Page 76 of 332 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Good news: no Shrieking Affliction this round.

Bad news: there is a card with worse matchup math than Affliction this round.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

A little under 24 hours until the deadline, and we're at 4 entries. Don't be late!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I'll send something tonight.
    Just need to decide which meta deck I will use.
    There are interresting cards in this round, and it doesn't look as bad as the previous one :)

@Wrath Of Pie: I can't find the card you're talking about... i've some suspicions but i've some counterdecks also that are not ridiculous.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I got tired of thinking about it and just went ultra-low effort on this one.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I got tired of thinking about it and just went ultra-low effort on this one.
    Does that imply that I should play legion's end this round? :)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Does that imply that I should play legion's end this round? :)
    It means you should play at least two,

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 6 OF THE BLOCK TOUR Part 2: Modern Core "block" (Magic Origins, Core Set 2019, Core Set 2020)

Asthereal (TO): Jungle Hollow, Swamp, Druid of the Cowl, Rotting Regisaur
    Wrath of Pie: Foundry of the Consuls, Mage-Ring Network, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    Unlif3: Bloodfell Caves, Mage-Ring Network, Marauding Raptor, Rotting Regisaur
    square_two: Mage-Ring Network, Blossoming Sands, Jungle Hollow, Nightpack Ambusher
    H: Swamp, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Infernal Reckoning
    GoblinSmashmaster: Mage-Ring Network, Foundry of the Consuls, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    Tylert: Jungle Hollow, Sedge scorpion, Sedge scorpion, Vampire of the dire moon
    FTW: Swamp, Disfigure, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Diregraf Ghoul

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's results for round 6:

That's me, missing the entire point of this round, by the looks of it.
    Wrath of Pie: Foundry of the Consuls, Mage-Ring Network, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    This races me, if my quick math is right. 0-6
    Slightly improved version of my deck, but not improved enough to beat me. Regisaurs trade, Druid blocks Raptor eternally once the coast is clear. 2-2
    square_two: Mage-Ring Network, Blossoming Sands, Jungle Hollow, Nightpack Ambusher
    If my qukck math is right, you're just in time to start making wolf tokens. 0-6
    H: Swamp, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Infernal Reckoning
    Vampires trade with my team. 2-2
    GoblinSmashmaster: Mage-Ring Network, Foundry of the Consuls, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    More Overseer dudes. 0-6
    Why not just play three Vampires? Not that it really matters though. 0-6
    I make my team. Then, if you attack with Vampire, I counter-attack the turn after with Regisaur. So we end up in a standoff. 2-2

Total: 6 points?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

How come i did not see Hangar back Walker :)
    I thought the problematic card was Steel overseer :)

1) Asthereal (TO): Jungle Hollow, Swamp, Druid of the Cowl, Rotting Regisaur
    2) Wrath of Pie: Foundry of the Consuls, Mage-Ring Network, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    3) Unlif3: Bloodfell Caves, Mage-Ring Network, Marauding Raptor, Rotting Regisaur
    4) square_two: Mage-Ring Network, Blossoming Sands, Jungle Hollow, Nightpack Ambusher
    5) H: Swamp, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Infernal Reckoning
    6) GoblinSmashmaster: Mage-Ring Network, Foundry of the Consuls, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer
    7) Tylert: Jungle Hollow, Sedge scorpion, Sedge scorpion, Vampire of the dire moon
    8) FTW: Swamp, Disfigure, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Diregraf Ghoul

1) Asthereal (TO): I have 3 threats that do take care of your two threats. 6-0 --> 6
    2) Wrath of pie: Nice deck. Foundry of the counsuls is the tech. 0-6, you just need to grow a bit hangar back walker and block at some point in time and have a lot of unblockable 1/1. --> 6
    3) Unlif3: I have three threats, you have 2. they trade, i win. 6-0 --> 12
    4) square_two: OTP: Can't kill you before you start blocking my 1/1 and can't just defend for the draw. 0-6 --> 12
    5) H: Ahah in this meta, this deck is better than mine :) However, it looses to mine :) I have three threats, you have two. I win. 6-0 --> 18
    6) GoblinSmashmaster: Nice deck. 0-6 --> 18
    7) ME.
    8) FTW: Draw. 2 threats and 1 removal vs 3 threats. 2-2 --> 20

Total = 20

For those wondering, I played the 2 scorpions / 1 vampire version of the better 3 vampires deck because i was worried about legion's end. And i played 2 scorpions because vampire is the better option and i wanted my opponent to use legion's end on scorpion. I don't think that when you are playing 1/1 deathtouchers lifelink matters a lot anyway.

The Raptor / regisaur deck was cool. That's what i had my eyes on at the beginning. However it was raced by double overseer or by Walker + overseer, or my small deathtouch team (and even the nightpack ambusher deck which is ballsy... but no one plays removal anyway).

Unfortunately, my Raptor is a point of damage shy of killing Cowl. 2-2

Edit : 0-6

That's me with super-dino-squad.

OTP : Caves, Un.life=21 / tapland #1, s2.life=21
    Network, Raptor / Network, Network=1
    Regisaur, Raptor is 4/3, s2.life=17 / tapland#2, s2.life=18, network=2
    Swing for 9, s2.life=9 / Ambusher, no wolf this turn
    Swing with Regisaur, s2.life=2 / eot Wolf
    Swing with Regisaur, you have to chump with Wolf / eot Wolf - you can't attack with the Ambusher or the Raptor backstrike gets there. => D

OTD you should get a token one turn earlier which should be enough to seal the deal. 1-4

My Dinos are touched in a deadly way under a dire moon, but they're too colorful to be reckoned. 2-2

Edit : 0-6

MOAR DEATHTOUCH 0-6

Pls no disfigurino mi dinos.
    If I attack with my Regisaur, I trade with your glorified Typhoid Rats and then have my Raptor get Disfigured in a battle versus a Ghoul but if I stay at bay you can't afford to attack or I'll back strike with FULL DINO FORCE(tm).
    So Regisaur stays at bay while we stare at each other for a double draw. 2-2

Assuming math is correct, this is a mere 7 points there.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    OTP : tapland (Un.life=21) / land #1
    network, Regisaur / land #2, Overseer
    Regisaur, boosts Raptor, W.life=16 / Hangarback (X = 1), tap Overseer (Seer 2/2, HW 2/2)
    Swing, you have no interest in blocking yet, W.life=7 / Network=1, wait
    Attack with dinos, you have to block Regisaur anyhow. My guess would be that Overseer chumps Regisaur, Hangarback bodies Raptor, double tap (HW = 4/4) / Network=2, wait
    Swing, you have to block-pump with the now 5/5 Walker => token.count=5 / Attack with fliers (Un.life=17), 1 token stays at bay, Network=3
    Swing, token.count=4 / Un.life=11, Network=4
    Swing, token.count=3 / Un.life=9, Network=5
    Swing, token.count=2 / Un.life=8, crack Foundry, token.count=4
    From there you're able to deal 3+2+1, meaning i should remain at 2 life before swinging for lethal.

OTD you can get the trade with HW vs. Regisaur and win from there. 3-3
    I had thought about this deck and I don't think you win either. I'll have to do a better analysis, but there isn't any reason I had seen for there to be a chump with Overseer on Regisaur. The more optimal line, I think, is the chump with a 2/2 Walker and use it to pump itself to a 3/3. Once it's dead, use Overseer to make three 2/2's and Overseer a 3/3. That means taking an additional hit from Raptor, but that should only lead to Wrath's life going from 7 to 5, largely irrelevant.

Once this happens, you could attack with the Dinos, but Overseer kills Raptor and Thopters trade with Regisaur and you can't win. You also can't win by not attacking, since then everything just grows out of hand, plus the issue of the Foundry.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I had thought about this deck and I don't think you win either. I'll have to do a better analysis, but there isn't any reason I had seen for there to be a chump with Overseer on Regisaur. The more optimal line, I think, is the chump with a 2/2 Walker and use it to pump itself to a 3/3. Once it's dead, use Overseer to make three 2/2's and Overseer a 3/3. That means taking an additional hit from Raptor, but that should only lead to Wrath's life going from 7 to 5, largely irrelevant.

Once this happens, you could attack with the Dinos, but Overseer kills Raptor and Thopters trade with Regisaur and you can't win. You also can't win by not attacking, since then everything just grows out of hand, plus the issue of the Foundry.
    I have overlooked the fact that Overseer does also grow tokens.
    I'm 0-6 in both matches, correcting.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

OTP : tapland (Un.life=21) / land #1
    network, Regisaur / land #2, Overseer
    Regisaur, boosts Raptor, W.life=16 / Hangarback (X = 1), tap Overseer (Seer 2/2, HW 2/2)
    Swing, you have no interest in blocking yet, W.life=7 / Network=1, wait
    Attack with dinos, you have to block Regisaur anyhow. My guess would be that Overseer chumps Regisaur, Hangarback bodies Raptor, double tap (HW = 4/4) / Network=2, wait
    Swing, you have to block-pump with the now 5/5 Walker => token.count=5 / Attack with fliers (Un.life=17), 1 token stays at bay, Network=3
    Swing, token.count=4 / Un.life=11, Network=4
    Swing, token.count=3 / Un.life=9, Network=5
    Swing, token.count=2 / Un.life=8, crack Foundry, token.count=4
    From there you're able to deal 3+2+1, meaning i should remain at 2 life before swinging for lethal.

OTD you can get the trade with HW vs. Regisaur and win from there. 3-3
    I think he can win on when you are OTP:

T1 = Caves (M21). foundry.
    T2 = network, Raptor. Network, Overseer
    T3 = regisaur, attack (Y16). walker 1/1, Use overseer: Walker 2/2, overseer 2/2
    T4 = Attack (Y7). nothing
    T5 = Attack, block regisaur with overseer and raptor, Pump Walker (3/3), use overseer: Walker 4/4 overseer 3/3. They trade with regisaur and he has 4 1/1 and for the rest of the game, he can attack with one and trade with raptor with the rest.

It should be the same result for the other hangarback + overseer deck.

Sorry.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I have overlooked the fact that Overseer does also grow tokens.
    I'm 0-6 in both matches, correcting.
    Ah, ok. I made a massive mistake is missing Foundry, myself, so the one deck mine was supposed to beat, it doesn't.

Asthereal (TO): Jungle Hollow, Swamp, Druid of the Cowl, Rotting Regisaur WW
    Unlif3: Bloodfell Caves, Mage-Ring Network, Marauding Raptor, Rotting Regisaur WW
    square_two: Mage-Ring Network, Blossoming Sands, Jungle Hollow, Nightpack Ambusher WW
    H: Swamp, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Infernal Reckoning WW
    GoblinSmashmaster: Mage-Ring Network, Foundry of the Consuls, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer DD - I was expecting way more Hangarback Walker mirrors.
    Tylert: Jungle Hollow, Sedge scorpion, Sedge scorpion, Vampire of the dire moon WW
    FTW: Swamp, Disfigure, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Diregraf Ghoul WW

True story - Foundry of the Consuls is literally there for the potential Hangarback/removal spell mirror because Hangarback mirror math is the worst. (Basically, the slightly smaller Hangarback is actually better because of the death trigger, and this one detail makes the math a nightmare.)

12w2d = 38 points

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

Asthereal (TO): Jungle Hollow, Swamp, Druid of the Cowl, Rotting Regisaur WW
    Unlif3: Bloodfell Caves, Mage-Ring Network, Marauding Raptor, Rotting Regisaur WW
    square_two: Mage-Ring Network, Blossoming Sands, Jungle Hollow, Nightpack Ambusher WW
    H: Swamp, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Infernal Reckoning WW
    GoblinSmashmaster: Mage-Ring Network, Foundry of the Consuls, Hangarback Walker, Steel Overseer DD - I was expecting way more Hangarback Walker mirrors.
    Tylert: Jungle Hollow, Sedge scorpion, Sedge scorpion, Vampire of the dire moon WW
    FTW: Swamp, Disfigure, Vampire of the Dire Moon, Diregraf Ghoul WW

True story - Foundry of the Consuls is literally there for the potential Hangarback/removal spell mirror because Hangarback mirror math is the worst. (Basically, the slightly smaller Hangarback is actually better because of the death trigger, and this one detail makes the math a nightmare.)

12w2d = 38 points
    You win both vs Unlif3.

EDIT: You're faster than me :)

WW

Wanted to try to check this one out :/
    OTP:
    S: tapland s21
    W: nothing

S: ring, ch1
    W: steel

S: tapland, ch2 s22
    W: Walker

S: pass W EOT both 2/2
    W: pass S EOT 4/4

S: if I attack, you can seer + walker pump and keep one back, so I have to pass and make a 3/3, you...seer pump (both 3/3 now) and charge ring ch1?
    W: pass

S: pass EOT 3/3 (s has 4/4 2x3/3 now), you repeat (yours 4/4) and ch2

S: pass EOT 3/3 (s has 4/4 3x3/3 now), you repeat (yours 5/5) and ch3

S: pass EOT 3/3 (s has 4/4 4x3/3 now), you repeat (yours 6/6) and ch4

S: if I swing with tokens...that doesn't end well since only 2 get in, yet you are about to get flyers and keep this up with flyer beatdown

LL

You had it as you said, and the extra 3/3 with me OTP secures a win
    WD

Infernal doesn't hit me at all
    WW

LL

WW

WW

So that's...27 from W, 1 from D for 28

Another card I considered for Mage-Ring Pump action was...Sentinel of the Eternal Watch. That plus removal might have been better against 2x dino deck, drawn (potentially) against the deathtouch...and would lose to Foundry of the Consuls.

Sep 2011

Should have played 2 Vamps. I got scared off by Legion's End, which no one played. I expected to see a lot of Infernal Reckoning, Legion's End and Alpine Moon to beat the Hangarback/Mage-Ring deck. I tried to build to beat the hate decks. Instead there was almost no hate and Hangarback swept!

Asthereal (TO): Regisaur and Vamp stare at each other while Ghoul wishes he was a bloodsucker. DD 2-2
    Wrath of Pie: I can't find a line that beats you. I can Disfigure Steel Overseer and run Vampire into Hangarback, but then you still have enough 1/1s to finish me. I could Disfigure 1/1 Hangarback but then I can't force a trade with Overseer while you grow your 3 Thopters. LL 0-6
    Unlif3: Regisaur and Vamp stare at each other while Ghoul wishes he was a bloodsucker. DD 2-2
    square_two: I get a few attacks in before Ambusher takes over the game. LL 0-6
    H: Disfigure one Vamp, trade with another, and my last guy gets there! WW 6-0
    GoblinSmashmaster: Same as Wrath. LL 0-6
    Tylert: Disfigure one, trade with the other two. DD 2-2

10 points (2 wins, 6 draws)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary scores for round 6: Modern Core "block" (Magic Origins, Core Set 2019, Core Set 2020)

Rank. Player: score - SP
    1. Wrath of Pie: 38 - 5,4
    1. GoblinSmashmaster: 38 - 5,4
    3. square_two: 28 - 4,0
    4. Tylert: 20 - 2,9
    5. FTW: 12 - 1,7
    6. Unlif3: 7 - 1,0
    7. Asthereal (TO): 6 - 0,9
    8. H: 4 - 0,6

Which would mean Wrath takes the lead, and GoblinSmashmaster jumps to second place.
    A round of extremes, for sure!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Round 7 of 4CB Season 4, The Block Tour - part 2, has started. For this round we shall play Theros block (Theros, Born of the Gods, Journey into Nyx)![/B]

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 7, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 20th of November, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mana Confluence, Favored Hoplite, Boon of Erebos, Mortal Obstinacy (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S04R07 in the topic. Many of you already do this. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Thread Information