Page 80 of 332 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

And we're complete, so here we go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 10, Kaladesh & Amonkhet block (Kaladesh, Aether Revolt, Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation)

1. Asthereal (TO): Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push
    2. Wrath of Pie: Scattered Groves, Narnam Renegade, Cartouche of Solidarity, Hope of Ghirapur
    3. square_two: Botanical Sanctum, Forest, Rhonas's Last Stand, Cartouche of Knowledge
    4. H: Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push
    5. FTW: Blooming Marsh, Fatal Push, Fatal Push, Narnam Renegade
    6. Tylert: Blooming Marsh, Fatal Push, Harsh Scrutiny, Greenbelt Rampager
    7. Unlif3: Cradle of the Accursed, Cradle of the Accursed, Pyramid of the Pantheon, Liliana, Death's Majesty
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Sep 2011

5. FTL: Blooming Marsh, Fatal Push, Fatal Push, Narnam Renegade

1. Asthereal (TO): I Push both your creatures and you Push mine. DD 2-2
    2. Wrath of Pie: I Push both your creatures before you can resolve Cartouche, then Renegade kills you. WW 6-0
    3. square_two: I Push your token (CMC 0), then Renegade kills you. WW 6-0
    4. H: I Push both your creatures and you Push mine. DD 2-2
    6. Tylert: OTP I play Renegade first and dodge Harsh Scrutiny, but your Fatal Push still gets me. I Push your Rampager. DD 2-2
    7. Unlif3: This one I can't beat. I can Push your first 2 zombies but Renegade is too slow to kill Liliana. LL 0-6
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: This again. I Push both your creatures and you Push mine. DD 2-2

20 points (4 wins, 8 draws, 2 losses)

I thought about doing Pyramid ramp, but when I looked at the 5 cmc Planeswalkers, nothing seemed good enough. Liliana can't answer threats or use the minus ability. I thought 2/2 zombies wouldn't get there vs stuff like 1-mana 3/4 and 2-mana 5/4, but Cradle of the Accursed is a big help.

1. Asthereal (TO): Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push
    OTD T1 Land, E=1 / Cradle + Pyramid (brick=0)
    T2 E=2 / Cradle#2, brick=1
    T3 Greenbelt / brick=2
    T4 swing, E=1 (Un.life=17) / brick=3
    T5 swing, E=2 (Un.life=14) / Liliana, +1 (loyalty =6), get a 2/2
    T6 second Greenbelt, first attacks Lili I guess, I don't block to get the triple block next turn, loyalty=3 / sac Cradle, +1 (loyalty=4), so 3 2/2s.
    From there attacking Lili is not an option anymore even with a Push to back it up, for I triple block one, let the other one pass, loyalty is at one and I even have a second Cradle to sac.
    I'm even "faster", so to say, OTP. 6-0
    2. Wrath of Pie: Scattered Groves, Narnam Renegade, Cartouche of Solidarity, Hope of Ghirapur
    OTD T1 tapped land, / Cradle + Pyramid (brick=0)
    T2 Narnam / Cradle#2, brick=1
    T3 Enchantment, Un.life=18 / brick=2
    T4 Hope, Un.life=15 / brick=3
    T5 Un.life=11 / Lili ? (you can delay me for a turn by saccing Hope) +1, (loyalty =6), get a 2/2
    "Race" plan is a dead end for T6 Token is kept at bay by the 2/2, Un.life=8 / sac Cradle, lili +1 (loyalty 7) and from there I have too much bodies on the ground and Lili is threatening the ult
    "Shoot Lili" plan seems unlikely to go anywhere for only the hope can fly above the slowly growing zonbie horde ; 6-0 ?
    3. square_two: Botanical Sanctum, Forest, Rhonas's Last Stand, Cartouche of Knowledge
    Well, I didn't think this would see play for Fatal Push is a card, but a card I'm not playing so... this at least works against me. 0-6 I guess.
    OTD T1 Land, E=1 / Cradle + Pyramid (brick=0)
    T2 E=2 / Cradle#2, brick=1
    T3 Greenbelt / brick=2
    T4 swing, E=1 (Un.life=17) / brick=3
    T5 swing, E=2 (Un.life=14) / Liliana, +1 (loyalty =6), get a 2/2
    See Asthereal. 6-0
    I don't really care about Push and this isn't a clock. 6-0
    Harsh Scrutiny is a blank, from there it can only get worse than Asthereal. 6-0
    7. Unlif3: Cradle of the Accursed, Cradle of the Accursed, Pyramid of the Pantheon, Liliana, Death's Majesty
    That's me, with a good deck?
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push
    See Asthereal 6-0

Total = 36 points, shy from the sweep due to a flying Snake (Coatl is that you?)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal results for round 10:

That's me, sporting the easiest deck. I'm not alone, I see.
    Renegade gets Pushed, and a 1/1 and a 2/2 don't beat or race my two 3/4s, I think. 6-0
    Push your RLS token, my guys win it. 6-0
    Mirror draws. 2-2
    We Push eachothers dudes. 2-2
    We Push eachothers dude, and you Scrutinize my other dude. 2-2
    You race me. I completely overlooked Pyramid. Cool deck! 0-6
    Mirror draws. 2-2

Total: 20 points

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Unlif3 View Post
    OTD T1 tapped land, / Cradle + Pyramid (brick=0)
    T2 Narnam / Cradle#2, brick=1
    T3 Enchantment, Un.life=18 / brick=2
    T4 Hope, Un.life=15 / brick=3
    T5 Un.life=11 / Lili ? (you can delay me for a turn by saccing Hope) +1, (loyalty =6), get a 2/2
    "Race" plan is a dead end for T6 Token is kept at bay by the 2/2, Un.life=8 / sac Cradle, lili +1 (loyalty 7) and from there I have too much bodies on the ground and Lili is threatening the ult
    "Shoot Lili" plan seems unlikely to go anywhere for only the hope can fly above the slowly growing zonbie horde ; 6-0 ?
    I think Wrath has a better chance than this.

If he puts Cartouche on Hope (2/2 flying), he can eventually kill Liliana and you can never ult, or he can try to race for 2 in the air.

If he puts Cartouche on Narnam, it's a 2/3 deathtouch first strike, meaning you would need 4 2/2 zombie tokens to block and kill it. Until you have 4 zombies, he gets to attack Liliana with both Narnam and Hope, either taking off 3 counters per turn or forcing you to chump with a zombie.

Maybe I haven't been in a block set with as good as removal as Push. I created something that would beat creature discard (Harsh Scrutiny) but left myself completely open to Push.

LL
    WW
    Think my giant flyer gets there.
    LL
    LL
    LL
    WW
    Cradle is great add for that deck! I missed that when considering Lily.
    LL

12 points

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Aaha. I don't know why i only considered Tezzeret or Confiscation coup as playables with pyramid ramp :)
    There were many good creatures in this round including 4/3 First strike for two that were unplayable because of 1 mana discard and removal spells :)
    High power format :)

Seing that so few people are playing harsh scrutiny, i should have played Glorybringer or angel of sanction ramp :)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Maybe I haven't been in a block set with as good as removal as Push. I created something that would beat creature discard (Harsh Scrutiny) but left myself completely open to Push.
    People do play removal. It's just that Land, Land, Removal, Bear is usually not a good deck.

Ayli Arrows worked because that format had bad removal and most people built to beat 2 Lupine Prototype.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    1 mana removal is just great. Allows you to play 3 cards, instead of two. For next blocks if you see a good one mana removal, just suppose that it will be played :)

1. Asthereal (TO): Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push LL
    3. square_two: Botanical Sanctum, Forest, Rhonas's Last Stand, Cartouche of Knowledge LL
    4. H: Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push LL
    5. FTW: Blooming Marsh, Fatal Push, Fatal Push, Narnam Renegade LL
    6. Tylert: Blooming Marsh, Fatal Push, Harsh Scrutiny, Greenbelt Rampager LL
    7. Unlif3: Cradle of the Accursed, Cradle of the Accursed, Pyramid of the Pantheon, Liliana, Death's Majesty LL
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Blooming Marsh, Greenbelt Rampager, Greenbelt Rampager, Fatal Push LL

1. Asthereal: 2-2 --> 2
    2 Wrath of Pie: T1 = Marsh, discard hope. Groves, Renegade.
    T2 = Fatal push renegade and win.
    OTD: T1 = Groves, renegade (or hope). Marsh, i discard whatever is left in your hand.
    T2 = cartouche. I push whatever has cartouche on. and win with my 3/4.
    6-0 --> 8
    3. square_two: I push the 5/4 whenever you cast it and win. 6-0 --> 14
    4. H: 2-2 --> 16
    5. FTW: 2-2 --> 18
    6. ME.
    7. Unlif3: 0-6. cant pressure liliana enough. --> 18.
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 2-2 --> 20

Total 20. I should definitely have played cradle, cradle, pyramid, glorybringer, but i feared harsh scrutiny :(

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    I should definitely have played cradle, cradle, pyramid, glorybringer, but i feared harsh scrutiny :(
    Indeed you should have. The card's called Glorybringer for a reason.

EDIT: never mind. This remark was stupid.

With that out of the way, it's time to present the standings for round 10.
    Oh wait, someone already did all of the work in the Google spreadsheet.
    Thank you.

Unlif3 takes the round with a close to perfect score. This great score also allows him to jump to second place in the season ranking. Well done!
    Five players scored the same and ended up sharing second place for the round. Season ranking remains close, so with two rounds to go, anything's possible:

1. GoblinSmashmaster: 31,4
    2. Unlif3: 28,4
    3. Wrath of Pie: 28,3
    4. H: 25,5
    5. FTW: 25,4
    6. square_two: 24,4
    7. Tylert: 23,2
    8. Asthereal (TO): 20,5

Okay, I'm out, but theororetically, even Tylert can still win the season.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 12-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    (Also, I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but just to be sure: if scrutiny happens when someone plays a good deck, I will intervene. Big time.)
    Harsh Scrutiny

Only TylerT played it, but it was the #1 card stopping creature ramp and why planeswalker ramp was safer.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Harsh Scrutiny

Only TylerT played it, but it was the #1 card stopping creature ramp and why planeswalker ramp was safer.
    LOL I'm too busy. Anything not precisely literal goes over my head.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Penultimate round. Let's go!
    PS. Apologies for being late. I was gone a few days and this block is weird.

Round 11 of 4CB Season 4, The Block Tour - part 2, has started. For this round we shall play Guilds of Ravnica block (Guilds of Ravnica, Ravnica Allegiance, War of the Spark)!

NOTE: Again "Masterpiece" cards are NOT legal!
    In this case, this means entering the normal version of the sets in the Gatherer, instead of the Mythic Edition.

Anyway, I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 18th of December, at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Plains, Hunted Witness, Righteous Blow, Demotion (so with card tags around each card, and not above eachother), with your Username and 4CB S04R11 in the topic.
    Many of you already do this. Thanks a lot, this really saves me a lot of time and hassle of copying and pasting text and tags!

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

A little under 24 hours until the deadline, and I'm at four entries. Don't forget to send your deck!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I'm on vacation, but I will send something in shortly.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

The deadline has passed but I'm missing one of the regulars.
    I'll be doing some work stuff the next couple of hours, so I can give you a bit more time.
    Don't wait too long though.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

And the last deck arrived, so here we go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 11, Guilds of Ravnica block (Guilds of Ravnica, Ravnica Allegiance, War of the Spark)

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy
    2. Wrath of Pie: Sacred Foundry, Healer's Hawk, Grim Initiate, Gird for Battle
    3. Tylert: Swamp, Swamp, Vicious rumors, Dreadhorde invasion
    4. square_two: Plains, Healer's Hawk, Healer's Hawk, Sky Tether
    5. H: Blood Crypt, Grim Initiate, Grim Initiate, Vicious Rumors
    6. FTW: Plains, Sky Tether, Sky Tether, Healer's Hawk
    7. Unlif3: Plains, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll update the Google Spreadsheet for the season, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

PS1. For next round our deadline would be at Christmas, which might be tough on some of us. I'll move it to the weekend between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

PS2. Since the season's about to come to a close, we need to start thinking about next season. What would you guys like to play?
    My vote goes to Modern with a couple of obnixious cards banned at the start (probably just the baned list from season 1), and then after each round banning the winning deck for future rounds.
    What do you guys think? Should be fun? Or would you like to play something else? Let me know!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's results for round 11:

1. Asthereal (TO): Godless Shrine, Forest, Emmara, Soul of the Accord, Assassin's Trophy
    That's me.
    2. Wrath of Pie: Sacred Foundry, Healer's Hawk, Grim Initiate, Gird for Battle
    OTP I blow up your land, and Emma wins. OTD I can still blow up your land, but I can also blow up the first striker and Emma still wins it, as she makes a 1/1 dude before you can block. 6-0
    3. Tylert: Swamp, Swamp, Vicious rumors, Dreadhorde invasion
    This is tough. I think all I have is dicarding Emma and killing your threat with Trophy. 2-2
    4. square_two: Plains, Healer's Hawk, Healer's Hawk, Sky Tether
    Emma beats two 1/1 creatures, so I can use Trophy to stop you from Tethering Emma. 6-0
    5. H: Blood Crypt, Grim Initiate, Grim Initiate, Vicious Rumors
    Emma would die to the double block, but you can't attack either, or I get to add 1/1s to my team. So if I discard Trophy to Rumors, I guess we draw both? 2-2
    If you make Hawk, I can Trophy your land, so you just wait for me, and when I cast Emma, you Tether her. I can Trophy something, but your second Tether plus Hawk should be able to secure the draws. 2-2
    7. Unlif3: Plains, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray, Charmed Stray
    I thought about playing the Strays. They're fun! :) But my deck is a tad better, I think. OTP I Trophy your land before you make the second Stray. Emma wins it. OTD you get to a 2/2 and a 1/1 Stray, which is just enough to stop Emma and the 1/1 she makes when she attacks into the 2/2 Stray. 4-1
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: Overgrown Tomb, Swamp, Dreadhorde Invasion, Assassin's Trophy
    The first to play a second land Trophies the land of the other player and then rides his threat to victory. 3-3

Total: 25 points

Sep 2011

Oops, I didn't think through Assassin's Trophy before submitting my deck.

1. Asthereal (TO): If I play Hawk, you Trophy my land (so I can't Tether) and win with Emmara. Instead I do nothing. If you play Emmara, I Tether her. If you Trophy the Tether, I Tether her again and win with flying Hawk, so you must Trophy my land and draw. DD 2-2
    2. Wrath of Pie: I Tether both your creatures. Then my Hawk gets there. WW 6-0
    3. Tylert: OTD I discard a Tether to Vicious Rumors. Then I play Hawk. You play Dreadhorde. I Tether your Army, so it keeps amassing but can never attack. Hawk and Dreadhorde slowly kill you. OTP I'm even faster. WW 6-0
    4. square_two: LOL nice deck. A bunch of Tethered Hawks stare at each other. DD 2-2
    5. H: I discard one Tether to Vicious Rumors and Tether 1 Initiate. Healer's Hawk outraces the other Initiate thanks to Lifelink. WW 6-0
    7. Unlif3: OTP I play Hawk. You play Stray. I Tether it and attack. You play another Stray. I Tether it and attack. You play the 3rd Stray. Even though I'm ahead in the race and have evasion, 1/1 lifelinks cannot race... They net 0 damage. We end up both stuck at the same life total forever. DD 2-2
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: If I play Hawk, you trophy my land (so I can't Tether) and the amassing Army kills me. Instead I do nothing. If you play Dreadhorde, I wait until you have an Army token, then I play Plains and Tether it. If you Trophy the Tether, I Tether it again and play Hawk and win. If you Trophy my land, the Army can't attack and Dreadhorde kills you. Both of us lose by doing something, so instead we do nothing. DD 2-2.

26 points (6 wins, 8 draws, 0 losses)

Thread Information