingske: Island -> Bogle is actually the faster kill. That made me chuckle. :) Oh and I just pay for Tabernacle. 6-0 (84)
    27. FTW: If you therapy my FoW, I Claim your land. Otherwise I FoW your Student. Two draws. 2-2 (86)
    28. Kap'n Cook: Claim stops you from casting Rampager, Familiar gets FoWed pitching Bogle. Or you FoW pitching Familiar, which I FoW back. No wincons left = two draws. 2-2 (88)

Total: 88 points

I will make each match bold if I have cross-checked it and we both agree on our score.
    If everybody does that, we can easily check which matches still need to be discussed.

If you disagree with my assessment, just post so in your results and explain how we should play.
    Remember: we both play optimally, so if I overlook a better line, it is your duty to correct me.

BANNINGS
    You can also let everyone know which cards you feel should be banned.

I advocate to ban these cards:
    - Cabal Therapy (because Thoughtseize is banned, and this card is better)
    - Blackmail (same reason - note this card can also take lands!)
    Honestly I just forgot about these. These should obviously not be legal if Seize is banned.
    Keeping Duress is probably fine, as it helps stop obnoxious things, but I think these are too much.

I have my doubts about these cards:
    - Lion's Eye Diamond (allows for insane combos)
    - Eureka (stoppable, but obnoxious, especially with City of Traitors and 2x Chancellor of the Tangle)
    - Misthollow Griffin or Force of Will (this combo might be too much to allow)
    - The Rack (I forgot about this card. It's pretty insane if you think about it.)

Let us know what you want to do. Shall we ban cards for next round already? Or shall we wait? I'm cool with either.

OOPS
    Also, I was notified I have to issue an apology. As this is the first round and the first time for me organizing this, we were bound to run into an issue, and we did:
    Before we started, a few people noted they would like Misstep to be legal. I agreed, but failed to put that into the first posts, so some thought Misstep would be banned.
    I'm sorry about that.
    I have decided to decree all decks posted for round one legal, and I will take action before round two. Probably I will declare Misstep legal, and ban a few other cards.
    Possibly, I will take more action. I'm working on an entire new banning list. Half the cards on the Legacy banned list are irrelevant anyway (Vampiric Tutor, wow).
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-21-2019 at 06:35 AM.

TFW you build a Phyrexian Crusader deck and there are literally zero Bolts/Plows in the presented decklists

Looking good folks!! I'll be sure to do my (atrocious) matchups here when I get home!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

48 points. Match verifieds in bold.

1) Asthereal: I loose 2-0 because he can sea claim one of my lands : 0 points
    2) PirateKing: I kill him by attacking each time it wipes his board and he can't win : 6 points --> 6
    3) Matsu: i win because he can't port me. OTD: He has to port me at each upkeep to not loose. Stand off. : 4 points --> 10
    4) CptHaddock: I loose twice because he can FoW my eureka: 0 --> 10
    5) Taconaut: I loose twice because he can FoW my eureka: 0 --> 10
    6) Mr. Safety: Can't attack i loose to scalding tongs: 0 --> 10
    7) Clx33: I loose twice because he can FoW my eureka: 0 --> 10
    8) Fallen_Empire: 3-3. Because OTP i can block one dreadnaught and survive and wipes his board on the next turn, and OTD he is one turn faster: 3 --> 13
    9) tescrin: Can't play my spells. I loose 2-0. 0 --> 13
    10) PapriNgomo: Your deck is too slow. You can't kill me both games before Emmy attacks and your board's wipe. 6 --> 19
    11) Ronco: I think i loose both games. OTP, you can smallpox after i put Emmy in play, OTD, you kill one of my lands. 0 --> 19
    12) JackaBo: My deck is too slow. You take emrakul both times before i can do anything. 0 --> 19
    13) H: You fow eureka. 0-2. 0 --> 19
    14) mistercakes: I think emrakul arrives before you kill me both otp and otd. 2-0. 6 --> 25
    15) Dan Pyre: Poor Phyrexain crusader decks. Emmy comes before you kill me both times. 2-0 6 --> 31
    16) kombatkiwi: Either you kill my land with smallpox or emrakul once he is in play. 0-2 --> 31
    17) Myself
    18) Ace/Homebrew: I guess i win both games because you're a bit slow. 2-0 : 6 --> 37
    19) spartan117: I win otp and otd because i cast eureka before you can do anything. 2-0: 6 --> 43
    20) beardstorm: I loose both games because you can sea claim my lands. 0 --> 43
    21) phonics: Your blackmail will allways get rid of one of my necessary piece of the combo (Either a land or Eureka). I loose 0-2. 0 --> 43
    22) Sloshthedark: You can allways land sphere of resistance before i cast Eureka. 0 --> 43
    23) JosefK: Your blackmail will allways get rid of one of my necessary piece of the combo (Either a land or Eureka). I loose 0-2. 0 --> 43
    24) spirit of the wretch: Karakas beats me hardtime. 0 --> 43
    25) apple713: If i cast eureka, i loose, if my opponents taps out for a threat he looses. Both stand offs. 2-2: 2 --> 45
    26) Darklingske: you can't stop eureka, i win. 2-0. 6 --> 51
    27) FTW: You can allways discard eureka. 0-2. 0 --> 51
    28) Kap'n Cook: Force of will FTW. 0 -2 --> 51

Total 51 points.
    Last edited by Tylert; 02-26-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

spirit's results for S01R01: (Match verifieds in bold.)
    1. Asthereal (TO): Fow + Hexproof > my deck 0-6 (0)
    2. PirateKing: I can't race his Rack 0-6 (0)
    3. Matsu: he can't beat Walker 6-0 (6)
    4. CptHaddock: Force kills my Thread and Karakas kills his => draw 2-2 (8)
    5. Taconaut: Confiscate FTW => 0-6 (8)
    6. Mr. Safety: I can't beat Bridge 0-6 (8)
    8. Fallen_Empire: Leyline + Karakas > Phyrexian Dreadnough 6-0 (14)
    9. tescrin: I can pay three for Hangarback Walker and he wins 6-0 (20)
    10. PapriNgomo: Leyline + Karakas > Scythe Leopard 6-0 (26)
    11. ronco: Noone plays anything... 2-2 (28)
    12. JackaBo: OTP I resolve Hangarback Walker and Karakas wins. OTD he takes Hangarback and Karakas draws 4-1 (32)
    13. H: Force kills my Thread and Karakas kills his => draw 2-2 (34)
    14. mistercakes: Leyline + Karakas > Phyrexian Obliterator 6-0 (40)
    15. Dan Pyre: Leyline + Karakas > Phyrexian Crusader 6-0 (46)
    16. kombatkiwi: OTP: T1 Karakas, T2 Walker wins, OTD: Noone plays anything... 4-1 (50)
    17. Tylert: Leyline + Karakas > Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 6-0 (56)
    18. Ace/Homebrew: Mine is bigger and creates fliers 6-0 (62)
    19. spartan117: I play city and hold Karakas. Once he uses Field, I sac Walker to Tabernacle and play Karakas. I bounce his Village every turn an my tokens die => draw 2-2 (64)
    20. beardstorm: I can pay three for Hangarback Walker and he wins 6-0 (70)
    21. phonics: I can't race his Rack 0-6 (70)
    22. Sloshthedark: Can't bounce or race the poison 0-6 (70)
    23. JosefK: I can't race his Rack 0-6 (70)
    24. spirit of the wretch: it's meeee (70)
    25. apple713: I can pay three for Hangarback Walker and he wins 6-0 (76)
    26. Darklingske: I play Karakas first and use it to protect my Walker from Fire. He wins 6-0 (82)
    27. FTW: OTP I resolve Walker and he wins with Karakas. OTD we draw 4-1 (86)
    28. Kap'n Cook: Force kills my Thread and Karakas kills his => draw 2-2 (88)

Total: 88 points

BANNINGS
    - Cabal Therapy
    - Blackmail
    - Force of Will
    - The Rack
    Last edited by spirit of the wretch; 02-26-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Isn't Mental misstep banned in legacy? :)

Thread Information