Page 108 of 332 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

About 48 hours until the deadline, and I'm at one entry (my own, which is crap ).
    Don't forget to send your decks!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Since we're leaving all the storm stuff banned, for fun here's the best storm decks I came up with:

Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Tendrils of Agony

It plays out like this:
    Petal twice | BB, storm 2
    Ritual twice | BBBBBB, storm 4
    LED | BBBBBB, storm 5
    Tendrils, 6 copies | BB, storm 6, opponent at 8
    crack LED, replay LED, crack LED | BBBBBBBB, storm 8
    replay Tendrils, 9 copies.

It wins turn 1 on the play, but can't beat a discard spell (on Tendrils) or Force of Negation (on Dark Ritual), Leyline of Sanctity, or graveyard hate.

Even simpler, and beats discard:

Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Tendrils of Agony, Tendrils of Agony

Without Dark Ritual and LED:

Phyrexian Walker, Lotus Petal, Culling the Weak, Tendrils of Agony

Basically the same deck as the first one, but without Ritual and LED. Maybe allowing storm is just too degenerate.

A red deck, also without LED:

Lotus Petal, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Empty the Warrens.

Makes 30 goblins turn 1 but has trouble beating any disruption. If you play 3 Petals instead of any Rite of Flame you make a lot less goblins but don't lose to Duress or a counterspell. (that might actually be the best overall storm deck):

Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Empty the Warrens.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 05-11-2020 at 01:02 PM.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    About 48 hours until the deadline, and I'm at one entry (my own, which is crap ).
    Don't forget to send your decks!
    I'm a bit uninspired... will try to find something.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Found something finally. But i'm struggling with the pauper round... Pool is so vaste and there must be hidden gems in those cards that we don't know because we play rares and mythics only :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Found something finally. But i'm struggling with the pauper round... Pool is so vaste and there must be hidden gems in those cards that we don't know because we play rares and mythics only :)
    I don't think that far ahead. I am a lousy chess player.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    That's definitely one of the harder ones I think. I've been trying to plan out my decks for future rounds when I have time since each round is its own puzzle.

I don't think that far ahead. I am a lousy chess player.
    Too bad you can't really combine CB and chess, then we all could show off our lousy chess moves.

Pauper seems rather simple to me, actually, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone else, so I shall stay quiet about it.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

We're complete at the deadline, so let's go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 6 OF SEASON 6: DEJA VU

1. Asthereal (TO): Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
    2. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Tethered Griffin
    3. Wrath of Pie: City of Traitors, Karakas, Eternal Scourge, Ratchet Bomb
    4. Tylert: City of traitors, Sphere of resistance, Heap doll, Chronomaton
    5. H: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Crack The Earth, Legion's Landing
    6. Moosedog: Mage-ring network, City of traitors, Chronomaton, Walking ballista
    7. Silkster: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Clergy of the Holy Nimbus, Leyline of the Void
    8. FTW: City of Traitors, Chalice of the Void, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: Leyline of the Void, Swamp, Duress, Chronomaton

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 6:

1. Asthereal (TO): Leyline of Anticipation, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
    That's me, lazily playing the sickest thing I could come up with, completely disgerarding any potential hosing options.
    2. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Tethered Griffin
    Either Leyline plan is enough to stop my deck. Any wincon will kill me. Tethered Griffin counts as a wincon. 0-6
    You can play the Bomb through my taxing stuff and then blow up Augustin IV before he kills you. Or just bounce him. 0-6
    Also, I have to say props for the Scourge. That's a really neat find. If he dies, you play him from the grave. If he then dies, you play him from exile. That's a cool interaction with the rule!
    I don't even need to read the rest. City plus Chrono already beats my deck. I did not think my deck through at all... 0-6
    Hey, my decks gets to do its thing! During the upkeep of the first turn, I play Augustin IV and you can't cast your stuff. Augy kills you. 6-0
    City plus Chrono, don't need to read the rest. 0-6
    7. Silkster: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Clergy of the Holy Nimbus, Leyline of the Void
    Either Leyline plan already stops my deck. Any wincon will do afterwards. Did not expect to get killed by a Clergy from '94 though. Well done. 0-6
    Hey, my decks gets to do its thing again! During the upkeep of the first turn, I play Augustin IV and you can't cast your stuff. Augy kills you. 6-0
    See, one Leyline is enough. Your guy kills me. 0-6

Uh... two good matches, so total should be 12 points.

We're complete at the deadline, so let's go!

DECKS FOR ROUND 6 OF SEASON 6: DEJA VU

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Wait wait! I sent a corrected deck before the deadline where I wanted Cenn's Tactician instead of the overly cute Clergy of the Holy Nimbus.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

Rules are typically not my strong suit, but I thought grave hate would not work against this mechanic.

Does this not make sense then? If a replacement effect would cause a spell to be put into your graveyard you choose whether to apply the replacement effect instead of letting it hit the graveyard.

I deliberately didn't run Leyline of the void , but maybe I overthought it.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Wait wait! I sent a corrected deck before the deadline where I wanted Cenn's Tactician instead of the overly cute Clergy of the Holy Nimbus.
    I never got that one, unfortunately. But I do have to retract my props for the Clergy then.

What do you guys think: Do we allow silk the Cenn's Tactician? I have no opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedog View Post
    Rules are typically not my strong suit, but I thought grave hate would not work against this mechanic.

Does this not make sense then? If a replacement effect would cause a spell to be put into your graveyard you choose whether to apply the replacement effect instead of letting it hit the graveyard.

I deliberately didn't run Leyline of the void , but maybe I overthought it.
    There is no replacement effect that is going to put a card in a graveyard.
    The first time a card hits the graveyard, it gains the Deja Vu thing, which contains a replacement effect for the second time the card hits the grave.
    Leyline, though, prevents the card from ever hitting the graveyard because of its replacement effect, so Leyline stops the Deja Vu effect from ever becoming a thing.

Did I explain this okay?

My deck for Deja Vu Silkster: Leyline of Singularity, Karakas, Clergy of the Holy Nimbus (hopefully corrected to Cenn's Tactician, though I suspect it's very little difference), Leyline of the Void

This was one of the decks I wanted to play and the reason I think Leyline of Singularity warrants a ban. 6 points

We're the same deck regardless and stare at each other forever. 2 points

Tactician matters here. You can Bomb the Leyline and punch through the Clergy, but Tactician would stalemate forever. 2 points
    0 points

If Sphere comes out, then I'm stuck, but Karakas plays good defense. WD 4 points
    ( Tactician matters here too since you can play both threats in one turn.) 2 points

I tried a few Crack the Earth strategies, but when I realized that Leylines make good permanents to sacrifice, I gave up on them. Even Clergy wins here. Leading on the Landing gives up a Lotus Petal to the Void unnecessarily. Leading on Crack, I can sacrifice the Singularity, then you never have mana after you make your threat so my 1/1 gets in first. 6 points

I tried really hard to find something that didn't auto-fold to Leyline of Singularity. I did not think of this. Tactician grows too fast and you can only kill it once. 6 points
    (Clergy is really complicated. I think the best Clergy can do is trade 1 point for 1 point, and even if Clergy gets to go first, Ballista can jump ahead at the finish line. )
    I think your winning strategy is to make a 4/4 Ballista to kill the Clergy. Then do it again if it gets bounced, or just store up mana if it doesn't. 0 points

Chalice locks me out of a threat if it lands first, but Karakas plays good defense. WD, 4 points

This was exactly one of my tested decks, but I didn't like losing to Karakas. 6 points

36 points, awaiting confirmation.
    26 :(
    Last edited by silkster; 05-13-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

I never got that one, unfortunately. But I do have to retract my props for the Clergy then.

What do you guys think: Do we allow silk the Cenn's Tactician? I have no opinion.

Did I explain this okay?
    Yep, makes sense. I just over thought it because I figured why wouldn't everyone just play Leyline then.

Doesn't bother me either way for the clergy. I'm not going through the matchups until this afternoon anyway.

I checked my sent box, and I figured out my mistake. I sent you a deck, then quickly after wanted to send a correction. So I clicked "reply" on my original message, and it replied TO ME! Wtf?
    https://imgur.com/lybuK9q.jpg

I'm in US East, so 11:42pm is like 5am European. With hindsight, this type of thing is obviously abusable, but I'll never make this mistake again.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I checked my sent box, and I figured out my mistake. I sent you a deck, then quickly after wanted to send a correction. So I clicked "reply" on my original message, and it replied TO ME! Wtf?
    https://imgur.com/lybuK9q.jpg

I'm in US East, so 11:42pm is like 5am European. With hindsight, this type of thing is obviously abusable, but I'll never make this mistake again.
    Looks like an honest mistake indeed.

So from the 8 other players we have two shrugs for whether we allow silk the Tactician. No one oppposed yet.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I tried a few Crack the Earth strategies, but when I realized that Leylines make good permanents to sacrifice, I gave up on them. Even Clergy wins here. Leading on the Landing gives up a Lotus Petal to the Void unnecessarily. Leading on Crack, I can sacrifice the Singularity, then you never have mana after you make your threat so my 1/1 gets in first. 6 points
    But my 1/1 has Lifelink, so there is no way you could race it. I think that game would be a draw. Actually, thinking about it, even when you are on the play, I think we might still just draw. Need to think about it more...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I made the same mistake before and didn't get to change my deck. The reply is confusing.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Leylines"

My Leyline wins 6-0

Your Leyline wins 0-6

Hide Leyline & Duress Ratchet or reveal Leyline to draw. 4-1

Duress Sphere 1-4

Duress Crack 4-1

Ballista wins 0-6

Your Leyline wins 0-6

Duress Chalice 0-6

That's me!

Total points: 15

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    I made the same mistake before and didn't get to change my deck. The reply is confusing.
    Did you? I may have forgotten about that.
    If so, then he'll have to run Clergy for consistency's sake.

If you tried to simply quote/reply to your own PM, it would have been sent to yourself by default rather than Asthereal. I bet this is what happened.

In that case, I fear you are stuck with Clergy of the Holy Nimbus.

EDIT: What do you know, that is exactly what happened!

Thread Information