Page 123 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: 4 Card Blind

H: Ancient Den, Lotus Petal, Glint Hawk, Glint Hawk

1. Asthereal (TO): Gruul Guildgate, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Blazing Volley
    Volley doesn't help and I can just race Suspend. 6-0

2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Fanatical Firebrand, Boros Recruit, Magma Spray
    I will have to do the math here, but since you can only Spray or play a threat, I think I can still win a race here. 6-0

3. Wrath of Pie: Island, Viscerid Deepwalker, Sea's Claim, Curfew
    This one is a little tricky, maybe. When I am on the Play, I can just dump my hand, play the fist Hawk by replaying the Petal and the second Hawk bouncing the Den. Then, if Wrath curfews I can replay it immediately. I think Wrath has no choice but to just Suspend and then I should win the race.

When I am on the Draw though, maybe nothing really changes, because Den will always end up in my hand, so I can wait to replay it until after Curfew is played. So I think I win both, maybe. 6-0

4. alphastryk: Swamp, Evil Presence, Vendetta, Vampire Lacerator
    Since I can dump everything in one turn, Presence doesn't really matter. Vendetta can kill a Hawk, but one can still race the Vampire. 6-0

5. H: Bye, myself.

6. FTW: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Delirium Skeins, Basking Rootwalla
    Again, vomit out my hand on the Play, lose on the Draw. 3-3

7. Moosedog: Peat bog, Miasmic mummy, Exhume, Ulamog’s crusher
    This one seems a little tricky. I want to just say I lose both, but maybe there is a slight chance? What I wonder is if it might be better to keep Petal to sac to the first Annihilator trigger, giving me an "extra" turn. That means holding on Hawk back and having it hit by Mummy though, so less damage up front.

H T1: Den, Petal, Hawk, return Petal, play Petal. Pass.
    Moose T1: Bog, pass.

H T2: Hawk, return Petal, play Petal. Attack [Moose=18]
    Moose T2: Mummy, discard Crusher, pass.

H T3: Both Hawks attack, [Moose=14].
    Moose T4: Cast Exhume, get Crusher. Mummy attack [H=18].

H T4: Both Hawks attack. [Moose=10].
    Moose T4: Crusher and Mummy attack, I sac Den and Petal [H=8].

H T5: Both Hawks attack, but it won't matter.

So looks like I can't win either. 0-6

8. maxx!: Durkwood Baloth, Burning Inquiry, Simian Spirit Guide, Forest
    Again, vomit out my hand on the Play, lose on the Draw. 3-3

9. silkster: Swamp, Skittering Heartstopper, Skittering Heartstopper, Call to the Netherworld
    Deathtouch doesn't stop me here, I have 4 power to 2. 6-0

10. Tylert: Forest, Slippery bogle, Forced adaptation, Vault skirge
    Can't beat Lifelink that grows. 0-6

36, maybe?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Don't worry, i'm not going to make a lot of points too :)
    You easily 6-0 GoblinSmashmaster, alphastryk, H, and silkster. That's already 24 points. Then you probably get some other wins or draws on the play, like vs me.

Edit: You 6-0 Wrath too, so that's 33 points already
    Last edited by FTW; 07-01-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Tylert should win both by just never playing Forced Adaptation.

You can deal 3 damage per turn. He can deal 2 damage and gain 1 (nets to the same), but his clock starts first.
    Both his threats can be recast through Sea's Claim. He can sequence so he only has to ever return Bogle and not Skirge (to save 2 life).

Wrath vs Tylert OTP
    W - Deepwalker, 4 counters
    T - Bogle

W - 3 counters. Sea's Claim
    T - Skirge [T=18]. Attack for 1 [W=19]

W - 2 counters
    T - Attack with both. You can Curfew one back now or later, preventing 1 damage (he will return Bogle and recast it) [T=19, W=18]

W - 1 counter
    T - Attack with both. [T=20, W=16]

W - Hasty Deepwalker attacks for 3 on the ground. [T=17]
    T - Attack with both. [T=18, W=14]

W - Attack for 3. [T=14]
    T - Attack for 2, gain 1 [T=15, W=12]

Wrath loses this race.
    14 / 12
    12 / 10
    10 / 8
    8 / 6
    6 / 4
    4 / 2
    2 / 0

If you hold back Deepwalker to block on the ground, Vault Skirge still gets there in the air.

It's even more 1-sided with Tylert goes first.

Wrath vs Tylert OTD
    T - Bogle
    W - Deepwalker, 4 counters (Sea's Claim just slows down Deepwalker)

T - Skirge [T=18]. Attack for 1 [W=19]
    W - 3 counters. Sea's Claim (otherwise he gets Adaptation around Curfew)

T - Attack with both. [T=19, W=17]
    W - 2 counters

T - Attack with both. You can Curfew one back now or later, preventing 1 damage (he will return Bogle and recast it) [T=20, W=16]
    W - 1 counter

T - Attack with both. [T=21, W=14]
    W - Hasty Deepwalker attacks for 3 on the ground. [T=18]

T - Attack for 2, gain 1 [T=19, W=12]
    W - Attack for 3. [T=16]

Wrath loses this race.
    12 / 16
    10 / 14
    8 / 12
    6 / 10
    4 / 8
    2 / 6

Damn it! I should set a timer and stop after like 20 minutes before I go too deep. I was sure people would look at the banlist and play Burning Inquiry (or at least Delerium Skeins). Seriously, for like 20 minutes I thought Maxx's deck goes at least 3-3 against literally everything. How could people NOT play it? It's in that list of "these cards are broken; start here!". Alas, I outthought myself again, as I usually do. I should have just played the good cards and crushed all the tapland decks.

Me: silkster: Swamp, Skittering Heartstopper, Skittering Heartstopper, Call to the Netherworld

1. Asthereal (TO): Gruul Guildgate, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Blazing Volley
    At least going deep to find the 2-toughness deathtouchers gives some payoff. 6 points

Spray takes care of one, the other trades with first strike + ping, then comes back and holds the fort. 2 points

Casting spells is overrated. 0 points

Evil Presence! That's my kind of land hate. 6 points

5. H: Ancient Den, Lotus Petal, Glint Hawk, Glint Hawk
    Too fast. 0 points

Ah, a deck that I metaed against. 6 points.

I can trade my board for the crusher, then the mummy gets me. 0 points

I'm pretty sure you get at least 3 points from literally everyone except me. 4 points

Nope. 0 points

24 points.

Maxx! goes 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 6, 1, 6. Easy 43 points (which means we'd have both had 45). Well done.

Shout out to Wrath-of-Pie for playing my favourite non-broken deck. Curfew is neat, though I'm not sure that it's better than Unsummon or Vapor Snag.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    H: Ancient Den, Lotus Petal, Glint Hawk, Glint Hawk

This one is a little tricky, maybe. When I am on the Play, I can just dump my hand, play the fist Hawk by replaying the Petal and the second Hawk bouncing the Den. Then, if Wrath curfews I can replay it immediately. I think Wrath has no choice but to just Suspend and then I should win the race.

When I am on the Draw though, maybe nothing really changes, because Den will always end up in my hand, so I can wait to replay it until after Curfew is played. So I think I win both, maybe. 6-0
    This match up is easier for you than you think. You can just play the Glinthawks one at a time. You don't mind Curfew, cause you can just recast it the next turn, and you don't care about Sea's Claim because you can Petal out the Glinthawk and bounce your artifact island.

Site Contributor

Jul 2009
    Philadelphia, PA

The discard and messing with lands is really strong. In hindsight it was a little greedy thinking my hand and lands would be left alone.

Annihilating! 6-0

Annihilating!6-0

I need my land. 0-6

I need my land. 0-6

Annihilating!6-0

Nice list. 0-6

ME

Nice list. 0-6

9. silkster: Swamp, Skittering Heartstopper, Skittering Heartstopper, Call to the Netherworld
    I believe I’ll get this swinging through with mummy cause we’ll trade heartstopper and crusher and then annihilate will get the swamp and other heartstopper. 6-0 ?

Annihilating!6-0

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Shout out to Wrath-of-Pie for playing my favourite non-broken deck. Curfew is neat, though I'm not sure that it's better than Unsummon or Vapor Snag.
    Would have been great against hexproof threats, except they can just play another threat (sweepers do the job better, so Asthereal was on the right track but was trapped by Gruul Guildgate being slow). Vapor Snag is probably just better in general though.

hi everyone! glad to be here

my deck: Durkwood Baloth, Burning Inquiry, Simian Spirit Guide, Forest

tapland is too slow going both ways. 6-0

OTD you can make a goblin, but can't race the baloth. 6-0

OTD you can suspend deepwalker, but can't race baloth. 6-0

evil presence does nothing and lascerator can't race baloth. 6-0

OTP you get inquiried. OTD baloth can't race double 2/2s and can't block them either. very cool deck. 3-3

i think this is the only matchup where i don't play inquiry at all and just suspend baloth turn 1 and pass. discard decks trade wins. 3-3

tapland is too slow to do anything. 6-0

that's me : ]

i almost talked myself into playing call to the netherworld. OTP baloth stares at 1 heartstopper forever, and OTD you get to play both and slowly kill me. very nice meta deck. 1-4

OTD you get to make 1 creature but can't ever buff it, so it stays 1/1 forever. lifelink slows me down but not enough to matter. 6-0

6+6+6+6+3+3+6+1+6 = 43

8. maxx!: Durkwood Baloth, Burning Inquiry, Simian Spirit Guide, Forest LL - I guess Reddit did some good again?
    🤔 not entirely sure what this means

Damn it! I should set a timer and stop after like 20 minutes before I go too deep. I was sure people would look at the banlist and play Burning Inquiry (or at least Delerium Skeins). Seriously, for like 20 minutes I thought Maxx's deck goes at least 3-3 against literally everything. How could people NOT play it? It's in that list of "these cards are broken; start here!". Alas, I outthought myself again, as I usually do. I should have just played the good cards and crushed all the tapland decks.
    i spent way too long trying to think of a deck that beats mine and couldn't. after like 15 minutes of trying to find the perfect call to the netherworld package, i just decided that if this deck is that hard to beat i should just play it

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    i spent way too long trying to think of a deck that beats mine and couldn't. after like 15 minutes of trying to find the perfect call to the netherworld package, i just decided that if this deck is that hard to beat i should just play it
    I was sure at least 3 or 4 people would be on Baloth + Inquiry. I'm glad you showed up, or I would have looked even sillier.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago when I had a deck that would have had 15w and 1L across 8 matches. I even submitted it like 4 days early, which is rare for me. But in the last hour, I threw it all away cause I was sure that everyone had that deck. I talked a lot about learning a lesson from that. I was so sure this time would be different because Burning Inquiry is insane and advertised on the former banlist. Lesson: not learned. I hope Asthereal enjoys watching my torture myself.

I'm guessing that Wrath is guessing that you found this forum from Reddit, which would be Reddit doing good.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I was so sure this time would be different because Burning Inquiry is insane and advertised on the former banlist. Lesson: not learned...
    Lesson learned for me - Check the legacy ban list for commons!

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    🤔 not entirely sure what this means
    Someone advertised this round on Reddit, so that is where I assume you came from.

Sep 2011

I was sure at least 3 or 4 people would be on Baloth + Inquiry. I'm glad you showed up, or I would have looked even sillier.
    We've started so many rounds with it pre-banned that I took for granted Inquiry wasn't on the table. The one time it was legal, Black Lotus+Lab Man was too. Maybe others just made the same mistake.

I even built this round with the goal of optimizing mass discard, but Delirium Skeins doesn't leave as much to work with.

Someone advertised this round on Reddit, so that is where I assume you came from.
    oh gotcha. i actually came across this thread (and format) completely accidentally a couple weeks ago. i saw someone mention 3-card blind on another site (actually maybe it WAS reddit, haha), which i had never heard of, so i googled it and eventually found this thread. i lurked some of the last season and thought it looked super fun to try

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    We've started so many rounds with it pre-banned that I took for granted it wasn't on the table. The one time it was legal, Black Lotus+Lab Man was too. Maybe others did the same.

I even build with the goal of optimizing mass discard, but Delirium Skeins doesn't leave much to work with.
    Yeah, I totally forgot it was legal. Of course, like always, I forgot to even think about the round in advance, then scrambled and stole FTW's idea for a deck.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, I totally forgot it was legal. Of course, like always, I forgot to even think about the round in advance, then scrambled and stole FTW's idea for a deck.
    And crushed with it! Just goes to show that the metagame is more important than knowledge of cards. I really need to stop when I hit such objectively powerful decks.

TylerT too just recycled his previous winning deck to a winning result. I'm surprised more people didn't metagame against him.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: You metagamed against me and Storm... and you lost :) I really thought about using the same kind of card (Electrickery)!! Anyway. OTP and OTD, I can cast 1 dude and not the other one, nor forced adaptation, until you cast volley but i'm not fast enough. If i cast both or forced adaptation you cast blazing volley and I can't win anymore. 0-6 --> 0
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: FOrced adaptation on boggle should be enough to win this. I can wait to be 20/20 and start attacking. 6-0 --> 6
    3. Wrath of Pie: someone made the math for me and I already won this in the pauper round of deviant legacy. 6-0 --> 12
    4. ALphastryk: I forgot that vendetta couldn't kill black creatures... So I win this one OTP and OTD. 6-0 --> 18
    5. H: Lifelink Beatdown for the win. 6-0 --> 24
    6. FTW: OTD you discard my hand, OTP I can cast Vault Skirge that will race basking rootwalla. 3-3 --> 27
    7. Moosedog: Can't do anything against this. Aniilator 2 is strong. 0-6 --> 27
    8. Maxx!: Another good discard deck. OTP, I need 20 attacks to kill you, while you need only between 5 and 10 (Because of lifelink) so you win. OTD you discard my hand turn 1 and can't do anything. 0-6 --> 27
    9. Silkster: Lifelink beatdown for the win. 6-0 --> 33
    10. Me.

Ok, I really thought that people would metagame against my deck, but I had not time to do my homework and find something that would not loose vs 1 damage to all creatures... all in all it was a good thing because people seemed to forget about my deck and still played Aggressive decks... I did not consider discard spells as I was in the "legacy banlist" mindset...

Total = 33

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

TylerT too just recycled his previous winning deck to a winning result. I'm surprised more people didn't metagame against him.
    Well, I did. Sort of. I went meta against his winning deck from our Pauper round plus Petal, Petal, Ritual, Emtpy the Warrens.
    Look where that got me.

EDIT: Well, let's have a look.

Preliminary standings for round 1

Rank. Player: Score - SP
    1. maxx!: 43 - 4,8
    2. H: 36 - 4
    3. Tylert: 33 - 3,7
    4. FTW: 30 - 3,3
    4. Moosedog: 30 - 3,3
    6. Wrath of Pie: 29 - 3,2
    7. silkster: 24 - 2,7
    8. alphastryk: 19 - 2,1
    9. Asthereal (TO): 12 - 1,3
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: 7 - 0,8

To speak ik CM terms: that's one hell of a debut by maxx!

Also, these cards get the axe for further rounds:
    Ancient Den
    Burning Inquiry
    Durkwood Baloth
    Forced Adaptation
    Glint Hawk
    Lotus Petal
    Simian Spirit Guide
    Slippery Bogle
    Vault Skirge
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 2 of SEASON 7: PAUPER & PEASANT BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Pauper again (only commons allowed.)

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 2, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 8th of July, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Desert, Terror, Dauthi Horror.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S07R02 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Added in cross-referencing and rounding on the spreadsheet.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Added in cross-referencing and rounding on the spreadsheet.
    I saw it. Looks good, thanks!
    (No idea how it works yet though. )

Anyway, about 24 hours until the deadline and we're at 4 entries right now. Don't miss out!

Thread Information