Thread: 4 Card Blind

Threaded View

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

I have a few questions before I launch the final round, as it matters for my preparation for season 3:

1. How do you guys like the system for season point scoring?
    Do you like the current system? Or did you prefer the previous system with Formula 1 style scoring? Any suggestions?

I personally quite like the current season scoring system. It's fair, and missing a round doesn't kill you.
    Missing 3 rounds does hurt your standings quite a bit, but rewarding loyal players is a good thing imho.
    I do have one idea for a change though: we could introduce "megaslayer" and "peacekeeper" bonusses.

In the current system, winning everything is already advantageous, as it grants you 6 season points, but it's such a feat I'd say 3 bonus points could be added.
    This would make the last round more exciting, as someone who's 6 points behind could still become champion if he manages a "megaslayer" bonus.

Also, awarding a fat bonus for drawing every game could be cool, as it adds a new strategy that wasn't viable before.
    In the current system you get 2 season points for the round if you draw all your games. We could add a 5 point "peacekeeper" bonus, pushing the total cume to 7 points.

What do you guys think? Bad idea? Good idea?

2. My current plan for season 3 is a tour that visits all the blocks, starting at the old Ice Age block. So it would like something like this:
    Round 1: Ice Age block (Ice Age, Homeland, Alliances)
    Round 2: Mirage block (Mirage, Visions, Weatherlight)
    Round 3: Tempest block (Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus)
    Round 4: Urza's block (Urza's Saga, Urza's Legacy, Urza's Destiny)
    and so on, continuing until wherever we decide to stop. No bannings. If something breaks a round, it only breaks one round anyway.

2A: Do you guys like this idea?
    2B: How many rounds should we play this?

I would suggest 12 rounds again, as 12 rounds is a nice number for a season I think.
    I do think we need to decide this beforehand, so we have a clear competition.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on season 3!

EDITS: Cleaned up the post, added a suggestion.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 07-03-2019 at 04:09 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Thread Information