Page 39 of 332 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

1. Asthereal (TO): Snow-Covered Island, Mana Crypt, Show and Tell, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2. Wrath of Pie: Badlands, Mox Ruby, Pardic Dragon, Blackmail
    3. apple713: Mox Sapphire, Mox Sapphire, Tolarian Academy, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Tolarian Academy, Mox Ruby, Memnite, Wheel of Fortune
    5. Whoshim: Mox Sapphire, Mox Sapphire, Tolarian Academy, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
    6. FTW: Scrubland, Cenn's Tactician, Blackmail, Ghost Quarter
    7. H: Angrath's Rampage, Dreadhorde Arcanist, Swamp, Mox Ruby
    8. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, aether vial, myr superion, deputy of detention

1. Asthereal: If you show and tell i can drop deputy. if you don't Myr is giving the beats! 6-0 --> 6
    2. Wrath Of pie: I can allways hide or play Vial. You have to take deputy or i can keep it to remove the dragon and eventually play chancellor or superion. However, it looks as if pardic dragon will allways be the first one to hit and i can't block it. So you win both games. 0-6 --> 6
    3. Apple713: I'm too slow both games. 0-6 --> 6
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: I'm too slow both games. 0-6 --> 6
    5. Whoshim: I'm too slow both games. 0-6 --> 6
    6. FTW: You will allways take deptuy with blackmail. OTP or OTD, you end up at 5 with a 6/6 tactitian, but you can't attack and you will have to double block but will not be able to kill both my threats. 6-0 --> 12
    7. H: OTP: I win with myr superion beats. OTD: You can destroy vial and win. 3-3 --> 15
    8. Me

15 points! Less than last time :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    2. Wrath of Pie: Badlands, Mox Ruby, Pardic Dragon, Blackmail
    2. Wrath Of pie: I can allways hide or play Vial. You have to take deputy or i can keep it to remove the dragon and eventually play chancellor or superion. However, it looks as if pardic dragon will allways be the first one to hit and i can't block it. So you win both games. 0-6
    Actually, on the draw the Pardic dude is too slow. Note that you add a time counter when you cast Vial. So I recon this is 3-3.

7. H: Angrath's Rampage, Dreadhorde Arcanist, Swamp, Mox Ruby
    7. H: OTP: I win with myr superion beats. OTD: You can destroy vial and win. 3-3
    I'm pretty sure he can make you sac Vial on the draw as well, so I fear this ends in 0-6.

Your total of 15 points is still correct though.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Round 5 of 4CB Season 2, the Vintage Bannathon, has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 5, so you can start sending me your decks.
    You will find standings for round 4 and new bannings based on results from round 4 in the Google Spreadsheet, or a few posts back.

DEADLINE FOR ROUND 5: Wednesday the 15th of May, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S02R05 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post and in the Google Spreadsheet). So keep an eye on what you send in.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, the Google Spreadsheet has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Happy deck designing everybody!

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Actually, on the draw the Pardic dude is too slow. Note that you add a time counter when you cast Vial. So I recon this is 3-3.
    Yes

I'm pretty sure he can make you sac Vial on the draw as well, so I fear this ends in 0-6.

Your total of 15 points is still correct though.
    Yes again.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Yes
    (...)
    Yes again.
    Cool. Thanks for confirming.

Can't wait to post decks for round 5. I have the awesomest 4CB deck ever!
    Also, I need distraction after the tragedy that was last night's football match...

Slight problem: He has to cast Vial on turn 1 because of Chorge mana only being available that turn, so he never gets to add a suspend counter to Pardic Dragon when he is on the play.

That means his calculations are correct and I was wrong.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Slight problem: He has to cast Vial on turn 1 because of Chorge mana only being available that turn, so he never gets to add a suspend counter to Pardic Dragon when he is on the play.

That means his calculations are correct and I was wrong.
    Oh right. Ugh, I just updated everything.

EDIT: Updated everything again with the new information.
    Wrath is now 3rd and Whoshim 4th in the season ranking.
    For bannings it doesn't make a difference, so that's good news.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

what are the rules in 4cb for choosing cards you own from outside of the game?

living wish
    death wish
    cunning wish
    burning wish
    the white one that sucks...
    Karn, the Great Creator
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    what are the rules in 4cb for choosing cards you own from outside of the game?

living wish
    death wish
    cunning wish
    burning wish
    the white one that sucks...
    Karn, the Great Creator
    Well...
    We don't have a sideboard, and the rules about "removed from game" have changed to an "exiled" pile, so those cards are technically still in the game.
    So unfortunately, Wishes and equivalent effects do absolutely nothing.

Sep 2011

Well...
    We don't have a sideboard, and the rules about "removed from game" have changed to an "exiled" pile, so those cards are technically still in the game.
    So unfortunately, Wishes and equivalent effects do absolutely nothing.
    In casual Magic, "outside the game" refers to any card you own in your collection. It's only in sanctioned Constructed tournaments that it means "sideboard". What do you think is appropriate for 4CB?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    In casual Magic, "outside the game" refers to any card you own in your collection. It's only in sanctioned Constructed tournaments that it means "sideboard". What do you think is appropriate for 4CB?
    Are you implying that this is casual?

But on a serious note, I would like to see the Wishes work as they do in casual. Being able to wish for any MtG card would be fun. However, it is a bit impractical because determining the correct lines are all but impossible. Would each opponent have to consider what the person would wish for from all of the cards in Magic?

I think that having a Wish board is probably the best solution for this. Having a Wish board of 4 cards seems appropriate, but not as much fun.

I think a wish board goes against the spirit of this format. Wish boards are fun to devise and play with, but this is a minimalist format. The entire point is to pack functionality into a mere 4 cards. Wish boards make more sense in 75-card constructed formats.

Likewise, as cool as it would be for wishes to grab any MtG card of the appropriate type, determining match outcomes would be a nightmare under this rule, so the rule doesn’t work for this format.

I think Asthereal is right that wishes must do nothing.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Being able to wish for any MtG card would be fun. However, it is a bit impractical because determining the correct lines are all but impossible.
    This is the main reason why having the option to Wish for any card is a bad idea.
    Optimal lines require extensive knowledge about every MtG card ever. That's too much to ask, I think.

I also think the spirit of the format forbids it. You have 4 cards. That's it.

We could try it though. Maybe next season. Perhaps it doesn't matter. Using a card to Wish for another card might not prove to be of much value.

On another note: where are the submissions? Last week I had 5 decks by this point. You guys having a hard time brewing something?

On another note: where are the submissions? Last week I had 5 decks by this point. You guys having a hard time brewing something?
    I hope to have one by the end of the weekend, but I haven't had time to look at things yet. I have some ideas, but I think they are still too slow. They will have to wait for when some more cards get banned.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

I have some ideas and they’ll do well but they arn’t exciting.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Little reminder: two days until the deadline, 4 submissions so far.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

you'll have mine tomorrow as usual

Sep 2011

Little reminder: two days until the deadline, 4 submissions so far.
    You just rules banned my deck, so I need to come up with another one. I'll submit tomorrow.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    You just rules banned my deck, so I need to come up with another one. I'll submit tomorrow.
    Which rules? Now I'm curious.

Sep 2011

Which rules? Now I'm curious.
    The Wish one.

Thread Information