Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 1,281 to 1,292 of 1292

Thread: 4 Card Blind

  1. #1281

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    To get a second use of Cry, he must activate Plagued Rusalka and he needs both fodder and a legal target. I think that forces him to kill his own board to discard your land, resulting in a draw. DD 2-2.

    If he doesn't do that, he misses the 2nd Cry and you eventually make enough 1/1s to win.
    I assume that t2 Cry haunting Plagued Rusalka is too slow?

  2. #1282
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    1,297

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I assume that t2 Cry haunting Plagued Rusalka is too slow?
    It's not too slow. But isn't he forced to target the Elves with the Rusalka activation, wiping his own board?

  3. #1283
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    1,224

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    It's not too slow. But isn't he forced to target the Elves with the Rusalka activation, wiping his own board?
    It used to be legal for Plagued Rusalka to target itself with its ability. Has that changed?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  4. #1284

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    @WrathofPie - I think I get you even when you are on the play. Did I miss something?

    (Pregame: Leyline)
    WoP: Land, Cantor
    W: Land
    WoP: Land, Watchwolf, swing (19)
    W: Bounce Land
    WoP: Swing (15)
    W: Land
    WoP: Swing (11)
    W: Bounce Land
    WoP: Swing (7)
    W: Land, 2/2 Token
    WoP: Swing (4) Token kills Cantor.
    W: Another 2/2 Token
    WoP: If you swing, I double block and win. If you don't, I just keep making tokens and win.

  5. #1285

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    @WrathofPie - I think I get you even when you are on the play. Did I miss something?

    (Pregame: Leyline)
    WoP: Land, Cantor
    W: Land
    WoP: Land, Watchwolf, swing (19)
    W: Bounce Land
    WoP: Swing (15)
    W: Land
    WoP: Swing (11)
    W: Bounce Land
    WoP: Swing (7)
    W: Land, 2/2 Token
    WoP: Swing (4) Token kills Cantor.
    W: Another 2/2 Token
    WoP: If you swing, I double block and win. If you don't, I just keep making tokens and win.
    Let it be known that I am not good at combat math.

  6. #1286
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    708

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I think Asthereal is going to lock up the season crown soon, unless he somehow scores poorly for two straight rounds.
    I think we can all agree that the TO winning the tournament is too shady to be acceptable !! :)

  7. #1287
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    1,224

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I think we can all agree that the TO winning the tournament is too shady to be acceptable !! :)
    Me so shady!


    But in all seriousness, if someone would like to see proof that I send myself my deck before receiving the others, I can provide it.
    Me wanting to play as well is the main reason why I'll never add real prizes to the competition. I wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    No real prizes, no real reason to cheat. Still, I want the competition to be fair. So I try to save as many relevant PMs as I can.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  8. #1288
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    708

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Me so shady!


    But in all seriousness, if someone would like to see proof that I send myself my deck before receiving the others, I can provide it.
    Me wanting to play as well is the main reason why I'll never add real prizes to the competition. I wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    No real prizes, no real reason to cheat. Still, I want the competition to be fair. So I try to save as many relevant PMs as I can.
    There was nothing serious in my reply. No proof needed.

  9. #1289

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    I've been unfortunately busy lately and can't take the time yet to compute my own scores. I'll do this as soon as possible.

  10. #1290
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    1,224

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    There was nothing serious in my reply. No proof needed.
    I didn't think you were being serious.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  11. #1291
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    1,224

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Preliminary scores for round 10 (Ravnica block):
    1. Unlif3: 29 - 3,6
    2. Asthereal (TO): 28 - 3,5
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: 28 - 3,5
    2. FTW: 28 - 3,5
    5. apple713: 22 - 2,8
    6. Whoshim: 18 - 2,3
    7. Tylert: 16 - 2
    8. Wrath of Pie: 13 - 1,6
    9. H: 6 - 0,8

    Which would lead to the following standings with two rounds to go:
    1. Asthereal (TO): 38,5
    2. FTW: 34,0
    3. Wrath of Pie: 27,7
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 26,2
    5. H: 17,6
    6. Unlif3: 16,4
    7. Whoshim: 16,3
    8. Tylert: 13,3
    9. BirdsOfParadise: 6,3
    10. apple713: 2,8

    So FTW is still chasing me for the title. The gap is 4,5 points, which is a comfortable lead, but I'll have to stay sharp and not mess up.
    Wrath of Pie and GoblinSmashmaster are fighting for a place on the podium. With just 1,5 point between them, anything's possible.
    Then we have H, Unlif3 and Whoshim fighting for a place in the top-5. The gap there is even smaller, and Tylert might catch them still.

    Lastly, I think I completely failed to say welcome back apple713... Welcome back, mate!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

  12. #1292
    Site Contributor

    Join Date

    Jul 2011
    Location

    Maastricht, NL
    Posts

    1,224

    Re: 4 Card Blind

    Round 11 of 4CB Season 3, The Block Tour, has started. This round: Time Spiral block (Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight)!

    I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

    DEADLINE: Wednesday the 25th of September, at 8:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night 10:00PM-ish, so keep that in mind.)

    PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Plains, Plains, Knight of the Holy Nimbus, Temporal Isolation (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S03R11 in the topic. Many of you already did this for previous rounds. Thanks a lot, this really saves me the time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

    After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

    Happy deck designing everybody!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)