Page 45 of 332 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Ftw has a really good chance to pass me since i gave 0 thought to this round.
    I was the other late sender, little thought from me too. You just might #banthalakoslowlands

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round 8:

1. Asthereal: that's me, #bansoldevisentry: Mishra's Factory, Wasteland, Soldevi Sentry, Ratchet Bomb
    2. Wrath of Pie: Analysis below, but I think this'll be a 4-1.
    3. Whoshim: Waste the Needle, Sentry attacks for 20 turns. 6-0
    4. H: Either Bomb kills Ashling or Sentry blocks it forever. If you let me Bomb Ashling, I have two guys left against one Rampage, so you Rampage bomb for two draws? 2-2
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: I can't cast Bomb and you can't get past Sentry. 2-2
    6. Tylert: OTP Bomb is in time to kill Vial FTW. OTD you get Superion down, I still kill Vial but have to eternally block Superion with Sentry FTD. 4-1
    7. FTW: You can't let me have Bomb or I kill your only threat. I play around Push to make sure I have double regen for Sentry for the eternal block. Two draws. 2-2
    8. apple713: Bomb kills wurms just in time. I meta'd against my own combo deck from last round. 6-0

Total: 26 points ...Will it be enough to #bansoldevisentry?

Analysis

vs. Wrath:
    OTP I go Factory>Sentry. If you Inquisition, I Waste your land and Sentry wins. If you play a creature, I get Bomb down, and Bomb deals with Halbedier. I think I win both ways.
    OTD you can Inquisition Bomb, but I get to Waste your land and we draw. If you open with suspending Halbedier, I play Sentry, which can eternally block.
    You can't allow me to have the Bomb, because it kills Halbedier and my guys are better than your Noble, so I think you have to go for the draw here.
    So: a win for me and a draw.

vs. FTW:
    OTP I go Factory>Sentry. If you Push Sentry, I get Bomb down and win. So you Inquisition Bomb away, and I have to keep mana open for regenerating Sentry for the eternal block.
    OTD you go Inquisition Bomb, I play land and do nothing. You play Sadist. I play 2nd land, cast Sentry, keep mana open for regen. I still reach the eternal blockade.
    So: two draws here.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    K, i sent in my list. Sorry for the late entry, ive been sick since friday and it slipped my mind. Thanks for waiting.
    That's cool. I was busy this morning anyway, so I had the time to give you a chance to still send something in.
    Also, get well soon!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-05-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    DECKS FOR ROUND 8 OF THE VINTAGE BANNATHON

1. Asthereal: Mishra's Factory, Wasteland, Soldevi Sentry, Ratchet Bomb
    2. Wrath of Pie: Blackcleave Cliffs, Keldon Halberdier, Stromkirk Noble, Inquisition of Kozilek
    3. Whoshim: Sandstone Needle, Genesis Chamber, Norin the Wary, Norin the Wary
    4. H: Mountain, Swamp, Ashling the Pilgrim, Angrath's Rampage
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Wasteland, Mox Diamond, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    6. Tylert: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Myr Superion, Deputy of Detention
    7. FTW: Snow-Covered Swamp, Inquisition of Kozilek, Fatal Push, Cruel Sadist
    8. apple713: Thalakos Lowlands, Simian Spirit Guide, Flash, Worldspine Wurm

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Note for the Bannathon:
    With 8 participants again, the top 4 scoring decks for this round will be banned for next rounds.
    So if you want to start brewing for round 9 already, keep that in mind.
    Google Spreadsheet has been updated. You can now enter your scores there as well.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal: At worst I can force this into 2 draws by discarding Ratchet Bomb and using the threat of Fatal Push to make you keep up regeneration mana and never activate Factory. DD 2-2.
    2. Wrath of Pie: OTP T1 Sadist. If you Inquisition Fatal Push, I Inquisition Noble; if you play Noble, I Fatal Push it. Either way I can answer Noble. You suspend Keldon with 4 counters. I make Sadist 2/2. 3 counters. Sadist is 3/3. 2 counters. Sadist is 4/4. 1 counter. I hold. Keldon resolves. You can't attack because I can block and grow to 5/5. I grow him to 7/7 (me at 14). Then I can attack you 3 times FTW and you can't attack back fast enough. OTD you Inquisition Sadist and my other cards can't touch Keldon. WL 3-3.
    3. Whoshim: OTP or OTD I Inquisition Genesis Chamber. 1/1 Sadist gets there while Norin flickers a lot. WW 6-0.
    4. H: OTP or OTD I Inquisition Rampage, Fatal Push the Pilgrim if you ever tap out for it, and win with Cruel Sadist. WW. 6-0
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I Inquisition Thalia. I can pay the upkeep for Sadist and win as a 1/1. OTD you can play turn 1 Thalia to shut off my spells, but then you lose Tabernacle so I can grow Sadist to a point where I outrace you. WW 6-0
    6. Tylert: OTP I Inquisition Aether Vial and win easily. OTD Vial comes out first. I play Sadist, Inquisition Deputy, Fatal Push the Myr if you play it, and can grow Sadist to 7/7 before Chancellor kills me leading to a draw. WD. 4-1
    8. apple713: OTP I Inquisition SSG instead of Flash, for the lulz. OTD I Fatal Push a wurm and die to the other 2. WL. 3-3.

30 points (9 wins, 3 draws)

GoblinSmashmaster results for round "ban bad Tempest cards":

Thalia stops Ratchet Bomb and can't attack into Sentry. 2-2

2. Wrath of Pie: Blackcleave Cliffs, Keldon Halberdier, Stromkirk Noble, Inquisition of Kozilek
    I Waste + Tabernacle you. 2-2

Thalia stops Genesis Chamber. 6-0

I can't beat Swamp. 0-6

5. GoblinSmashmaster:
    That's me!

6. Tylert: Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Myr Superion, Deputy of Detention
    Thalia stops Vial. Tabernacle draws when Vial comes down first. 4-1

I can't beat Swamp. 0-6

Thalia stops Flash. Tabernacle + Waste draws when you go first. 4-1

Total: 18 points

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

5. GoblinSmashmaster: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Wasteland, Mox Diamond, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

1. Asthereal: OTP: I can land myr superion but soldevi sentry can block all day. OTD: bomb will destroy vial before it does anything. 1-4 --> 1
    2. Wrath of pie: OTD: You take vial with inquisition and win. OTP: T1 = Vial, you play noble, T2 = 1 counter on vial, you cast inquisition to take superion, attack for 1 (19), T3 = 2 counters, you suspend hallberdiers and attack with noble (17), T4= 3 counters on vial, i vial in deputy to take out noble, 3 counters on halberdiers, T5 = 4 counters, attack for 1 (19), 2 counters halberdiers, T6 = 5 counters, attack for 1 (18), 1 counter on haleberdiers, T7 = 6 counters, attack for 1 (17), cast hallberdiers, attack for 4 (13), T8 = chancellor arrives, i win. If you suspend halberiers before noble, I take 8 more from halleberdiers and still wins. 3-3 --> 4.
    3. Whoshim: OTP or OTD, Detention dude can take norin the wary at some point, and i will win. 6-0 --> 10
    4. H: Can't cast anything before you make me sac vial. 0-6 --> 10
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP: I play vial, you have to play tabernacle so i don't win but can't play thalia. draw. OTD: you play thalia T1 and i can't cast vial. 1-4 --> 11
    6. me
    7. FTW: OTP: T1 = Vial, you cast cruel sadist. T2 = 1 counter on vial, you cast IOK and take superion, T3 = 2 counter, You can just attack to be able to kill detention dude. (19) T4 = 3 counters, i vial in detention dude before your attack step you kill it in response to the trigger i go to (18) T5 = 4 counters, sadist is 2/2 (19), T6 = 5 counters, sadist is 3/3 (18), T7 = 6 counters, sadist is 4/4 (17), T8 = 7 counters, sadist is 5/5 (16), i vial in chancelor, T9= attack with chancellor (10), sadist is 6/6 (9) T10 = I attack with chancelor (3), sadist is 7/7 (2). You can't attack because i won't block draw. OTD: you take vial i loose. 1-4 --> 12
    8. apple713: Flash is not banned??? 0-6 --> 12

Total = 12 :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Flash is not banned???
    Nope. Both Flash decks failed to accumulate enough points to get banned last round.
    But I think Flash will be gone after this round.

EDIT: Someone entered Whoshim's score in the Google sheet as two wins against H, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening.
    However awesome the Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary deck is, Angrath kind of destroys the chamber, and I think Ashling will grow bigger than Norin.

I'm really sorry about the Norin deck getting stomped on like this, because it's by far the most interesting thing I've seen so far.

Sep 2011

EDIT: Someone entered Whoshim's score in the Google sheet as two wins against H, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening.
    However awesome the Genesis Chamber + Norin the Wary deck is, Angrath kind of destroys the chamber, and I think Ashling will grow bigger than Norin.
    OTP or OTD Angrath can only kill a Myr token, which is both an artifact and creature.

H - Mountain
    Who - Needle

H - Swamp, Ashling
    Who - Norin

H - Casting Angrath now would be futile (Norin disappears). Ashling +1 counter, attack for 2.
    Who - Cast Chamber. Norin flickers. EOT returns. 1 Myr token.

H - Angrath. Whether he chooses creature or artifact, Who can sac a Myr token. Norin flickers. EOT Norin returns. 1 Myr token.
    Who - Attack with Norin. He flickers before blockers. EOT returns. 2nd Myr token.

From here on, Whoshim gets +1 Myr each of his turns by attacking with Norin. Ashling also grows by 1 each turn. If Ashling attacks, Norin flickers and Whoshim also gets a Myr on H's turn (+2 Myrs per turn cycle), so he can eternally chump Ashling and still grow by +1 Myrs per cycle. If Ashling doesn't attack, Whoshim still grows by +1 Myrs per cycle (from attacking with Norin). Either way his army grows. Eventually he turns 21 Myrs sideways and wins.

The Norin deck is really interesting and should have won more matches in a different field. It's Bitterblossom on steroids, making a token army while also infinite chumpblocking and never hurting your life total. It just gets wrecked by LD, discard and fast combo.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

1. Asthereal: LL - confirmed
    2. Wrath: WL - inquisition:( - confirmed
    3. Whoshin: WW - wurms trample
    4. H: WW - too fast for you and I’ll have 2 wurms after sacrifice
    5. Goblin: DL - confirmed
    6. Tylert: WW - confirmed
    7. FTW: WL - inquisition:( - confirmed

25 points (8 wins 1 draw)

Last minute submission did alright today
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The Norin deck is really interesting and should have won more matches in a different field. It's Bitterblossom on steroids, making a token army while also infinite chumpblocking and never hurting your life total. It just gets wrecked by LD, discard and fast combo.
    Or vialed in deputy of detention :)

@WHoshim: By the way, why playing a second Norin the wary? anyway, he can't win alone so you have to play norin and chamber to get the combo going on and any discard will take chamber and you loose anyway. Something like gutshot would have been better no?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

H - Mountain
    Who - Needle

H - Swamp, Ashling
    Who - Norin

H - Casting Angrath now would be futile (Norin disappears). Ashling +1 counter, attack for 2.
    Who - Cast Chamber. Norin flickers. EOT returns. 1 Myr token.

H - Angrath. Whether he chooses creature or artifact, Who can sac a Myr token. Norin flickers. EOT Norin returns. 1 Myr token.
    Who - Attack with Norin. He flickers before blockers. EOT returns. 2nd Myr token.

From here on, Whoshim gets +1 Myr each of his turns by attacking with Norin. Ashling also grows by 1 each turn. If Ashling attacks, Norin flickers and Whoshim also gets a Myr on H's turn (+2 Myrs per turn cycle), so he can eternally chump Ashling and still grow by +1 Myrs per cycle. If Ashling doesn't attack, Whoshim still grows by +1 Myrs per cycle (from attacking with Norin). Either way his army grows. Eventually he turns 21 Myrs sideways and wins.
    Right, I missed this line. I'll adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    @WHoshim: By the way, why playing a second Norin the wary? anyway, he can't win alone so you have to play norin and chamber to get the combo going on and any discard will take chamber and you loose anyway. Something like gutshot would have been better no?
    Yeah, his land only has two counters on it, so recasting Norin2 after Norin1 dies isn't an option, unfortunately.
    So I guess you're right, Gut Shot would have been a better choice. Or Wasteland. Or something else that costs no mana.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Sorry guys, I'm traveling at the moment, but it looks like my deck predictably sucked. I too thought Flash was banned already.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I'm also traveling, but I will try to get to it later. For right now, it looks like I lose most stuff anyway. However, I thought that Norin would work a little differently than people here have seen it, so maybe I was wrong. I thought the following:

T1 - Land
    T2 - Cast Genesis Chamber
    T3 - Cast Norin1, Genesis Chamber makes Norin1 exiled with a Myr token, Cast Norin2, Genesis Chamber makes Norin2 exiled with a Myr Token. End step: Norin1 and Norin2 triggers go on the stack. Norin1 trigger causes Norin1 to enter, GC triggers, making a Myr, triggering Norin1 to be exiled again. Then Norin2's trigger will resolve, making a Myr, exiling Norin2.

So I get 4 1/1 Myr the first turn I cast Norins. Then I get 2 Myr each turn after that.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    T3 - Cast Norin1, Genesis Chamber makes Norin1 exiled with a Myr token, Cast Norin2, Genesis Chamber makes Norin2 exiled with a Myr Token. End step: Norin1 and Norin2 triggers go on the stack. Norin1 trigger causes Norin1 to enter, GC triggers, making a Myr, triggering Norin1 to be exiled again. Then Norin2's trigger will resolve, making a Myr, exiling Norin2.
    Norin exiles upon "cast spell" and "attack", not token ETBs.

T3 - Cast Norin1. Norin ETB. Genesis trigger: create Myr token. Cast Norin2. Norin1 triggers and exiles. Norin2 resolves and ETB. Genesis trigger: create Myr #2. Norin2 stays on the board (no more spells and nothing can attack). Go to End Step. Norin1 ETB. State-based effect: Legend rule kills one of the Norins. Then Genesis trigger: create Myr #3. End turn.

The surviving Norin stays on the field when opponent untaps, until he attacks or casts a spell. On your turn you can just attack with Norin to exile himself and get +1 Myr token. On opponent's turn if he does nothing then Norin does not exile and you get no tokens. If opponent attacks, then Norin exiles and on the end step you get +1 Myr token.That means each enemy attack nets you a free token, so you can either chump block for eternity or amass enough tokens to gangblock and kill it.

Unfortunately you can't keep both Norins beyond that first turn, so Norin2 only gets you +1 token and would be better as a different card.

If Norin triggered off ETB instead of "cast" then you would beat TylerT: Norin would duck out Detention Dude and survive, and you would generate extra Myrs when he Vials things in. Unfortunately Vial gets around Norin's trigger and makes things awkward for your deck.

Norin exiles upon "cast spell" and "attack", not token ETBs.

T3 - Cast Norin1. Norin ETB. Genesis trigger: create Myr token. Cast Norin2. Norin1 triggers and exiles. Norin2 resolves and ETB. Genesis trigger: create Myr #2. Norin2 stays on the board (no more spells and nothing can attack). Go to End Step. Norin1 ETB. State-based effect: Legend rule kills one of the Norins. Then Genesis trigger: create Myr #3. End turn.

The surviving Norin stays on the field when opponent untaps, until he attacks or casts a spell. On your turn you can just attack with Norin to exile himself and get +1 Myr token. On opponent's turn if he does nothing then Norin does not exile and you get no tokens. If opponent attacks, then Norin exiles and on the end step you get +1 Myr token.That means each enemy attack nets you a free token, so you can either chump block for eternity or amass enough tokens to gangblock and kill it.

Unfortunately you can't keep both Norins beyond that first turn, so Norin2 only gets you +1 token and would be better as a different card.

If Norin triggered off ETB instead of "cast" then you would beat TylerT: Norin would duck out Detention Dude and survive, and you would generate extra Myrs when he Vials things in. Unfortunately Vial gets around Norin's trigger and makes things awkward for your deck.
    Whoops! Sorry. I was working off memory. I should have RTFC. I remembered it as "creature enters the battlefield or attacks".

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

And anyway, you can't cast Norin 1 + Norin 2 + Genesis chamber... you only can cast two of these with Sandstone needle.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary standings for round 8:

(Rank. Player: score - season points)
    1. FTW: 30 - 4,3
    2. Asthereal (TO): 26 - 3,7
    3. apple713: 25 - 3,6
    4. Wrath of Pie: 24 - 3,4
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: 18 - 2,6
    6. H: 14 - 2,0
    7. Tylert: 12 - 1,7
    8. Whoshim: 6 - 0,9

Which would lead to the following bannings (barring mistakes in scores):
    Blackcleave Cliffs
    Cruel Sadist
    Fatal Push
    Flash
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Keldon Halberdier
    Mishra's Factory
    Ratchet Bomb
    Simian Spirit Guide
    Snow-Covered Swamp
    Soldevi Sentry
    Stromkirk Noble
    Thalakos Lowlands
    Wasteland
    Worldspine Wurm

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Four more rounds! Time for the next one.

Round 9 of 4CB Season 2, the Vintage Bannathon, has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 9, so you can start sending me your decks.
    You will find standings for round 8 and new bannings based on results from round 8 in the Google Spreadsheet, or in the post above, or in the first two posts of the thread.
    (If scores change still, I will adjust everything accordingly. NOTE: If scores do change, this might affect bannings. Again.)

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 9: WEDNESDAY the 12th of June, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S02R09 in the topic. Most of you already do this. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post and in the Google Spreadsheet). So keep an eye on what you send in.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, the Google Spreadsheet has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Happy deck designing everybody!

Fun facts:
    - FTW continues to close the gap to first place, and is now only 1,3 season point behind apple713.
    - (Okay, this is actually a sad fact.) Whoshim's creative awesomeness cost him two places in the season ranking, dropping to 6th.
    - My #banthalakoslowlands may have failed last round, but apple713 came to the rescue, completing it for this round.
    - Also, #bansoldevisentry #overpowered #whosnext

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Preliminary standings for round 8:

(Rank. Player: score - season points)
    1. FTW: 30 - 4,3
    2. Asthereal (TO): 26 - 3,7
    3. apple713: 25 - 3,6
    4. Wrath of Pie: 24 - 3,4
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: 18 - 2,6
    6. H: 14 - 2,0
    7. Tylert: 12 - 1,7
    8. Whoshim: 6 - 0,9

Which would lead to the following bannings (barring mistakes in scores):
    Blackcleave Cliffs
    Cruel Sadist
    Fatal Push
    Flash
    Inquisition of Kozilek
    Keldon Halberdier
    Mishra's Factory
    Ratchet Bomb
    Simian Spirit Guide
    Snow-Covered Swamp
    Soldevi Sentry
    Stromkirk Noble
    Thalakos Lowlands
    Wasteland
    Worldspine Wurm
    God dammit, angrath rampage is not banned! :)

Thread Information