Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125
Results 2,481 to 2,487 of 2487

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    9. silkster: Island, Viscerid Deepwalker, Sea's Claim, Daze
    this deck looks familiar. sea's claim is a blank and we can both pay for daze. no matter who can start attacking first, whichever player is losing the race can hold back to block and turn it into a draw. 2-2

0+3+0+2+6+2+3+2+6 = 24
    This week was unexciting to me. I didn't think about it much. People played slow lands last week (which I thought was crazy then), so I thought it might happen again and I didn't want to throw away my free wins. It turns out that I could have planned better by going bigger into Errant Ephemeron. Damn. Oh well.

Thanks for calculating my points for me, Maxx!

I hope the Evil Presence deck does well enough to get banned too. Oh man, Sea's Claim was a real dud this week. I thought one of them was going to make it.

My math tells me that since the total points by all players this week was 239, there were 6*(10*9)/2 - 239 = 31 draws. That feels like a lot.

Also, 239/(45*2) = 2.6556 means that my piddly score of 2.6667 was actually just slightly above the average.

31 draws is nothing compared to Backbuild rounds.

On the other hand, we are closer to effectively playing chess with cards.

I really wanted to try to take advantage of Arcum's Astrolabe laughing at land hate (see also snow-covered land), but Daze being around stopped me.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    This week was unexciting to me. I didn't think about it much. People played slow lands last week (which I thought was crazy then), so I thought it might happen again and I didn't want to throw away my free wins. It turns out that I could have planned better by going bigger into Errant Ephemeron. Damn. Oh well.

Thanks for calculating my points for me, Maxx!

I hope the Evil Presence deck does well enough to get banned too. Oh man, Sea's Claim was a real dud this week. I thought one of them was going to make it.

My math tells me that since the total points by all players this week was 239, there were 6*(10*9)/2 - 239 = 31 draws. That feels like a lot.

Also, 239/(45*2) = 2.6556 means that my piddly score of 2.6667 was actually just slightly above the average.
    yeah, it looks like both sea's claim and evil presence survive another week. disappointing since they're so oppressive to all the cool (slow) lands, but they're still not winning enough 🤷

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    36? Wow, a lot better than I thought I'd do. Skittering Skirge was an old "joke" card I used to run way back when we were cracking packs of Urza's.
    Looks like big flyers was the right meta call, with everyone else on suspend and deathtouch ground dorks. I was trying to find a way to do better than WL/DD anti-combo fair mirrors while still not losing to combo. Skirge does that well too! (with Duress/Daze to handle unfair decks and removal)

Skittering Skirge is less janky than it looks! I played it back in Urza's Standard suiblack. T1 Dark Rit Duress Skirge was a real thing (also Unmask into Phyrexian Negator). It was basically Delver, before tempo was a thing. Turns out you can just play a T1 threat and ride it to victory backed by disruptive spells, especially in a combo-heavy meta.
    Last edited by FTW; Yesterday at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    yeah, it looks like both sea's claim and evil presence survive another week. disappointing since they're so oppressive to all the cool (slow) lands, but they're still not winning enough 🤷
    It looks like Viscerid Deepwaker, Daze, Desert, Errant Emepheron, Dark Ritural, Duress, and Skittering Skirge are the ones getting the axe this week. At this rate, I think I'd be happy to play Pauper through to the end of round 12. I have my eye on some cards that are really terrible in general, but just might float to the top if enough cards get out of the way.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

At this rate, I think I'd be happy to play Pauper through to the end of round 12. I have my eye on some cards that are really terrible in general, but just might float to the top if enough cards get out of the way.
    +1

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

It looks like Viscerid Deepwaker, Daze, Desert, Errant Emepheron, Dark Ritural, Duress, and Skittering Skirge are the ones getting the axe this week. At this rate, I think I'd be happy to play Pauper through to the end of round 12. I have my eye on some cards that are really terrible in general, but just might float to the top if enough cards get out of the way.
    I wouldn't mind that, but I am interested in also exploring the "Peasant" paradigm too.

Maybe we just do a full season of Pauper then a full season of Peasant?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information