Page 91 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

1. Asthereal (TO): Blinkmoth Nexus, Quicksand, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    2. FTW: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Shrieking Affliction, Mutavault, Smallpox
    3. Wrath of Pie: Mage-Ring Network, Urza's Factory, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    4. Moosedog: Keldon Megaliths, Fungal Reaches, Raging Ravine, Blast Zone
    5. Tylert: Blinkmoth Nexus, Blinkmoth Nexus, Steel Overseer, Phyrexian Revoker
    6. H: Blinkmoth Nexus, Quicksand, Steel Overseer, Memnite

1. Asthereal: DD. revoker on overseer. I never attack and we draw both games. I don't think I can win but at least, this is a clear line to draw. 2-2 --> 2
    2. FTW: If i don't play anything, you kill me with mutavault, if i play something, you kill me with shrieking affliction. I would have drawn this had i played quicksand instead of 2 blinkmoth nexus... but of course, I forgot and was to quick to sublit my deck. 0-6 --> 2
    3. Wrath of Pie: Basically, I can attack with my pumped nexus before you both games and win. I will just ignore anything you do. It kills on turn 7 each time. you can't race this. 6-0 --> 8
    T1 = Nexus. Network.
    T2 = Nexus, Overseer. factory, overseer.
    T3 = Activate nexus, tap overseer (C1), attack Y18. Hangarback, Tap overseer (C1).
    T4 = activate nexus, tap overseer (C2), attack Y15. You can charge hangar back with a counter and tap overseer so it will be 3/3.
    T5 = activate nexus, tap overseer (C3), attack Y11....
    T6 = ...
    T7 = Kill.
    OTD:
    T1 = Network. nexus.
    T2 = Factory, overseer. nexus, overseer.
    T3 = walker, activate overseer (C1). Activate nexus, activate overseer (C1). attack (18).
    T4 = ...
    T5 = ...
    T6 = ...
    T7 = Kill.
    4. Moosedog: OTP: I can play overseer and pump it 2 times before you can do anything to it. Nexus will be 3/3 and kill you before you can kill me.
    OTD: You'll have time to activate ravine once, but it will not be sufficient. 2/2 nexus still beats 1 per turn plus 4 every 5 turns. 6-0 --> 14
    T1 = Nexus. Megaliths.
    T2 = Nexus, overseer. Ravine.
    T3 = activate nexus, activate overseer C1, attack (Y18). Blast zone, Charge blast zone.
    T4 = activate nexus, activate overseer C2, attack (Y15). Fungal reaches, activate blast zone.
    T5 = Activate nexus, attack (Y12). Activate megaliths (M19) Charge Fungal reaches (C1).
    T6 = Y9. M18 C2
    T7 = Y6. M17 C3
    T8 = Y3. M16 C4
    T9 = Kill
    OTP:
    T1 = Megaliths. Nexus.
    T2 = Ravine. Nexus, overseer.
    T3 = Blast zone, Charge blast zone. activate nexus, activate overseer C1, attack (Y18).
    T4 = Fungal reaches, activate blast zone. Activate nexus, attack (Y16).
    T5 = Activate megaliths (M19) Charge Fungal reaches (C1). Activate nexus, attack (Y14).
    T6 = M18 C2. Y12
    T7 = M17 C3. Y10
    T8 = M16 C4. Y8
    T9 = Activate ravine M11. Y6.
    T10 = M10 C1. Y4
    T11 = M9 C2. Y2
    T12 = M8 C3. Kill.
    5. Me.
    6. FTW: DD. revoker names overseer and i never attack to draw. same as with asthereal. Not sure if i can win in anyway but it is a clear line to draw. 2-2 --> 16

Aaaaahhh Had i not forgotten to add quicksand... How dumb can you be to forgot about the optimization you made in the last deck you submitted? :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 7:

That's me, shamelessly stealing tech from others, hopefully for the win.
    If I need it, I play Quicksand so I can stop Mutavault. Other than that I do nothing in order to keep cards in hand so I don't die to Affliction. Two draws. 2-2
    3. Wrath of Pie: Mage-Ring Network, Urza's Factory, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    If Tylert can beat you with a flying Nexus, I can too, as I can make it bigger than he can. EDIT: Did some math, see below. 6-0
    I'll go for Overseer and pump up my Nexus so I can attack and have it not die to the ping land. If you kill my Overseer I have a backup overseer. Should win both I think. 6-0
    You can indeed Revoke Overseers and we just sit there doing nothing. 2-2
    6. H: Blinkmoth Nexus, Quicksand, Steel Overseer, Memnite
    Two Overseers is more than one Overseer. Should be enough. 6-0

Total: 22 points. That's not bad. But I might be missing tons of lines. I'm posting this from work in between work stuff.

Did some math. Feel free to suggest other lines.
    Against Wrath OTD with the plan for Wrath to try attacking and forcing me to block Walker in order to generate many 1/1 flying tokens:

W: Factory
    A: Nexus
    W: Network, Overseer
    A: Sand, Overseer
    W: Walker, both 2/2
    A: Overseer, both 2/2
    W: W 4/4, O 3/3
    A: Activate Nexus, O's 4/4, Nexus 3/3, Nexus attack, W=17
    W: W 6/6, O 4/4
    A: Activate Nexus, O's 6/6, Nexus 5/5, Nexus attack, W=12
    W: Attack now? With both? I'll let them through, A=10
    A: Activate Nexus, keep one O for defense, other one activates, O's 7/7, Nexus 6/6, Nexus attack, W=6
    W: Now you can attack but I'll only block the Overseer and win on the next turn.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 02-26-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

Oh man, I even submitted Blinkmoth Nexus first and changed it to Mutavault. Blinkmoth gets easy wins vs Quicksand. Would Nexus have been 6-0s across the board?

1. Asthereal (TO): I play T1 Affliction. If you hold back cards, I beatdown with Mutavault. If you play out 2 lands (and 1 Overseer or not), I cast Smallpox. Smallpox wrecks your board and cuts you off any threats (can't cast Overseer, can't activate Nexus), leaving you with 1 card in hand to turn on Affliction. Your only line is to play nothing but Quicksand for the draw. DD 2-2
    3. Wrath of Pie: I play T1 Affliction. If you hold back cards, Mutavault beatdown. If you play a 2nd land (and a creature or not), I Smallpox you out of the game, leaving you with 0-1 cards in hand (turning on Affliction) and 1 land unable to produce any threats. Your best line is to play Hangarback X=1 so Smallpox leaves you with a 1/1 token, but Affliction races that. WW 6-0
    4. Moosedog: I play T1 Affliction. If you hold back cards, Mutavault beatdown. If you play a 2nd land, I Smallpox the turn after, killing a land and a card in hand. You save Blast Zone and the storage land to trade with Affliction. DD 2-2
    5. Tylert: I play T1 Affliction. If you hold back cards, Mutavault beatdown. If you play a 2nd land (and a creature or not), I Smallpox you out of the game and Affliction kills you. WW 6-0
    6. H: Same as Asthereal. Quicksand gets you the draw because I switched to Mutavault. DD 2-2

18 points (4 wins, 6 draws)

Edit: Draw against Moosedog
    Last edited by FTW; 02-27-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

Oh man, I even submitted Blinkmoth Nexus first and changed it to Mutavault. Blinkmoth gets easy wins vs Quicksand. Would Nexus have been 6-0s across the board?
    Looks like it, yes.

I saw your change coming in and internally celebrated a bit, I have to admit.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

6. H: Same as Asthereal. Quicksand gets you the draw because I switched to Mutavault. DD 2-2
    Couldn't I possibly win on the play? If you turn two Smallpox, I sac the Memnite and then start growing the Overseer. Can that race the Affliction? Hmm, maybe not actually, I'd only have 7 turns to win and I don't think Overseer can grow itself big enough in time.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Couldn't I possibly win on the play? If you turn two Smallpox, I sac the Memnite and then start growing the Overseer. Can that race the Affliction? Hmm, maybe not actually, I'd only have 7 turns to win and I don't think Overseer can grow itself big enough in time.
    Affliction hits on your upkeep before you attack, so it's hard to race.

You - Land, Memnite, Overseer
    Me - Smallpox [H=19, F=19]

Then...
    Overseer 2/2 [H=16]
    Overseer 3/3 [H=13] (2/2 would take 10 attacks)
    Overseer 4/4 [H=10] (3/3 would take 7 attacks)
    Attack for 4 [H=7, F=15] (4/4 is just 5 attacks and 5/5 is 4 attacks, same clock)
    Attack for 4 [H=4, F=11]
    Attack for 4 [H=1, F=7]
    Affliction kills you

Even OTP and getting an attack in with Memnite first, Overseer is too slow.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    EDIT: FTW was faster. He's right though.

Let's do the math:

H: Land, Memnite
    F: Urb, Affliction
    H: Land, Overseer, attack with 'Nite (F=19)
    F: Muta, Smallpox, F=18, H=19
    H: H=16, make Overseer 2/2 (10 turn clock)
    F: from here, Affliction is a 6 turn clock
    H: H=13, make Overseer 3/3 (6 turn clock)
    F: from here, Affliction is a 5 turn clock
    H: H=10, make Overseer 4/4 (5 turn clock)
    F: from here, Affliction is a 4 turn clock
    H: H=7, make Overseer 5/5 (4 turn clock)
    F: from here, Affliction is a 3 turn clock
    H: H=4, make Overseer 6/6 (3 turn clock)

Nope. Affliction is just a tiny bit too fast.

1. Asthereal (TO): Blinkmoth Nexus, Quicksand, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer LL
    2. FTW: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Shrieking Affliction, Mutavault, Smallpox LL
    4. Moosedog: Keldon Megaliths, Fungal Reaches, Raging Ravine, Blast Zone WW - Keldon Megaliths has hellbent, so I always have a 2/2 at minimum and can win from there.
    5. Tylert: Blinkmoth Nexus, Blinkmoth Nexus, Steel Overseer, Phyrexian Revoker LL
    6. H: Blinkmoth Nexus, Quicksand, Steel Overseer, Memnite LL

2w = 6 points

Guess lategame matters little when I am facing Blinkmoth beatdown.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 02-26-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

4. Moosedog: Keldon Megaliths, Fungal Reaches, Raging Ravine, Blast Zone WL - Keldon Megaliths is really good against me unless I can make Hangarback a 2/2 to survive it.
    Megaliths is very slow though. It needs hellbent, so it only works from turn 4 onwards. Doesn't that help you to more than just one win?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Megaliths is very slow though. It needs hellbent, so it only works from turn 4 onwards. Doesn't that help you to more than just one win?
    Moose vs Wrath

M - Tapped Megaliths
    W - Land

M - 2nd land
    W - Overseer

M - 3rd land. Not Hellbent yet
    W - Hangarback X=1, then Overseer makes both 2/2s

Seems like WW for Wrath

Sep 2011

Guess lategame matters little when I am facing Blinkmoth beatdown.
    But you have Hangarback Walker beatdown while Overseer grows both. Shouldn't that help, at least OTP?

If they block and trade (or even block with bigger and kill you), you get 1/1 flying tokens to stop Blinkmoth beatdown. Tokens + Overseer should be a win for you, so they can't let Walker die. That means you can keep attacking every turn with a growing Walker and have it unblocked, so is that any faster than Blinkmoth?

The math is complicated but there must be some wins there, especially against Memnite.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Moose vs Wrath

M - Tapped Megaliths
    W - Land

M - 2nd land
    W - Overseer

M - 3rd land. Not Hellbent yet
    W - Hangarback X=1, then Overseer makes both 2/2s

Seems like WW for Wrath
    Yeah I did the math, it's the same as all people with 1 artifact threat and 1 overseer.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

But you have Hangarback Walker beatdown while Overseer grows both. Shouldn't that help, at least OTP?

If they block and trade (or even block with bigger and kill you), you get 1/1 flying tokens to stop Blinkmoth beatdown. Tokens + Overseer should be a win for you, so they can't let Walker die. That means you can keep attacking every turn with a growing Walker and have it unblocked, so is that any faster than Blinkmoth?

The math is complicated but there must be some wins there, especially against Memnite.
    If he only grows Walker through overseer, Blinkmoth attacks OTP and OTD first so he looses.
    I've remade the maths and found that if he grows Walker once by himself (plus of course Overseer counter), he will win on the OTP.

example:

OTD:
    T1 = Nexus. Network.
    T2 = Nexus, Overseer. factory, overseer.
    T3 = Activate nexus, tap overseer (C1), attack Y18. Hangarback, Tap overseer (C1).
    T4 = activate nexus, tap overseer (C2), attack Y15. You can charge hangar back with a counter and tap overseer so it will be 4/4 (C2 H1).
    T5 = activate nexus, tap overseer (C3), attack Y11. Attack with both (M13)
    T6 = attack with both (Y3). attack with both (M6)
    T7 = Kill.

OTP:
    T1 = Network. nexus.
    T2 = Factory, overseer. nexus, overseer.
    T3 = walker, activate overseer (C1). Activate nexus, activate overseer (C1). attack (Y18).
    T4 = Tap Walker (H1) activate overseer (C2). Activate nexus, activate overseer (C2). attack (Y15)
    T5 = Attack with both (M13). Attack with both (Y9)
    T6 = attack with both (M6). Attack with both (Y3)
    T7 = Kill.

So it means it's a 3/3 i guess vs all nexus + overseer decks, except for You because you have a free memnite and you can block 1 turn.

Do you all agree?

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

1. Asthereal (TO) – LL (Blinkmoth keeps counters and I’m still learning how to play this game, ha.)
    2. FTW- I believe I can force a draw both games. Me OTP, I lead with tapped land - you lead with affliction, I play tapped land. You cast smallpox. I go to one card discarding megaliths and sacrificing ravine. You sacrifice on of your lands so cannot activate mutavault. I add counter to fungal reaches until I can blow blast zone killing Affliction before it kills me. Draw
    OTD – T1 – Cast Affliction.
    T1- tapped land
    T2attack with mutavault (18)
    T2-I play land pass. (2 cards in hand)
    T3 – Attack with mutavault (16)
    T3- Play land – add storage counter
    T4- Attack with mutavault (14)
    T4-(I take 3 from affliction). (11) play land. Blow blast zone kill affliction.
    T5-Attack with vault (9)
    T5-I add another counter to storage land (2 storage)
    T6-Attack with vault (7)
    T6- Add storage counter (3 storage)
    T7-Attack with vault (5)
    T7 Add storage counter (4 storage)
    T8- Attack with vault (3)
    T8-I can now block the mutavault and if you small pox I go to (2 life) and I will keep storage land and ravine.

If you small pox earlier I will always be able to keep the storage land and blast zone to force the draw.
    Let me know if that line makes sense?

3. Wrath – I take out your overseer with blast zone, but walker crushes me. (Nice idea with the storage counters and walker) LL
    4. ME
    5. Tylert: LL (Blinkmoth keeps counters and I’m still learning how to play this game, ha.)
    6. H – I can blast zone memnite or overseer but not both and either one would be too big for megaliths to hit. You take both. LL

And despite appearances, I’m not going to only use lands every time, ha. (Blast zone just seems really good, but after enough loses I have to move on)
    Last edited by Moosedog; 02-26-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    5. Tylert: I use blast zone to take out overseer, and then megaliths will kill revoker and keep nexus in check while I pump up reaches for the win. WW
    Did you check my post? :)
    You're a bit too slow to kill overseer with blast zone before it can pump other creatures...

OTD: You'll have time to activate ravine once, but it will not be sufficient. 2/2 nexus still beats 1 per turn plus 4 every 5 turns. 6-0 --> 14
    T1 = Nexus. Megaliths.
    T2 = Nexus, overseer. Ravine.
    T3 = activate nexus, activate overseer C1, attack (Y18). Blast zone, Charge blast zone.
    T4 = activate nexus, activate overseer C2, attack (Y15). Fungal reaches, activate blast zone.
    T5 = Activate nexus, attack (Y12). Activate megaliths (M19) Charge Fungal reaches (C1).
    T6 = Y9. M18 C2
    T7 = Y6. M17 C3
    T8 = Y3. M16 C4
    T9 = Kill
    OTP:
    T1 = Megaliths. Nexus.
    T2 = Ravine. Nexus, overseer.
    T3 = Blast zone, Charge blast zone. activate nexus, activate overseer C1, attack (Y18).
    T4 = Fungal reaches, activate blast zone. Activate nexus, attack (Y16).
    T5 = Activate megaliths (M19) Charge Fungal reaches (C1). Activate nexus, attack (Y14).
    T6 = M18 C2. Y12
    T7 = M17 C3. Y10
    T8 = M16 C4. Y8
    T9 = Activate ravine M11. Y6.
    T10 = M10 C1. Y4
    T11 = M9 C2. Y2
    T12 = M8 C3. Kill.

I think it applies to other confrontations too...

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Looks like 0-6, can't race.

2-2, can't race Affliction.

Not 100% sure I think I win the race, since I have an extra chump block in Memnite. 6-0?

Blast Zone is a but too slow in killing the Overseer to not have my other threats be able to race. 6-0

2-2, Revoker.

6. H: Bye, myself.

16? Might be 13 though, Steel Overseer mirror math is stupid.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Indeed it does, I forgot about the hellbent for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post

And despite appearances, I’m not going to only use lands every time, ha. (Blast zone just seems really good, but after enough loses I have to move on)
    Blast Zone has a problem in that it is really slow, and it requires 3 mana to activate, which is a limiting factor. I think the card you really want in that slot is Ensnaring Bridge, because most hands win through combat, and that gets around people holding back permanents because of Blast Zone.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Did you check my post? :)
    You're a bit too slow to kill overseer with blast zone before it can pump other creatures...

I think it applies to other confrontations too...
    I guess I'm missing something, but the nexus does not retain the counters. So I can kill the nexus with the megaliths - not race it. And I can wait and activate ravine once adding 17 counters for one attack.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

Blast Zone has a problem in that it is really slow, and it requires 3 mana to activate, which is a limiting factor. I think the card you really want in that slot is Ensnaring Bridge, because most hands win through combat, and that gets around people holding back permanents because of Blast Zone.
    Good point. Assuming my opponent will give me time to get situated is definitely a stretch.

Thread Information