Page 30 of 332 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    The point is it becomes a "turn 0" format. Either you have a turn 0 answer or you lose the game before your first draw step. Sounds like a stale format.
    It would be a stale format if that was all we did, but in round 4 or 5 stuff like Island will get banned. This gets interesting very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Shelldock Isle should most definitely be banned.
    As discussed, I will be more vigilant in banning cards.
    So I suggest for next round I ban:
    - Shelldock Isle
    - Blazing Shoal (turn 2 kills are a bit too much in my opinion)

Is everybody cool with this?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Inkmoth Nexus, Mountain, Blazing Shoal, Greater Gargadon
    2. Wrath of Pie: Shelldock Isle, Chronomaton, Lion's Eye Diamond, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    3. FTW: City of Traitors, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites, Inkwell Leviathan
    4. Whoshim: Nether Spirit, Lingering Souls, Lion's Eye Diamond, Bridge From Below
    5. spirit of the wretch: Swamp, Chronomaton, Encroach, Fourth Bridge Prowler
    6. H: Swamp, Encroach, Shrieking Affliction, Chronomaton
    7. Tylert: City of traitors, Sphere of resistance, Chronomaton, Pithing needle
    8. apple713: city of traitors, lion’s eye diamond, From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

1. Asthereal: Pithing needle on nexus and chrono races gargadon? = WW
    2. Wrath of pie: Pithing needle on sheldock + Sphere of resistance = WW
    3. FTW: LL pithing needle doesn't affect LED. silly me. = LL
    4. Whoshim: SPhere of resistance T1 = win, loss on the draw = WL
    5. Spirit of the wretch: WIn OTP because of sphere, loss on the draw = WL
    6. H: Sphere otp wins, otd you take my land = WL
    7. me
    8. apple713: I'd say LL

Total = 21

4. Whoshim: Nether Spirit, Lingering Souls, Lion's Eye Diamond, Bridge From Below

1. Asthereal (TO): Inkmoth Nexus, Mountain, Blazing Shoal, Greater Gargadon 6-0

2. Wrath of Pie: Shelldock Isle, Chronomaton, Lion's Eye Diamond, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre 0-6

3. FTW: City of Traitors, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites, Inkwell Leviathan You are mistaken. On the play, you can race me. It is 3-3 (I had this same matchup in Round 3, and that was the decision then also.)

5. spirit of the wretch: Swamp, Chronomaton, Encroach, Fourth Bridge Prowler 6-0

6. H: Swamp, Encroach, Shrieking Affliction, Chronomaton 0-6 You win both. I have to swing to race Shrieking Affliction, but that allows you to chip in with Chronomaton, equalling my damage output. Shrieking Affliction is also able to hit me before I can hit you, even when I am on the play, so I am always too far behind.

7. Tylert: City of traitors, Sphere of resistance, Chronomaton, Pithing needle 3-3

8. apple713: city of traitors, lion’s eye diamond, From Under the Floorboards, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 0-6

Total: 18 (of 42 possible)

Shelldock seems too strong, but I don't know that Blazing Shoal is.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Updated the Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Standings for round 6, if all is correct:
    1. Wrath of Pie: 33, 5 season points
    2. apple713: 24, 3 season points
    3. Tylert: 21, 2 season points
    3. Asthereal: 21, 2 season points
    3. FTW: 21, 2 season points
    6. Whoshim: 18
    7. spirit of the wretch: 15
    7. H: 15

Also, with his (or her, not sure actually...) win in round 5, Wrath of Pie takes the lead in the season.
    And judging from these preliminary standings for round 6, that's not going to change anytime soon.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Standings for round 6, if all is correct:
    Looks like I have 21 points actually. I got the match with Whosim wrong, didn't bother to work through the math.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Looks like I have 21 points actually. I got the match with Whosim wrong, didn't bother to work through the math.
    That's worth 2 season points. Not bad.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

How come FTW has points! he's supposed to be relegated to the "Finished 9th because of Tiebreackers %" place as allways.
    Something is wrong, please someone redo his maths!

Also, with his (or her, not sure actually...) win in round 5, Wrath of Pie takes the lead in the season.
    And judging from these preliminary standings for round 6, that's not going to change anytime soon.
    Last I checked, I was male. Gender is a really complicated thing though, so who knows what the answer will be in the future.

(I think Blazing Shoal is actually fine, because it is very vulnerable to disruption.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Last I checked, I was male. Gender is a really complicated thing though, so who knows what the answer will be in the future.

(I think Blazing Shoal is actually fine, because it is very vulnerable to disruption.)
    Yeah, that kind of thing is really hard to see through plain text on a forum.

But more importantly, it looks like most here are fine with Shelldock getting the axe, but feel Blazing Shoal is acceptable.
    I'll kick the Isle out then and keep Shoal for round 7. We can still murder it for the final round in the season.

I'll cough up a deck for round 7 and open it up for submissions.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 7 of Season 1 (Legacy) FOUR CARD BLIND has started!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for the round.
    So... you can all start PM'ing me your submission for this 7th round.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 3rd of April, at 6:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Just send me the deck Tuesday evening latest, you'll be fine).

PLEASE NOTE:
    - The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Goblin Guide, Mogg Fanatic, Pithing Needle, Cavern of Souls (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S01R07 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!
    - The banned list (you'll find it in the second post). Don't send in illegal decks. I might catch it and notify you, but if I overlook it, you miss out on the round.
    There are many changes for round 7: Daze, Dark Ritual, Reanimate and Trinisphere are unbanned, and Shelldock Isle is now banned.
    The banned list is open for discussion. Cards of the current watchlist are: Lion's Eye Diamond, Eureka, Force of Will, Misthollow Griffin, Leyline of Singularity, Blazing Shoal and Elixir of Immortality.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.

If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Little wake-up call: about 20 hours until the deadline, 5 entries so far for round 7.

These should be the standings for round 6:
    1. Wrath of Pie: 33, 5 season points
    2. apple713: 24, 3 season points
    3. Tylert: 21, 2 season points
    3. Asthereal: 21, 2 season points
    3. FTW: 21, 2 season points
    6. Whoshim: 18
    7. spirit of the wretch: 15
    7. H: 15

So that's a generous round, with three players on shared third, all picking up 2 season points.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I will send you something this afternoon. Got hard pressed by my work and did not manage to find time to do my usual math...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

We're at 8 entries now.

I'm a tad busy at work, so I'll post decks later.
    If someone still wants to send in, I can give you a few more hours.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Alright, here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 7:

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep
    2. Wrath of Pie: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Cenn's Tactician, Tethered Griffin
    3. FTW: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton
    4. alvoi: Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere
    5. Whoshim: Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot
    6. Tylert: City of traitors, Phyrexian revoker, Sphere of resistance, chronomaton
    7. H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island
    8. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer

Welcome, alvoi, to our little contest of madness!
    I see you've made good use of our recent unbannings.
    I hope you do well!

To all: please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I have updated the Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's results for round 7:

1. Asthereal (TO): that's me, unashamedly stealing a deck from round one: Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep
    2. Wrath of Pie: We stop eachothers threats for two draws. 2-2
    3. FTW: We stop eachothers threats for two draws. 2-2
    4. alvoi: I actually don't even need to stop Trini. The Griffin just races the Memnite. 6-0
    5. Whoshim: Very meta-anticipating, this deck. Glad I didn't go for an unbanned things. Griffin races the goblin. 6-0
    6. Tylert: If you wait with Sphere, I counter the rest and win. So you lead with Sphere. I Force. I Misstep the Chrono. Revoker lands, and Griffin is too late to start the race so I guess we draw? 2-2
    7. H: I have to Misstep the Claim. Afterwards you keep Force back to stop my threat for two draws. 2-2
    8. apple713: I let Scepter resolve and don't play anything. Force the Overseer for the draw. 2-2

So I guess that's 22 points.
    Many draws, but undefeated feels solid I guess.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-03-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Opponent OTP OTD Explanation
    1. Asthereal (TO) *Saprazzan Cove,*Misthollow Griffin,*Force of Will,*Mental Misstep D D Force my overseer to take the draw. If you don't you'll lose the race.
    2. Wrath of Pie *Leyline of Singularity,*Karakas,*Cenn's Tactician,*Tethered Griffin W W Trophy destorys everything
    3. FTW *Force of Will,*Leyline of Singularity,*Karakas,*Chronomaton D D Force my overseer to take the draw.
    4. alvoi *Memnite,*Snow-Covered Swamp,*Dark Ritual,*Trinisphere W L Overseer wins OTP and I'm locked out OTD.
    5. Whoshim *Chancellor of the Forge,*Dodecapod,*Faerie Macabre,*Gut Shot D D Gut always kills Overseer
    6. Tylert *City of traitors,*Phyrexian revoker,*Sphere of resistance,*chronomaton L L Revoker on overseer + Sphere > Scepter
    7. H *Force of Will,*Sea's Claim,*Judge's Familiar,*Island D D Force my overseer to take the draw. If you don't you'll lose the race.
    8. apple713 *City of Traitors,*Isochron Scepter,*Assassin's Trophy,*Steel Overseer X X
    Total Points: 17
    Win: 40.48%

This round was pitiful for me.

@Asthereal - Thanks for putting my scores in the spreadsheet.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep
    2. Wrath of Pie: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Cenn's Tactician, Tethered Griffin
    3. FTW: Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton
    4. alvoi: Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere
    5. Whoshim: Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot
    6. Tylert: City of traitors, Phyrexian revoker, Sphere of resistance, chronomaton
    7. H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island
    8. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer

1. Asthereal: OTP: T1 = I play sphere, you have to force because if you don't, chronomaton resolves next turn and you loose. (19) You play Cove. T2 = i play revoker naming "Flbflffbfp", You add acounter on cove (1) T3 = I attack (17), try to cast chronomaton that you counter (15), you add a counter (2). T4 = I attack (15), you add a counter (3) T5 = I attack (13), + counter (4), T6 = Attack (11), counter (5) T7 = attack (9), cast griffin. You need 7 attacks to kill me, i need 5 only so standoff. OTD = You win this one because casting sphere there will not help me. 2-2 --> 2
    2. Wrath of pie: OTP i can cast sphere and you cannot win, but i cannot too. OTD, you can play a threat and i loose. 1-4 --> 3
    3. FTW: OTP i cast sphere if you FoW it i win because i have two threats. if you let it resolve, it's a stand off. 1-4 --> 4
    4. Alvoi: On the play, i cast sphere or chronomaton and wins. Otp, you cast trinisphere and win. 3-3 --> 7
    5. Whoshim: If i play sphere T1 otp and otd, chronomaton will race your 1/1. 6-0 --> 13
    6. me
    7. H: OTP: I play revoker T1, if you FoW it, I cast chronomaton and proceed to win. So you don't fow it and play familiar and it's a stand off. OTD: You play Familliar, i play revoker. You don't fow it because you'll loose to chronomaton. I play chronomaton, you FoW it and it's a stand off. 2-2 --> 15
    8. apple713: OTP: Sphere of resistance T1 for the Win. OTD: If you play overseer T1, i play revoker on overseer and then sphere so that you can't pay for the casting cost of the copy. If you play Scepter T1, i cast sphere T1 and chronomaton FTW. 6-0 --> 21

Total 21.
    Last edited by Tylert; 04-03-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

H: Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Judge's Familiar, Island

1. Asthereal (TO): (Saprazzan Cove, Misthollow Griffin, Force of Will, Mental Misstep)
    Looks like a double draw, because once Misstep deals with Claim, casting Griffin means no other Blue card to Force with. 2-2 (2)
    2. Wrath of Pie: (Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Cenn's Tactician, Tethered Griffin)
    I think I can force a draw on the play, by leading with Familiar. Bouncing Familiar would have him lose to Claim, playing Tactician the same, so he plays Griffin and so I sac Familar, then Claim his land and it's a draw. On the draw though, I think I force another draw, by Force pitching Familar on whatever he plays fist, then Claiming. 2-2 (4)
    3. FTW: (Force of Will, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Chronomaton)
    I don't think, like above, Leyline is good in play here, so on the play, he would keep it in hand, I play Familiar. If he Forces, I can then Force his Chrono, if he doesn't, I can counter Chrono with Familar. I think this is two draws. 1-3 (5)
    4. alvoi: (Memnite, Snow-Covered Swamp, Dark Ritual, Trinisphere)
    I win on the play, since I Familar, he has to play Memnite before Trini and so I force it and Trini can resolve all it wants. On the Draw, I have to Force Trini, so it's a draw as Familar and Memnite just face off. 3-1 (8)
    5. Whoshim: (Chancellor of the Forge, Dodecapod, Faerie Macabre, Gut Shot)
    I think this is two draw, as I play the Familar and Force the Gut Shot. 2-2 (10)
    EDIT: Hmm, seems this would also be a draw, I forgot that if he plays Sphere he can't cast Revoker it seems... 2-2 (12)
    7. H: Bye, myself.
    8. apple713: (City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer)
    Double draw I believe. I lead on Familiar, if he plays Scepter he loses to Claim, so he plays Overseer and I either Force and am stuck to Scepter or I Familiar. Either way it's a draw. On the draw, well, it's basically the same situation really, so should be a double draw. 2-2 (14)

Perfect draws across the board? Nope, i rudely won one game it seems (and lost one),
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post

1. Asthereal: OTP: T1 = I play sphere, you have to force because if you don't, chronomaton resolves next turn and you loose. (19) You play Cove. T2 = i play revoker naming "Flbflffbfp", You add acounter on cove (1) T3 = I attack (17), try to cast chronomaton that you counter (15), you add a counter (2). T4 = I attack (15), you add a counter (3) T5 = I attack (13), + counter (4), T6 = Attack (11), counter (5) T7 = attack (9), cast griffin. You need 7 attacks to kill me, i need 5 only so standoff. OTD = You win this one because casting sphere there will not help me. 1-4 --> 1
    I don't see how Sphere doesn't do anything OTD.

A: Cove (tapped)
    T: Sphere (resolves)
    A: Untap Cove, wait
    T: Cast Chrono, A responds by being annoyed?
    No counter on Cove yet means I don't have Sphere mana.

So I think I have to Force Sphere and we get the same standoff. If my calcs are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Damn, nearly perfect draws across the board...
    Maybe we could introduce a Pacifier bonus for someone who manages to make only draws. We could award season points for that.

Also, if you win a game against alvoi, that gains you more points than 2.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Maybe we could introduce a Pacifier bonus for someone who manages to make only draws. We could award season points for that.

Last minute deck submission, had a feeling this might happen. Well, if TylerT is right, I did get perfect draws. I thought I would lose to Sphere, but maybe not...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information