Page 117 of 332 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    This match up is really weird. Chancellor of the Tangle is the important card here, case it wins the Chancellor-mirror against one Dross. 6/7 vigilance reach is really the perfect counter to 6/6 flying lifelink.
    OTP, you have to Unmask the Unmask to protect your Tangler, and then your Tangler will have 8 turns to punch through the Dross.
    OTD, after Vial gets Unmasked, you can Unmask back to remove the only threat.
    WD, I think.
    Its definitely weird, never had to think so much about which Chancellor wins in combat before this round.

Your line OTP is slightly better than mine, as mine would let my Chancellor get Unmasked to force a draw.

OTD you're right as well, and I can force the draw. Updating my post above.

Sep 2011

I didn't even notice this interaction when reading through the lists. I'm glad you got to live the dream.
    I missed that interaction too. Without Leyline the 1/1s looked too weak, didn't take Forge seriously.

Going pure aggro was a good call here, and you found a way to do it that completely dodges both Force of Negation and Unmask.
    I went in knowing I was weakest to pure aggro but would beat all the Dross and cheatyface decks (Eureka, Aether Vial, Unburial Rites, Barren Glory, etc). Unfortunately there was more aggro than cheatyface. Not even Tylert's usual Vial deck.

Aggro with 6-8 power haste and redundant bodies was a smart call.

I missed Serra Ascendant again! I like how this takes advantage of the life mechanic in way that isn't just aggro. This is actually WL against Dross, Dross, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, cause you can afford 3 turns lifelinking up to 33.
    Ascendant just loses to so much (Unmask, removal, 3x Dross), though it does play around FoN if you Shoal on their turn. It would have done better than FoN in this meta.

I looked through all of the madness cards and all of the flashback cards. I considered Roar of the Wurm + Lingering Souls.
    I really thought the #1 LED + flashback card would be Unburial Rites + Iona, Shield of Emeria/Empyrial Archangel. With Chancellor as the 4th mana, that's a comfortable 20-21 life for a turn 1 fatty/lockpiece that also trumps the Eureka deck OTD.

Sep 2011

OTP, you have to Unmask the Unmask to protect your Tangler, and then your Tangler will have 8 turns to punch through the Dross.
    OTD, after Vial gets Unmasked, you can Unmask back to remove the only threat.
    WD, I think.
    OTP if he Unmasks the Dross, Gobbo can hardcast Unmask back to remove Tangler before Vial hits 7, then hardcast Dross 100 turns later to win, so that's a losing line.
    If he doesn't Unmask and keeps both creatures, Gobbo can Unmask the Tangler and trade Drosses to draw. 2 draws?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    OTP if he Unmasks the Dross, Gobbo can hardcast Unmask back to remove Tangler before Vial hits 7, then hardcast Dross 100 turns later to win, so that's a losing line.
    If he doesn't Unmask and keeps both creatures, Gobbo can Unmask the Tangler and trade Drosses to draw. 2 draws?
    Thats why I Unmask the Unmask instead, then my Chancellor is better at combat.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I really thought the #1 LED + flashback card would be Unburial Rites + Iona, Shield of Emeria/Empyrial Archangel. With Chancellor as the 4th mana, that's a comfortable 20-21 life for a turn 1 fatty/lockpiece that also trumps the Eureka deck OTD.
    The real tech would have been something like Wurmcoil Engine or Sphinx of the Steel Wind.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    The real tech would have been something like Wurmcoil Engine or Sphinx of the Steel Wind.
    Yeah, although super-proto-arche-Tech would be knowing what day of the week it is, . I'm surprised I got any points, honestly.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

VampireMaskMaster Results for Round Chancellors

1. Asthereal (TO): Leyline of the Meek, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge (25 life)
    You smash me with Goblins. Hey!! No fair 0-6

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Subterranean Hangar, Chancellor of the Dross, Chancellor of the Dross, Unmask (18 life)
    That's me!

3. alphastryk: Chancellor of the Dross, Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Unmask (19 life)
    Unmask Vial 1-4

4. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Hangarback Walker, Blinkmoth Infusion, Force of Negation (17 life)
    Vampire Smash! 6-0

5. Moosedog: City of traitors, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Thrun, the last troll (18 life)
    Unmask Thrun 3-3

6. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer (10 life)
    Unmask Force... and what even is that card? 0-6

7. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, City of traitors, Eureka (18 life)
    Unmask Eureka 3-3

8. silkster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Incorrigible Youths, Incorrigible Youths (10 life)
    Unmask Youth 0-6

9. H: Saltcrusted Steppe, Forest, Mayor of Avabruck, Thragtusk (7 life)
    Unmask Mayor 6-0

Total: 19 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

This was a fun round!

1.Asthereal (TO): Leyline of the Meek, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge (25 life)
    Our creatures just stare at each other. 2-2.

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Subterranean Hangar, Chancellor of the Dross, Chancellor of the Dross, Unmask (18 life)
    Unmask. 3-3.

3. alphastryk: Chancellor of the Dross, Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial, Unmask (19 life)
    Agree 3-3.

4. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Hangarback Walker, Blinkmoth Infusion, Force of Negation (17 life)
    Nice use of blinkmoth! 0-6

5. Moosedog: City of traitors, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Thrun, the last troll (18 life)
    ME.

6. FTW: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Misthollow Griffin, Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer (10 life)
    Thrun too fast – 6-0

7. Tylert: Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, City of traitors, Eureka (18 life)
    We both play all our stuff and then we trade tangles so I have thrun to get through EDIT yep, thanks for pointing out. Brain stopped and thought chancellors P/T was the same. changed to draw: 2-2

8. silkster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Incorrigible Youths, Incorrigible Youths (10 life)
    Nice List. 0--6

You just make wolves to block me. 0-6.
    Last edited by Moosedog; 06-10-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    ME.

We both play all our stuff and then we trade tangles so I have thrun to get through 6-0
    Tangles are 6/7 Vigilance and don't trade without double blocks. If Tylert just stays on defense, you can never get a profitable attack through (Thrun dies to 6/7, and if Thrun doesn't attack the 6/7s bounce off each other). DD 2-2

You just make wolves to block me. 0-6.
    H starts at 7 life though...
    OTP Thrun attacks him twice before Mayor flips on turn 3.
    OTD his turn 3 flip happens before Thrun's 2nd attack, so he survives at 3 life and starts making wolves.
    WL 3-3?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    VampireMaskMaster Results for Round Chancellors

1. Asthereal (TO): Leyline of the Meek, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge (25 life)
    This was the highlight of the round.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    We both play all our stuff and then we trade tangles so I have thrun to get through 6-0
    Not sure we'll trade anything.
    If I stay on defense, you'll attack once with everything, I can then double block one chancellor going to 8.
    Then I don't do anything, if you attack again I go down to 4 killing your second chancellor.
    I can then start attacking and win.
    So you don't attack and it's a double draw.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    Ha! I love this. I see that Wrath of Pie beat me to it, but I'm still posting this.

I ran the numbers on the other decks I was considering, and none beat the 32 I got. Woohoo! In the end, though, the decision came down to "some of these other decks might be good to save for later rounds, but this is the one chance for Incorrigible Youths to shine".

Specifically, from my position, Empyrial Archangel would get 24 points, and be the perfect counter to Aethereal's raging goblins. Iona does slightly worse at 22 points. My old standby of Force of Negation, Snapback, Pyrokinesis, Chancellor of the Forge was looking at a solid 30 points, aligning perfectly against the aggro plans of 3 2/2s or 2 4/3s, but looking miserable against anyone trying to cast Chancellor of the Dross.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: If I eureka, you have a lot of tokens :) so I don't and die to your 3 tokens :) 0-6 --> 0
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP i eureka and win because of reach / vigilance, OTD you unmask eureka and win. 3-3 --> 3
    3. Alphastryk: OTP, if I Eureka, it's ad draw because we will both have a 6/7 vigilance left if I attack. OTD, you unmask eureka and win. 1-4 --> 4
    4. Wrath of Pie: You can negate Eureka and win. 0-6 --> 4
    5. Moosedog: If i Eureka here, the one who attacks looses. So it's a double draw. 2-2 --> 6
    6. FTW: FOrce of negation for the win. 0-6 --> 6
    7. Me.
    8. Silkster: I have big vigilance dudes. 6-0 --> 12
    9. H: I Eureka here and After that, each turn, I attack with two 6/7. the first time I attack you have thragtusk and mayor. You can't block with mayor (because you'll loose). so you block with thragtusk. Next attack you have 3 3/3 but still can't block with mayor... In the end, you'll loose one blocker per turn not to die and i'll win in the end. 6-0 --> 18

Total 18. Deck sent at the last minute... I was onto something, If only I had the time to think about it :)
    Last edited by Tylert; 06-11-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post

I Eureka here and After that, each turn, I attack with two 6/7. You can kill one (Because you get a wolf before I can attack) and take 6. Then if I attack again you have mayor + 2 3/3 to block. So you can kill my dude and have something alive. If i don't attack you overwhelm me with 2/2 0-6 --> 12

Total 12. Deck sent at the last minute... I was onto something, If only I had the time to think about it :)
    I think you win this one. When you cast Eureka, H drops Mayor, but it doesn't flip right away because you cast a Eureka. It then flips on your upkeep, and you attack into 3/3 and Thragtusk. Blocking with Mayor loses, so Thragtusk blocks alone. H makes a 3/3. Now you attack two 6/7s into three 3/3s at 6 life, forcing two separate blocks, and H can't catch up.

I too wish you'd had more time to think about it and played something "better" like slow lands and Chancellors. :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I think you win this one. When you cast Eureka, H drops Mayor, but it doesn't flip right away because you cast a Eureka. It then flips on your upkeep, and you attack into 3/3 and Thragtusk. Blocking with Mayor loses, so Thragtusk blocks alone. H makes a 3/3. Now you attack two 6/7s into three 3/3s at 6 life, forcing two separate blocks, and H can't catch up.
    Oh right. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster
    I too wish you'd had more time to think about it and played something "better" like slow lands and Chancellors. :)
    I metagamed against your deck only. no time for anything else :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    3. Alphastryk: OTP, if I Eureka, it's ad draw because we will both have a 6/7 vigilance left if I attack. OTD, you unmask eureka and win. 1-4 --> 4
    Interesting, I was assuming your 6/7s were just always better in combat but I think you're right that in reality we just stare at each other, because if you ever attack I can double block one guy to effectively reduce us both to a single 6/7 each. If I attack, you just eat my 6/6 and win by having 2 guys. Will update my results for this to be a draw.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Preliminary scores for round 10

Rank. Player: Score - SP
    1. Asthereal (TO): 36 - 4,5
    2. Wrath of Pie: 32 - 4
    2. silkster: 32 - 4
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 19 - 2,4
    4. Moosedog: 19 - 2,4
    6. FTW: 18 - 2,3
    6. Tylert: 18 - 2,3
    8. alphastryk: 17 - 2,1
    9. H: 15 - 1,9

Which leads to the following standings in the season with two rounds to go:
    1. Wrath of Pie: 34,1
    2. Tylert: 32,3
    3. FTW: 32,1
    4. silkster: 29,2
    5. Asthereal (TO): 29
    6. Moosedog: 28
    7. alphastryk: 23,2
    8. H: 18,6
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: 18,5
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 11 of SEASON 6: DEVIANT LEGACY has started.

This round we will play 4.5 Card Blind - Each player submits a 5 card deck. The 5th card is only played in the game when you are on the draw. When you are on the play, that fifth card is not in your deck. The fifth card has to be specified, otherwise the tournament organizer will specify the fith card submitted as the card that will only be played on the draw.
    No additional bannings.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 17th of June, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Quicksand, Funeral Charm, Fallen Askari, OTD card: Terror.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S06R11 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Hey guys,

A thing has happened in my life, which will be affecting our 4CB schedule somewhat.
    Not to worry, we'll still be able to play out little competition of chaos, but I won't have much time in the coming 6 to 8 weeks.
    The reason: I am about to sign for a new appartment, so I'll be moving soon. And a lot has to be done to make that work.
    We'll need to paint, put in a floor, and so on. There's nothing there right now. So yeah, me much busy soon.

So I suggest we do the following:
    1. We finish the current season as planned. That won't take too much time as everything is set up already.
    We do have to figure out whether to ban the B1-costing targeted discard stuff, but other than that we're good.

2. I'll probably take an extra week to set up the next season, and I won't have time to build a really complicated season. So I propose we do this:

We play a 12 round season of Modern Bannathon.

That's really easy for me to set up. It costs a bit more time once it's going, but I should be able to make that work.
    Once that season is in round 4 or 5 or so, I should be done moving and can go back to spending my usual time on 4CB.

This has one disadvantage: I probably won't be able to check your decks with the banned list at all during the first rounds.
    And the banned list depends on who scores well in rounds, so if results change because of better lines found, the banned list might also change.
    And I might only notice that after a few days. So this will require a bit more effort from you guys.
    You will have to check the forum for different results that might lead to different bannings, and keep those in mind when crafting your deck for next round.

But I am confident this won't be an issue. And the Google Spreadsheet will be open for everybody to edit, so if things change, it will be easy to see what those changes mean for the bannings.

Everybody cool with this?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I'd be ok if we can't do anything... only thing that bothers me is the fact that we've already done it...

What about a "play your own standard" banathon? (With the legacy banlist I guess)
    Seems a little bit harder, but at least, we haven't done it.

Or a "Standard tour", like the block tour we did.

PS: Good luck for your move in.

Thread Information