Page 67 of 332 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

FINAL ROUND TIME!!

Round 12 of 4CB Season 3, The Block Tour, has started. For this final round we shall play Lorwyn & Shadowmoor block (Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide)!

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 12, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 2nd of October, at 8:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night 10:00PM-ish, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Plains, Plains, Knight of the Holy Nimbus, Temporal Isolation (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S03R12 in the topic. Oh, and be sure to include legal cards. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck designing everybody!
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-30-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Your sample deck is not legal.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Your sample deck is not legal.
    No time to create a proper sample deck this time.

Anyway, two days until the deadline and we're at just two entries.
    Tough last round, I guess. Don't forget to send something in!

In the mean time, I have decided to let you guys vote for next season.
    Based on your responses when I asked about this a few weeks back, these seem like the options you guys would prefer.
    A. Modern: 12 rounds, top scoring deck gets banned for next round (to keep the meta fresh)
    B. The Block Tour, part 2. I think I can make a fun season with the remaining blocks, even though the structure has been changed recently. I could even make special rounds

We could do both with either the banned list from season 1 as starting point, or without any initial bannings at all.
    Our current Block Tour has no bannings, which makes some rounds fun and ruins others. I'm fine with either.
    For Modern, I recommend we ban the top deck anyway, so the worst cards should get axed in the early rounds anyway. Does make the realy rounds weird though.

So please cast your votes for:
    A1. Modern, WITH banned list from season 1 AND on top of that banning the best scoring deck after every round.
    A2. Modern, NO initial bannings but WITH the banning the best scoring deck after every round.
    B1. The Block Tour, part 2, WITH banned list from season 1.
    B2. The Block Tour, part 2, no bannings.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    No time to create a proper sample deck this time.

Anyway, two days until the deadline and we're at just two entries.
    Tough last round, I guess. Don't forget to send something in!

In the mean time, I have decided to let you guys vote for next season.
    Based on your responses when I asked about this a few weeks back, these seem like the options you guys would prefer.
    A. Modern: 12 rounds, top scoring deck gets banned for next round (to keep the meta fresh)
    B. The Block Tour, part 2. I think I can make a fun season with the remaining blocks, even though the structure has been changed recently. I could even make special rounds

We could do both with either the banned list from season 1 as starting point, or without any initial bannings at all.
    Our current Block Tour has no bannings, which makes some rounds fun and ruins others. I'm fine with either.
    For Modern, I recommend we ban the top deck anyway, so the worst cards should get axed in the early rounds anyway. Does make the realy rounds weird though.

So please cast your votes for:
    A1. Modern, WITH banned list from season 1 AND on top of that banning the best scoring deck after every round.
    A2. Modern, NO initial bannings but WITH the banning the best scoring deck after every round.
    B1. The Block Tour, part 2, WITH banned list from season 1.
    B2. The Block Tour, part 2, no bannings.
    I will come up with something on tuesday night i guess. I had no time to do it this weekend.

For next season:

1. Tied: A1 and B1
    3. Tied: A2 and B2

Same, had no time to craft a deck yet, will submit one soon(tm).

As far as the votes are concerned... B2 for me. Blocks keep this thing fresh to me.

I am for option A2 above all, although B1 and A1 would be acceptable.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Yeah, after thinking about it, I'd be more inclined to do:
    1) B1
    2) B2
    3) A1
    4) A2

Why?
    because yes block is a different meta each time, but obvious powerfull cards like cheap land destruction or 1 mana discard spells are too obvious and too oppressive.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline for the last round has passed, and we're at 7 entries.
    I have a pile of work right now, so I'll post decks after that's done.
    If you want to change something, or if you still want to join, I can give you a few hours still.

Also, don't forget to vote for what you want to play next season!
    (For details, see the posts above.)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I'm allways waiting for wednesday and your post with the decks for the round. But i'm allways disapointed by your first post of the day :)
    (But don't mind me you're doing an incredible job).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    But don't mind me you're doing an incredible job.
    Thanks.

But yeah, I should consider moving the deadline to after work.
    Thing is: usually I can find time between stuff at work to post decks, but it's a bit busy lately...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Final round time!

DECKS FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF THE BLOCK TOUR - Lorwyn & Shadowmoor block (Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide):

Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Mutavault, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom
    Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Bitterblossom
    Unlif3: Mutavault, Swamp, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom
    FTW: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Mutavault, Bitterblossom
    Tylert: Swamp, mutavault, Oona's prowler, Oona's prowler
    H: Plains, Goldmeadow Stalwart, Cenn's Tactician, Cenn's Tactician
    GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Goldmeadow Harrier, Goldmeadow Stalwart
    apple713: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Nip Gwyllion, Edge of the Divinity

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

ALSO, PLEASE VOTE FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY NEXT SEASON, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Swamp Mutavault Bitterblossom" aka "Mirror Match Showdown"

... Too much math. I'll guess and let one of you guys solve it since they're all about the same anyway.

Seems better 0-6

And again 0-6

Looks familiar 0-6

And again 0-6

Shirley, I can beat this. 6-0

Stalemate 2-2

GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Goldmeadow Harrier, Goldmeadow Stalwart
    That's me!

Finally an easy match 6-0

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I'm trying, but man, this round seems exceedingly complicated...maybe I am just extra dumb this morning...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Bitterblossom math is hard...

On the Play, I would play Stalwart first. You play Swamp and Thoughtseize, take a Tactician.
    Turn 2, attack with Stalwart, puts you at 16, I play Tactician. You play Muta and Bitterblossom.
    Turn 3, I pump Stalwart and attack, putting you to 13, you make a token, putting you to 12. You could animate Muta and attack, if you do, I go to 18.
    Now, on turn 4, I can make the Stalwart a 4/4, or make a tapped Tactician a 2/2, but also, I can wait to see what you do to decide. If you chump, I can pump the Tactician, setting up to eventually block Muta. If you don't, I can force in the extra point of damage. Taking 4 there means going to 8, which means 7 on your next turn. That is now 3 power swinging at me, 4 power total, on your turn, so putting me to 15, optimistically. Now, if I have a 4/4, it must be blocked, because you need 3 more turns to kill me, but that is two turns. In fact, it's 2 turns if it's a 3/3 as well. So, I think you might not be able to win there.

On the Draw, you can Seize me Stalwart. However, I'm not sure how much this changes the paradigm. I can still wait on Tactician activations to see where it would be optimal, either on one attacking, or one not (that can later be used to hold off Muta).

Bitterblossom scenarios are tough...

See above...

See above.

See above.

This is perhaps a bit more simple. On the play, I go Stalwart. You play Muta. I play Tactician turn 2, attack you to 18. You play Prowler.
    Now, turn 3, I hold up Tactician, attack. If you block, I pump and discard to shrink the Prowler. So, that is not a line for you. You take it, which then I can pump Stalwart to a 3/3 (putting you to 15). Now, on your turn, you can attack for 3, playing and leaving back the second Prowler. If you do, I go to 17. If you don't, you can't profitably block anyway, since I can shrink one Prowler and you'd need both to trade. On my turn, I attack with Stalwart, which you could block with one Prowler, but there isn't much of a point, since I'd just pump and Prowler would die. If you don't, you go to either 12 or 11, depending on what I do with my pump. If I pump Stalwart, you are at 11, I have a 4/4 and a 1/1. You have two 3/1's and a 2/2. Now it's even more complicated, I would be at 17, so even 8 power is a 3 turn clock, so seems you can't just race. So, you have to chump with the Muta, meaning I can make my Tactician a 2/2. Then, you are on 6 power, which is 3 turns, and I have 6 power, which is 2 turns. Plus, I can turn the 3 turns to 4 by discarding my second Tactician in hand. So, I think I win this on the play.

On the Draw. I'm not sure how much changes here, I think maybe I am one turn slower and lose. This is still rather complicated...

H: Bye, myself.

I am guessing this is a draw. You can tap my biggest guy, but then you can't pump. I can spread my pumps around, but then I get blocked by your biggest guy.

I think I win this, since before I am dead, I can make one of my guys bigger than the Nip and from there, you can't attack. Once you can't attack, I can EOT pump until I'd win in one swing, then you have to chump.

This round seems so simple and yet might be the most complex yet...

EDIT: Obviously, I am nearly certain I made a bunch of mistakes in this analysis, so help me out and let me know.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

How come i forgot about bitterblossom :)
    man, i hate it when i don't have enought time to do my homework... i allways end up forgetting a card :)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Mutavault, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom
    2. Wrath of Pie: Swamp, Mutavault, Bitterblossom, Bitterblossom
    3. Unlif3: Mutavault, Swamp, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom
    4. FTW: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Mutavault, Bitterblossom
    5. Tylert: Swamp, mutavault, Oona's prowler, Oona's prowler
    6. H: Plains, Goldmeadow Stalwart, Cenn's Tactician, Cenn's Tactician
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Goldmeadow Harrier, Goldmeadow Stalwart
    8. apple713: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Nip Gwyllion, Edge of the Divinity

1. Asthereal: I'm not even making the math. I can't win vs bitterblossom. 0-6 --> 0
    2. Wrath Of Pie: 0-6 --> 0
    3. Unlif3: 0-6 --> 0
    4. FTW: 0-6 --> 0
    5. Me.
    6. H: OTP: I'll never bock, this is not profitable for me. T1 = Mutavault. Plains Stalwart.
    T2 = Swamp Prowler. Attack for 2 (18), tactician
    T3 = Prowler. Attack for 1 (19) (you discard tactician). Here you have a choice to either pump stalwart to do immediate damage, but my 8 damage will race you. or you can hold up tactician and pump it to hope blocking mutavault one day. However, my prowlers are too fast. so i win this one.
    OTD: You explained the maths. 3-3 --> 3
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Same maths as with H. 3-3 --> 6
    8. Apple713 If you thoughtseize one prowler, i can double block at some point in time with muta and prowler OTP and OTD. so no one attacks. 2-2 --> 8

To H and Goblin, plz check my maths. I guess we 3-3.

Total 8. Reminder for next season: do your homework :)

Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Mutavault, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom WW - I found Thoughtseize to be a bit of a trap this round, so the best anti-strategy was to just play double Bitterblossom.
    Unlif3: Mutavault, Swamp, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom WW
    FTW: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Mutavault, Bitterblossom WW
    Tylert: Swamp, mutavault, Oona's prowler, Oona's prowler WW
    H: Plains, Goldmeadow Stalwart, Cenn's Tactician, Cenn's Tactician WL
    GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Goldmeadow Harrier, Goldmeadow Stalwart WL
    apple713: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Nip Gwyllion, Edge of the Divinity WL - Bitterblossom kills me on the draw.

11w = 33 points

math vs H:

H: Plains, Stalwart
    me: Swamp
    H: Plains, Tactician 1, attack for 2 (me @ 18)
    me: Bitterblossom 1
    H: Plains, counter on Stalwart (need it for later), attack for 3 (me @ 15)
    me: Faerie token 1 (me @ 14), Bitterblossom 2
    H: counter on Stalwart (otherwise I trade w/Mutavault and a token), chump with Faerie token 1
    me: Faerie tokens 2 and 3 (me @ 12)
    H: counter on Stalwart (otherwise I trade w/Mutavault and two tokens), chump with Faerie token 2
    me: Faerie tokens 4 and 5 (me @ 10)
    H: counter on Stalwart, hold back because 3 tokens and a Mutavault trade
    me: Faerie tokens 6 and 7 (me @ 8), attack w/tokens 3, 4, and 5 (H @ 17)
    H: Attack with Stalwart, chump with Mutavault
    me: Faerie tokens 8 and 9 (me @ 6), attack with tokens 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (H @ 12)
    H: Tactician 2, attack with Stalwart, chump with token 8
    me: Faerie tokens 10 and 11 (me @ 4), attack with tokens 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9 (H @ 6)

From here, I beat you at 2 life no matter what you do. On the draw, the extra turn should do the trick for you to win.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 10-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Mutavault, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom WW - I found Thoughtseize to be a bit of a trap this round, so the best anti-strategy was to just play double Bitterblossom.
    Unlif3: Mutavault, Swamp, Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom WW
    FTW: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Mutavault, Bitterblossom WW
    Tylert: Swamp, mutavault, Oona's prowler, Oona's prowler WW
    H: Plains, Goldmeadow Stalwart, Cenn's Tactician, Cenn's Tactician LL
    GoblinSmashmaster: Plains, Cenn's Tactician, Goldmeadow Harrier, Goldmeadow Stalwart WW
    apple713: Swamp, Thoughtseize, Nip Gwyllion, Edge of the Divinity WW - I should get two Faerie tokens plus Mutavault fast enough to trade with a 4/4 Nip Gwyllion.

12w = 36 points

math vs H:

H: Plains, Stalwart
    me: Swamp
    H: Plains, Tactician 1, attack for 2 (me @ 18)
    me: Bitterblossom 1
    H: Plains, Tactician 2, counter on Stalwart, attack for 3 (me @ 15)
    me: Faerie token 1 (me @ 14), Bitterblossom 2
    H: counter on Stalwart (otherwise I trade w/Mutavault and a token), chump with Faerie token 1
    me: Faerie tokens 2 and 3 (me @ 12)
    H: counter on Stalwart (otherwise I trade w/Mutavault and two tokens), chump with Faerie token 2
    me: Faerie tokens 4 and 5 (me @ 10), attack w/Mutavault and token 3 (H @ 17)
    H: counter on Tactician 1 (you need to be able to present two threats), only attack with Stalwart, chump with token 4
    me: Faerie tokens 6 and 7 (me @ 8), attack w/Mutavault and tokens 3 and 5, trade 2/2 Tactician with Mutavault (H @ 16)
    H: counter on Tactician 2, attack with Stalwart, chump with token 6
    me: Faerie tokens 8 and 9 (me @ 6), attack with tokens 3, 5, and 7 (H @ 13)
    H: counter on Tactician 2, attack with Stalwart, chump with token 8
    me: Faerie tokens 10 and 11 (me @ 4), attack with tokens 3, 5, 7, and 9 (H @ 9)

From here, I fail to outrace my own Bitterblossoms, so you win the matchup when I am on the play, and thus do so on the draw as well.
    Remember that he needs to pay 1 to put a counter, so on turn 3 he can't play tactician 2 and put a counter on stallwart.
    (Haven't checked if it changes anything). In fact if he wants to put a counter on something each turn, he cannot play second tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Remember that he needs to pay 1 to put a counter, so on turn 3 he can't play tactician 2 and put a counter on stallwart.
    (Haven't checked if it changes anything). In fact if he wants to put a counter on something each turn, he cannot play second tactician.
    Was bound to miss something, thanks.

Sep 2011

This doesn't make sense. You should have the same result against both decks. Each of them plays turn 1 Stalwart, turn 2 Tactician, turn 3 1/1 (or never play the 3rd creature and grow earlier). After that they get 1 Tactician activation per turn, growing at the same rate. H can't activate both Tacticians in one turn. Gobbo can't both activate Harrier and Tactician. Both can put counters on any of their creatures to spread it around. The math should be the same.

For the rest of us with Thoughtseize we can discard Gobbo's only Tactician and win easily, but you don't have Thoughtseize.

Thread Information